• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greatest mistake youve heard

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Accidentally using a Masterball on a Rattata and then saving shortly after. I guess that would be the biggest mistake I've heard.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
So everyone, i was just wondering what was the greatest mistake youve heard someone say about pokemon. One day, i heard someone talking to his friends about pokeon and he said Oh-ho instead of Ho-oh! hahaha i laughed in my head...
You just made a mistake yourself, pokemon not "pokeon".

anyway, I once heard Marill being called BluChu, even though it was known that his name was Marill.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
one time I found latias, and i didn't really realize it (I was half asleep) and I killed it:(
but I didn't save so I turn my gameboy off and restart, then it takes me about 5 more hours to refind it and about 2 months to catch it:urg:

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
A loooong time ago, before Marill made it's first anime appearance. Some pictures were leaked and the community called Marill, "Pikablu". Good times.

Biggest mistake is the current metagame's opinion towards suicide leads. They're not that big of a problem. They were made to simply be better than Gengar, Bronzong, Gyarados, and the like. Sacrificing one Pokemon just to Taunt and Stealth Rocks is plain stupid.

That and I lost my Nintendo DS with my copy of Diamond+Sapphire in it.

A_man13

Smash Master
But Jigglypuff, The Japanese Version Has Guns! We Cannot Allow Children To Be Exposed To That Kind Of Filth!

EDIT: Argh... it was supposed to be all caps.
Smashboards has that feature...

But yeah, I once thought Garchomp could learn Dragon dance and said that it did on the trading room on serebii.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I've never heard any big Pokemon mistakes, but people have flamed me when I've said my Umbreon in Crystal knew Psychic.

It gets really annoying that people don't know what they're talking about -.-

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I've heard little kids call Lugia Luigi...

"I have a Level 100 Luigi, ha!"

zrky

Smash Lol'd
But Jigglypuff, The Japanese Version Has Guns! We Cannot Allow Children To Be Exposed To That Kind Of Filth!

EDIT: Argh... it was supposed to be all caps.
your right, those kids that had epileptic seizures were lab rats, they don't matter

oh, I love those kids that think their all cool and stuff "cuz I gots a lv.49 pikachu!"

Mewter

Smash Master
I've heard some...
Rayquaza became Ray-Kwugh-Zuh!
gROUDON "GROO-DON"
and Kyogre "Ky- ROgue!"
Taht's embar-is-sing. Teh wurst tihng evre.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I once told my cousin in my Emerald to go out and fight some pokemon but not to catch them. I went into a random pile of grass, gave him the gameboy and went back to playing melee. The 1st pokemon he sees is lotios. He killed it.
I realized after checking my dex that I had met one. When I told my cousin he told me he fought it "that day".

-:bowser:Bowser King

ToiletRoll

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiskyR
I once told my cousin in my Emerald to go out and fight some pokemon but not to catch them. I went into a random pile of grass, gave him the gameboy and went back to playing melee. The 1st pokemon he sees is lotios. He killed it.
I realized after checking my dex that I had met one. When I told my cousin he told me he fought it "that day".

I made that mistake with Cresselia :'(

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
your right, those kids that had epileptic seizures were lab rats, they don't matter

oh, I love those kids that think their all cool and stuff "cuz I gots a lv.49 pikachu!"
I gots myself a level 55 Raichu, so :p

:laugh:

Raichu isn't that good, I only used him for the Elite 4 in case my other Pokemon died.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion

Man that would make me feel like crap. I feel for ya. I had a mate (this is back in yr 2 btw) and we all thought mew was somehow an evolution of meowth, mainly coz of the letters of one being in the other and the propaganda of that kid hu reckons he knows the most and makes half of it up :(

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I used to think Farfetch'd evolved to Doduo, because on the Pokemon board game (which was really fun) the box had all the 1st gen Pokemon, and lines connecting evolutions, eg. Ekans and Arbok, Venonat and Venomoth. These lines connected Farfetch'd, Doduo, and Dodrio, so I assumed they were evolutions.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Biggest mistake I made was this, I had a remoraid at lv 40(fishing) and I wanted octillery, but I did not know remoraid evolved into octilery, so I spent 5 hours fishing for octilery when I could have evlved my remoraid.

I killed a feebass:(...........i did not know how rare it was)

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Pokemon Generation 3 and above. Biggest flub I've ever seen.

No really. Gen. 1/2 is the only good Pokemon generation.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I once used Hypnosis 5 times in a row on Shoddy, not realising that it had worked the first time for some reason.

Top Bottom