• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Green Greens... Is it a good cp?

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
Just wondering if anyone else likes this stage as Diddy. A couple of reasons I like it...

1) Smaller blastzones make the kill easier ( I know this works both ways)
2) Bouncing a nanner on the blocks gives you're opponent something else to worry about when approaching.
3) It seems to add importance to stage control simply because of the layout
4) Peanuts over the blocks can be a major annoyance
5)Nanners and peanuts both give us a way to safely set off bombs to kill or just rack more damage

Any feedback on it?

Robin1613

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Robin1613
Yes for all the reasons stated above, and no for recovery reasons. If Diddy falls directly under the three parts of green greens, recovering would be pretty hard, if possible at all. Plus the fact that a random bomb can fall on top of us when recovering from in between the gaps.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
the ceiling is higher than it appears to be. dont be afraid to take a snake here.

btw tech chasing in one of the two other platforms is AMAZING

sai_:)

Smash Ace
I have NEVER been to a tournament where Green Greens isn't banned. Where the heck do you live?
IN THE MIDWEST!!!!

Umm hmm...is it possible to get a d-tilt pseudo "lock" here with the walls?

I assume a banana lock wouldn't be too hard to pull off either. also with the blast zones I assume Diddy can kill earlier here.(WHICH IS FANTASTIC)

any freaky rocket barrel tricks possible here perhaps?

I feel like this could possibly be some super fantastic stage for Diddy...however im sure a few ppl here are even more broken(meta knight, snake...meta knight)

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
I can see how this would make getting kills easier but it seems like it just gimps diddys nana game more then it's worth. I suppose it's a trade, or I just haven't seen a good diddy game on the stage yet. I wanna see some wall clinging shenanigans though!!

can diddy do anything silly with all dem walls like dtilt with nana footstool nana drop? I might have just blurted out a ridiculous impossible combo but if it's possible I wanna see it!

sai_:)

Smash Ace
I guess we Diddy's need to test stuff here more. Personally I doubt I would ever pick it as my cp but I'd like to be prepared in case other ppl do

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
I stated this in my last post but I really think it should be noted that diddys here have sooo much less room to do stuff with naners then other stages. I mean, you can get a wall lock here (I think), but setting it up with such small a small ground area to do so seems impractical. This stage seems like one where diddys use naners more than a normal projectile than anything, playing most of ones game with their moves (for once, haha). Then again, I haven't really seen enough diddy matches on this stage. Someone put hard work into testing so I can immediately reap your benefits <3

DFEAR

Smash Hero
so anybody else like double wall jumping for ****s and giggles? and or make a mini house with the blocks.

btw apples are broken :\

and dood in all honestly less space easily means more room to read people easier when they trip cuz in all seriousness, where could they go where we will not punish. they roll once, trip, stand up, trip, get-up attack, shield, perhaps a shield grab into banana choke or nana throw oos (not GTOoS cuz that **** will go past them :/ )

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
If the opponent realizes that the space in the middle is getting them read and combo'd won't they just camp one of the sides?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
If the opponent realizes that the space in the middle is getting them read and combo'd won't they just camp one of the sides?
do the same thing back.

this stage will eventually turn into a % lead win...get used to it. love fighting a wario here :\

TreK

Is "that guy"
Green Greens looks super sexy with Diddy. However it's been banned for over 2 years here, I don't think I could make French people accept it. They want JJ banned already, there goes my CP T_T

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
so anybody else like double wall jumping for ****s and giggles? and or make a mini house with the blocks.

btw apples are broken :\

and dood in all honestly less space easily means more room to read people easier when they trip cuz in all seriousness, where could they go where we will not punish. they roll once, trip, stand up, trip, get-up attack, shield, perhaps a shield grab into banana choke or nana throw oos (not GTOoS cuz that **** will go past them :/ )
i like wall clinging right next to falling blocks and turning upside-down lolll
i love apples, WA special and fruit combos are too good

yeah, its seriously like shadow moses in there, but even smaller

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
yup

Starter Stages

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter-Pick Stages

Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

taken from the rules and settings section of MLG

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
IN THE MIDWEST!!!!

Umm hmm...is it possible to get a d-tilt pseudo "lock" here with the walls?

I assume a banana lock wouldn't be too hard to pull off either. also with the blast zones I assume Diddy can kill earlier here.(WHICH IS FANTASTIC)

any freaky rocket barrel tricks possible here perhaps?

I feel like this could possibly be some super fantastic stage for Diddy...however im sure a few ppl here are even more broken(meta knight, snake...meta knight)
Meta Knight isn't that great here. GW can actually CP him here and take the advantage in the mu. I'd watch out for some of the heavy hitters here like DDD, Snake, Ike etc. GW is great here too.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Take percent lead and camp on the sides. if they approach go to another ledge hopefully with no bombs. And I think if you have port priority you can throw opponents into a bomb and follow up with something because of SA frames.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
I make it a habit to DI toward the blocks when I get sent flying as well. Provided one happens to fall (which they fall pretty quickly when theres only a few) and its not a bomb, it'll hit you and cancel the momentum.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i mean an actual bomb block hits me and i explode downwards lol

PortCity

Smash Ace
DO NOT GO TO THIS STAGE...plain and simple. In the Midwest this stage has been legal for years and it is not where you want to be. Weird characters like Sonic and G&W can abuse this stage. Not only that, DDD can have his infinite without thought...he just needs a few blocks up and that is a wrap. Also, despite the sides being close, it is in no way conducive for diddy...it just an even playing field for horizontal kills making not only you kill easier but everyone else in the cast. DFear...I respectfully disagree...do not take snake here because if you get knocked off the middle platform he is going to set up shop. While you are returning, he will set a mine on the top platform a C4 in the middle and start tossing grenades at you. Now you have to dodge all this stuff just to get him...it isn't fun. Please don't pull out a banana and toss it into his enclave. Him taking your bananas just makes it that much more difficult. The ONLY good thing diddy can do here is snipe the explosive blocks and abuse apples when the come out. I take that back, if you are good off stage the sides can be a blessing...because on this stage there are very few options to getting back on stage after being knocked off. Most of the cast will be limited in their recovery making it easier to kill off the side with prediction. Of course, that is ONLY if you are good off stage and without bananas. Bananas will be almost useless on this stage. So all you guys who can't approach without a banana, good luck.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Weird characters like Sonic and G&W can abuse this stage.
How? I've never seen either character do anything spectacular there, especially Sonic.

PortCity said:
Not only that, DDD can have his infinite without thought...he just needs a few blocks up and that is a wrap.
I think it's a given that you're never supposed to CP a Dedede to any stage with a wall, ever. That's true for any character, and we knew it before the American launch date.

I agree with everything else you said.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yea i agree with you, pcity. i played seibrik's snake AND mk here and its a BAD-DECENT diddy cp stage.

but i must disagree on the banana parts...bananas are broken on the two outer platforms. easy tech chases/forced situations and you WILL DOMINATE that area. when theyre recovering/approachin towards you (when banana(s) are in the middle of platform or during walling/bricking)
they:
1. land on the banana> trip > punish
2. airdodge to catch banana> punish
3. use an aerial to catch banana > bait/shield > punish
4. use an attack > bait/shield > punish
4. just fall in front of u without tripping > read> punish

now for when they are hanging on the ledge however it also applies (when banana is in middle of platform and/or near the edge)

1. get up attack > you shield/they trip> punish
2. roll> trip/punish
3. jump > bait> fair/bair
4. they jump down to z catch or airdodge > either be quick enough to ledge hog OR just run to the other side and repeat camping process lol

bananas however are very limited in the middle platform. MAIN reasons:

1. they get blown away by the wind from the tree AND fall off stage if blocks arent in the way LOL
2. limited space can both equal good or bad opportunities for you and your opponent

but the middle platform can benefit diddy kong a crapload from all the apple combos you can create
such examples can include:

grab apple> smash down throw apple> upair/fair immediately to catch AND hit them for extra %

thats just one example.

the blocks are kinda useful in a way where you can bait attacks and FORCE your opponent to explode. very lol to make seibrik Dsmash you at high % while he's at like 40% and dieing from a bomb block. very lol indeed.

you could also use the blocks as a way to create a bouncing banana wall (throw a banana on one block and see it bounce on the ones beneath it). this can be useful for:

intimidation, make bananas "last longer", baiting, etc.

the gaps in between the platforms are decent for diddy. his upb goes through the blocks, you can choose which of the TWO ledges to grab to not get ledge hoggd and or mixup to which side of the two platforms you wanna be on.

when being knockd off stage however...you gotta really be careful how you recover because when you want to recover ON stage you better recover OVER the blocks otherwise you explode into hitstun into whatever punishment your opponent wants to bring on you. Plus, if you hit a bomb block you explode but you dont die from the explosion even at high %.

you "can" also side b underneath the outer platforms and upb into one of the inner ledges for recovery mixup.

also walljumping is broken

and mk/snake are amazing on green greens, but that doesnt mean that it cant be good for diddy as well

just make sure to abuse MOAR PEANUTS and you should be well in all seriousness...btw a stock lead means an auto win...just saying...unless something dumb happens xD

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Green Greens is good for Sonic, as the best Sonic in FL i know this, he has easy/infinite jab locks on this stage and can easily get them by d throwing you.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
this stage is supposedly sonics best stage. but its not for jab locks by dthrow if its a good opponent. u can tech that b4 sonic finishes **** animation lol. or u can tech the wall. We can just jab u against the wall though and u can only SDI out if its done right. Sonic is good with items and we usually have to steal them from other characters but this stage we get them for free. Sonic racks up damage like mad and its too easy to follow up with sonic on this stage because its so small. combined with the blast zones Sonic gains some actual safe kill moves which is usually one of the banes of sonic. This stage is 2 good. lol. I dont see y it wouldnt be good for diddy. What weightclass is he in? I know sonic is randomly heavier than average.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
this stage is supposedly sonics best stage. but its not for jab locks by dthrow if its a good opponent. u can tech that b4 sonic finishes **** animation lol. or u can tech the wall. We can just jab u against the wall though and u can only SDI out if its done right. Sonic is good with items and we usually have to steal them from other characters but this stage we get them for free. Sonic racks up damage like mad and its too easy to follow up with sonic on this stage because its so small. combined with the blast zones Sonic gains some actual safe kill moves which is usually one of the banes of sonic. This stage is 2 good. lol. I dont see y it wouldnt be good for diddy. What weightclass is he in? I know sonic is randomly heavier than average.
I know everything with Sonic and that stage, his d throw to the wall sets up an infinite jab i have a vid already made i'll upload later, UNLESS they TECH the wall its an infinite, his side b sometimes doesnt let him get hurt when he blows up bombs with it, other chars have moves like that too like charizard f-smash weird lol, he can quickly jump to up b if an opponent is close to blow up bombs on them and can easily recover. =D

PortCity

Smash Ace
...so yeah...discuss the stage...learn the stage...and then stay away from it.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
...his d throw to the wall sets up an infinite jab i have a vid already made i'll upload later, UNLESS they TECH the wall its an infinite...
^See bolded. I was really surprised how easy it is to Tech Sonic's D-Throw (or Wolf's, for that matter). It would be a genuine mistake by the user being thrown if they end up actually getting jab locked by this.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
^See bolded. I was really surprised how easy it is to Tech Sonic's D-Throw (or Wolf's, for that matter). It would be a genuine mistake by the user being thrown if they end up actually getting jab locked by this.
Yea if they don't tech the wall its just like "Yea......you ****ed up" XD

Top Bottom