• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greensboro Melee Tourney. 5.17.08-Whats a Brawl? ((Now having Brawl))

BEHR

Smash Hero
BRAWL Info on page 16

OK so I decided to host a Melee tourney at my house in Greensboro and I think Melee will be better the brawl for a tourney anyways the info is below this.

This is Team and Singles Tourney.

Date of Tourney:
May 17th 2008

Number:
336-210-7199 ((My Cell call if you have any questions.))

BYOC

Registration for singles : 11 A.M. Ends at Noon ((12 P.M))

One Hour Lunch Break after Singles ((I have Fast food Restaurants up and Down my street))

Registration for Teams begin when people get back from Lunch Break.

Team Starts Whenever People are done regestrating for teams

Casuals can be done while we register people.

This is outside in my Garage so there will be room to move around.

Oh and I have a Basketball hoop just in case you guys want to play a game but I need a ball.

GENERAL INFO:
5 Dollar Door Fee.

Singles:
10 Dollars per Participant.

Prizes for singles:
60% of Pot
30% of Pot
10% of Pot

Teams:
10 Dollars Per Team

Prizes for Team
60% of Pot
30% of Pot
10% of Pot

Rules: ((For Singles))
Best 2 out of 3

Double Elimination

Items off.

Team Rules:
Team Attack is on.

No Items.

Best 2 out of 3

Double Elimination

You can Steal your Partners Lives.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STAGES:
Teams Neutral - Yoshi's Story, Rainbow Cruise, Pokemon Stadium, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Kongo Jungle 64

Teams Counterpick - All Neutral, Great Bay, Corneria, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Brinstar, Poke Floats, Mushroom Kingdom II
Teams Banned - Icicle Mountain, Princess Peach's Castle, Kongo River, Fountain of Dreams, Flatzone, Temple, Yoshi's Island, Venom, Onett, Mute City, Mushroom Kingdom I, Brinstar Depths, Fourside, Big Blue, Yoshi's Story 64

Singles Neutral - Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64

Singles Counterpick - All Neutral, Corneria, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Brinstar, Mute City, Poke Floats, Kongo Jungle 64
Singles Banned - Icicle Mountain, Princess Peach's Castle, Kongo River, Great Bay, Flatzone, Temple, Yoshi's Island, Venom, Onett, Mushroom Kingdom I, Brinstar Depths, Fourside, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom II, Yoshi's Story 64
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I might have a section for Brawl Friendlies too but it is your responsibility to bring setups for Brawl Friendlies.

Setup for SSBM Tourney: ((If you bring a Setup you don't have to pay for the door fee.))
BEHR ((1 Full Setup))
Dr.PeePee ((1 Full Setup))
Habanero Pepper. ((1 Full Setup))
D Shep(( Needs T.V Setup))
Dark Hart ((1 Full Setup.))

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I'm coming BEHR, and I might bring a few friends. If I were you, I'd double the singles price to $10 for the pot's sake, but that's just me. ;) I can bring a copy of Melee and a GameCube.

Questions: Will 'Dave's Stupid Rule' be applied? The one where you can't play the same stage twice unless both players agree on it? (I think that's it.) Also, is there stage banning?

BEHR

Smash Hero
I'm coming BEHR, and I might bring a few friends. If I were you, I'd double the singles price to $10 for the pot's sake, but that's just me. ;)
I edited.

I forgot how NC likes money.

Edit: Dark there will be no David Rule.

Sure there is stage Banning if you and your opponent agree.

Habanero Pepper

Smash Apprentice
Not to be a bother again, but I'd appreciate it if someone came up here the day before and practice with me for the next day and give me a lift. I can bring a setup if that can happen.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Is anyone that lives in Raleigh going to BEHR's tourney. I totally need a ride. :urg:
Actually, anyone who would be willing to drive to Raleigh to pick me up would totally work as well. I can pay you if necessary.

Edit: BEHR: Are the Finals going to be best 2 of 3 as well, or are they going to be best 3 of 5? (i.e. winners, losers, and grand finals.)

BEHR

Smash Hero
Is anyone that lives in Raleigh going to BEHR's tourney. I totally need a ride. :urg:
Actually, anyone who would be willing to drive to Raleigh to pick me up would totally work as well. I can pay you if necessary.

Edit: BEHR: Are the Finals going to be best 2 of 3 as well, or are they going to be best 3 of 5? (i.e. winners, losers, and grand finals.)
3 out of 5 I love seeing combos.

I want the tourney to last a while also.

If theres a big turn out I might hold another one but for Brawl.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
well i guess i'll try 2 make it 2 this thing... although i haven't played melee in forever... but i dont have a partner... so i guess im just doing singles... good job...

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
hmmmmmmmmm i need to see what time i get off on saturday cus i'd like to make this if not i should still be able to make teams and if thats the case who wants to be my partner?

BEHR

Smash Hero
well i guess i'll try 2 make it 2 this thing... although i haven't played melee in forever... but i dont have a partner... so i guess im just doing singles... good job...
YOU BETTER MAKE THIS!!

Rawf- I already got a partner man sorry. o;

Habanero Pepper

Smash Apprentice
hmmmmmmmmm i need to see what time i get off on saturday cus i'd like to make this if not i should still be able to make teams and if thats the case who wants to be my partner?
WE can, it'l give you an excuse to come up here to practice and drive me too.

But seriously, that would be great if you could dug.

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
i cant go up the night before cus i know i work on sat and im sort of just crossing my fingers its the morning so i can make this tourny... if its not then i just sort of lose entirely

... on second though if i work late... then i could drive up and i can prly play singles and then miss teams... -recrosses his fingers for working late-

p.s. i havnt playd melee since that time at behr's... so im prly bad again just a fair warning to not expect much in teams bryan

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
If Vilt and Krii are coming, I'd be cool with being partners with one of them. Or maybe anyone else who wants to team with a Ness main. :3

Just putting that up in the air.

BEHR

Smash Hero
If Vilt and Krii are coming, I'd be cool with being partners with one of them. Or maybe anyone else who wants to team with a Ness main. :3

Just putting that up in the air.
Vilt is my partner at the tourney.

Krii I dont know who he is teaming with.

Habanero Pepper

Smash Apprentice
i cant go up the night before cus i know i work on sat and im sort of just crossing my fingers its the morning so i can make this tourny... if its not then i just sort of lose entirely

... on second though if i work late... then i could drive up and i can prly play singles and then miss teams... -recrosses his fingers for working late-

p.s. i havnt playd melee since that time at behr's... so im prly bad again just a fair warning to not expect much in teams bryan
no pressure man, I'll try to bug rocky to get his *** up here friday night.

EDIT: Also guys, l0zr's holding a tournament on the third apparently.

BEHR

Smash Hero
/me scratches his chin.

uh... is this going to be a pretty decent size? (Serious question)
Theres usually 10-15 People Plus that come to the tournaments but if some people from Out of State come it will most likely bring a bigger crowd.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol this state is too good. Pepper, Rocky probly exaggerates a little bit, but if you still want me to I could attempt to drive up and get you before the tourney(no promises!) Malk, I'm only worthy enough to praise it. That priviledge can only be given to those that truly deserve it.

Habanero Pepper

Smash Apprentice
Lol this state is too good. Pepper, Rocky probly exaggerates a little bit, but if you still want me to I could attempt to drive up and get you before the tourney(no promises!) Malk, I'm only worthy enough to praise it. That priviledge can only be given to those that truly deserve it.
Oh, I want you peepee. I want you bunches.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
malk... what's up with you and **** 2day... good job soldier...

oh yeah... if any out of towners want 2 come up friday... just send me a message... and yall can probably chill @ my house... i think im free that day.... and plus... if im gonna enter this tourney... im gonna need ALL the practice i can get.. b/c i haven't played melee since january 29th of this year... (that's when we got brawl)... good job soldier...

BEHR... SHIPPUDEN THE MOVIE IS OUT.. WATCH IT *****...

PacStrife

Smash Ace
I can't make this due to a prior school related function. Besides I don't want to take 1st with my Golden Roy anyways :)

Also good **** on keep NC smash alive guys. keep it up and I may just pick up my controller again.

BEHR

Smash Hero
I can't make this due to a prior school related function. Besides I don't want to take 1st with my Golden Roy anyways :)

Also good **** on keep NC smash alive guys. keep it up and I may just pick up my controller again.
**** Pac I wanted to see you again.

I love your Falcon.

NC does not die in smash. o;

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
iono where uncg is nor can i get out of the house till later on tonight (like 8 or 9) if not i'd gladly go over and let u beat me malk i'd prly even pick up pepper and @ pepper i sent u a pm but in case u check this first yes by tomorrow i meant tonight im off today tomorrow and thurs so we can play melee for like..... 2 days straight if u want to

Top Bottom