• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greninja General Discussion Thread - The Coolest Pokémon Ever Is Now Confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I actually wanted Kalos trainer with Chespin, Braixen, and Greninja, since Chespin is my favorite Pokemon. But Greninja is right up there, too, and I like my Shiny Greninja in my Pokemon X team! I'm glad he's in and welcome him!

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
I actually wanted Kalos trainer with Chespin, Braixen, and Greninja, since Chespin is my favorite Pokemon. But Greninja is right up there, too, and I like my Shiny Greninja in my Pokemon X team! I'm glad he's in and welcome him!
this reminds me of how lucario's shiny form wasn't a color swap for him in brawl. i hope greninja gets his as a color swap in this game.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Greninja has an array of A moves. However, his specials all seem to be borrowed from other fighters.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Very happy to see the coolest Water Starter around joining the roster. Looks like a very solid choice, good range, projectiles, fast approaches, teleport, he has it all.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I don't mind greninja I did hope for hi a little bit but I hated the fact sakurai used him for a mewtwo :troll:

And no it does not hurt mewtwo

6 playable pokemon in brawl I think ssb4 will have the same ammount 6

And as for the mega form attack on deconfirming mewtwo your are WRONG!!!!!!

You diden't look at the video charizard and lucario share the same type but not attacks and plus mewtwo has 2 forms so the customizable attacks shows you can choose which mewtwo form to use now that its confirmed for both (Mario's fire ball in wii u was friken huge) in other words lucario and mewtwo don't share the Same moveset I the final smash so still different attacks

Last edited:

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
They're on the Japanese and UK sites. For some reason not the American. Heck, they're even on the french-language Canadian version of the site. I think because they all use the same extensions as the Japanese site (the URL for Greninja on all of them still says Gekkouga, even when his name appears as Greninja) other than the American one.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
*First sees the hands and magic*
Mewtwo?
*See's the Water Shuriken*
No way, that can only mean...
0_0
AWESOME

Doesn't really hurt Mewtwo, so I'm hyped.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I think those with issues on the US site just need to refresh. The newcomers showed up for me as soon as I did. And it's awesome.

About Greninja, I'm just so excited to really get a feel for him. He's the second ninja in the cast, so I'm looking forward to how he's differentiated from Sheik.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
At first I was really confused and iffy about his inclusion, but now I'm really hyped about him being in the game. Greninja is one of my all time favorite starters. Sorry Villager, but I think Greninja is gonna be the newcomer I'm maining for this game.

D

Deleted member

Wow! I didn't expect this at all!
Still, I am glad to see Greninja get in Smash! Its moveset looks pretty awesome! I've used one in my X play through, so I am not opposed to its inclusion on the roster.
I must say though... this is probably the most unexpected newcomer to be in Smash.

Anyways, congrats Greninja supporters!

Dan

Smash Lord
Does he seem like a clone in any way? I can't really tell.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Congratulations to the Greninja supporters. :)

Glad we finally got a 6th gen Pokemon... hopefully it means we aren't getting the boring "Brawl Pokemon + Mewtwo" in SSB4.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I think I'm going to start getting cozy in this sub-forum. I'm happier with Greninja than I expected and cannot imagine not using him.

This game is making me want to use all the newcomers. Except perhaps Little Mac since I do like aerial battle.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yep. Unless Shulk shows up, I'm here forever.

I wanted him to be in so badly, but wasn't sure of it, so I stuck to my expected newcomers.

Holy **** I'm excited. This is literally my favorite addition to any Smash game ever. I'm so excited right now.

Edit: Also, Premium folks: is there a reason my Smash 4 main isn't showing up? I see other people with theirs, but I want my Greninja!

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I'm disappointed that Charizard was right there showing itself off and Greninja just completely steals the spotlight from him. The last move he used in the Direct video had to be his final smash. Anybody know what the heck it was?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom