• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

C

Circle

Alrighty.. Shouts!

Shouts to everyone coming out and the crew battle we were able to pull off! but especially...

Jenon: Those few matches against you were tough!

Amadh: *Screw* your Marth! lol (first time against you and I couldn't comprehend the speed for a while)

and both of you guys on a team = deadly O_O

David (Dragon_Hawk not me :S): Crazy, Weird (and sometimes scary) Conversations ftw! (we need to face each other even though ICs counter my Sheik :( )

Adnan: Grr..! I will eat your Peach's turnips!

Matt (efex): Great to see you explode on to the scene dude :) very faster learner.

Last but not least (Jenon you'll love this)
The Set between Nate adn Jenon!
Match 1
Match 2
Match 3

the problem

Smash Apprentice
Alrighty.. Shouts!

Shouts to everyone coming out and the crew battle we were able to pull off! but especially...

Jenon: Those few matches against you were tough!

Amadh: *Screw* your Marth! lol (first time against you and I couldn't comprehend the speed for a while)

and both of you guys on a team = deadly O_O

David (Dragon_Hawk not me :S): Crazy, Weird (and sometimes scary) Conversations ftw! (we need to face each other even though ICs counter my Sheik :( )

Adnan: Grr..! I will eat your Peach's turnips!

Matt (efex): Great to see you explode on to the scene dude :) very faster learner.

Last but not least (Jenon you'll love this)
The Set between Nate adn Jenon!
Match 1
Match 2
Match 3
Before I say anything.....Dzenon* and Imadh* :laugh:
Yeah thanks for posting up the matches, now I know what to improve on. Next time we should take more vids of everyone.Again thanks for posting it up =]

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Nevermind, I've got it financially pwned. Um, I'm still talking to the CC, but right now May 5 looks likely, any objections?

EDIT: I might have to make it April 28, which is only 3 weeks away. I'll make a thread in the Tournaments forum once I hear from the CC.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
SHOUTOUTZ SONZEZ

Aww man, fun ****.

James: Hey bud, I wanted to get some doubles matches in. You SOOO shoulda just pissed on that fence, even if the old lady was watching XDDD. Wtf is up with this team low tier nonsense. Urr LOL it seems EVERYONE is in trouble with their parents now. Keep the Smash up. It's teh #1 priorty. Guilty Gear can be like.. 2nd LOL. Jk you chose that decision.

Dzenan: ROFL We nearly had those crews, you were starting to scare us with that ****. FARUKON PUNCHU! XDDD Nice set with Nate, we gotta train in the Hyperbolic Time-chamber again. Man I wanted to have another 1-on-1, and a teams match too. But next time, lol.

Imadh: omg, I hate your Falco. But that got so close. Poor Falco, the matchup is such a frustrating one for him. But good **** in crews, you seem to anchor well. Keep the doubles practice up. We're all getting better, wonder if you noticed XD. But great **** as usual.

Grmo: Ugh, sorry I was soo late. We gotta get some proper quality matches. It's safe to say that we're rivals XD. May 5th is tough, myself and Matt have this b-day party we're attending. And like same 2 weeks later. Try Victoria day. But I gotta say, I really appreciate your efforts. Our recent talks of our plans for smash have been great and we'll do something with them. Don't give up, that's what I can tell you now.

Jeffman: Where were you, I was looking forward to beating down on some ugly arabs yesterday :[.

Andy: behh we thought you'd come, but thats cool. Next time.

David: Holy. ****. I couldn't believe the struggle I had to go through to beat your ICs. Some huge improvement, really. Keep that up man. Marths and Samus' usually get away with gayer ****, lol. I love that dsmash spam :].

Nate: ROFL Great ****. My god your Luigi hurts my head, seriously does. I was sitting there confused, and headstruck. That never happens, I'll get that back. I SWEAR I SAW THAT STAGE SPIKE A MILE AWAY but you took out some nice **** there of stocks, even though I think you had 2-3 suicides o__o. Hope you can get Daniel and Jake coming by sometime soon.

DJ: ROFL That drive home was the funniest **** ever. The Nate impersonations we're too great, no johns Nate. LOL.

"You want a pen to copy that"

*Nate talking on the phone, trying to copy, ignoring him*

"I bet he's going to ask me to copy it for him"

*2 seconds later*

"Can you copy that"

ROFL XDDD. That match on PokeStad was too close, seriously. Nice trick in the end. Cool down in crews man, no pressure man. btw that needles-to-grab combo was tooo sweet. Hope to see you soon. Thanks for the vids so soon.

Matt (SWB): Thanks for letting us host a smashfest there. So finally you're Marth is making some improvement. You still got a long way to go, though. Smashfests are healthy for the game, but so is the research of characters through vids and discussions.

Matt (FX): Nice **** man, thanks for the ride. HOLY **** HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS THIRSTY? O____O That was such a mindgame XD. You're real good, looks were quite deceiving for me
come by as many smashfests as possible, i can see improvement already. From your first match to the last that day. You're one hella quick learner. Keep it up, watch some vids of Falco vs whatever to get an idea of how to play against whatever. Shiz, PC, Dav3, FalseFalco and maybe some Bombsoldier but yeah, get that knowledge game going too.

OMG NATE VS JAMES BEST MATCH EVAR

The sheiks have improved, nice to see.

Great stuff guys, upcoming week will be a spare so no smashfests from me. Keep posted for me to give out the Ranking Battle date.

-ZERO-

Smash Cadet
Just to clear things up, my name is pronounced ee-maw-d, or uh-maw-d, doesn't really matter. But it's spelt Imadh. Also, you guys have been referring to him as Jenon, and even though it's pronounced that way, his name is spelt Dzenan.

Shouts
---------
Dzenan: Good thing you had faith in our doubles team. If it wasn't for you, I probably wouldn't have done nearly as good as we did at this fest. Haha, and nice match in the crew battle, you had me scared when you got me down to one stock. Keep up the JC'd grabs and the knee combos! (EDIT) I just watched your set with Nate, and you're starting to scare me with your skill. It just seems that you rush things a little. Start to incorporate more empty shorthops into your game, and for the sake of your improvement, start watching vids of pro Falcons!

Nate: I'm glad you made it out to Sauga once again. It's good for our Sauga crew to get practice against a very good Jiggs player every once in awhile. Keep up the good matches, and I hope to see you at future Smashfests.

David(Dragonhawk): Since I completely murdered your Kirby in that ranking battle awhile back, you got your **** IC's after me. Grab game = ridiculous. Don't worry though, I'll find my way around it. Haha, I can't believe we won that Crew battle!

David(Circle): Good matches, man. It seems you have a pretty strong interest in Smash. Make sure you come to alot of Smashfests, and you'll see improvement in yourself quickly. Get that 1gb SD card for your camera!

Matt(Switchblade): Your Marth is slowly rising. Good job in the crew battle, man. Thanks for hosting another Smash event.

Matt(efex): I didn't even know anybody new was going to show up. But it was a good surprise, and I'm even happy there's a new Falco player. As I've said to others, come to more of these Smashfests and you'll see a big improvement. Also, it'd be really good if you can bring all the video-recording equipment next time.

Jamal: I really hope you have an ambition to get better in Smash. It'd be fun to play doubles against you and Andre. BEEF FOR LIFE!!!!

Andre: WOW! Good job in the crew battle, man. You've never let me down in a crew battle. Keep up that good ****.

Adnan: I hoped your Peach would get better, and it happened. Good matches, and it sucks that we had to face eachother in the first round of that tourney, lol.

Grmo: Like Dzenan said, your Fox is really improving. When it comes to technical play, you shine like the sun. But your mindgames aren't nearly as good. Pay attention to your opponent's tendencies and punish them. Fox can really punish a tech roll with his upsmash(James does it alot). Good games, and I hope next time you can stay longer.

James: At first I thought you just had a bad day with your Falco, but now, you don't seem to be as good as you were with him before. I guess your ambition to improve with Young Link is overshadowing your ambition towards Falco. If you're not going to main Falco, at least try to main Fox. I mean, there's only so far you can get with Young Link. In no way do I mean stop playing Young Link, but it would be good if your main was Fox/Young Link, or even Sheik/Young Link. Just my 2 cents, and it's completely your decision. GG.

Jeff(Drolian): Even though you didn't come, you still deserve a shoutout. I hope somehow you can work on your persuasion skills and persuade your parents to let you come to these Smashfests. After coming to your house and playing you, I can tell you have some serious potential. I guess the only way we can get your Mother to believe we're not 'bad friends' is if we meet her.

That pretty much sums up the shouts. To anyone I missed, my bad. It's too bad Jake and Daniel couldn't come, I was really looking forward to it. Oh well, there's always next time.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
David(Dragonhawk): Since I completely murdered your Kirby in that ranking battle awhile back, you got your **** IC's after me. Grab game = ridiculous. Don't worry though, I'll find my way around it. Haha, I can't believe we won that Crew battle!
This post was made with absolutely no spite in it at all.

But just wait until I learn how to wobble properly ;) I'm not exactly sure how we won that crew battle but we managed it lol.

And plz don't find a way around grabs. I need to go up at the next ranking battle. I want to go up :(
David: Holy. ****. I couldn't believe the struggle I had to go through to beat your ICs. Some huge improvement, really. Keep that up man. Marths and Samus' usually get away with gayer ****, lol. I love that dsmash spam :].
lol after that crazy *** chain throw in the beginning of our game I thought I could keep a lead. But once again Peach shows that through strength, determination, extreme Nana-gimping and a ****load of d-smash spam, you can beat the ICs! But lol I digress. GG, I need more Peach experience.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Grmo: Ugh, sorry I was soo late. We gotta get some proper quality matches. It's safe to say that we're rivals XD. May 5th is tough, myself and Matt have this b-day party we're attending. And like same 2 weeks later. Try Victoria day. But I gotta say, I really appreciate your efforts. Our recent talks of our plans for smash have been great and we'll do something with them. Don't give up, that's what I can tell you now.
Yeah, I'm looking at April 28 now. I know it's short notice but I think it's my only shot.

Grmo: Like Dzenan said, your Fox is really improving. When it comes to technical play, you shine like the sun.
That was touching :(

PS. Is anyone else going to FC this year? My parents are willing to let me go as long as I've got a safe way to get there and I'm with people.

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
Jeff(Drolian): Even though you didn't come, you still deserve a shoutout. I hope somehow you can work on your persuasion skills and persuade your parents to let you come to these Smashfests. After coming to your house and playing you, I can tell you have some serious potential. I guess the only way we can get your Mother to believe we're not 'bad friends' is if we meet her.

Thanks, I'll see if anyone can come over again. I hope my skill from that day stays, lol.

And plz don't find a way around grabs. I need to go up at the next ranking battle. I want to go up :(
o no u diednt
PS. Is anyone else going to FC this year? My parents are willing to let me go as long as I've got a safe way to get there and I'm with people.
Maybe Andy? Wow, FC, make sure to record some vids of you getting owned. ;)

jaykay

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Yo! Had a lot of fun at the smashfest! Hahaha, I've been trying to count how many stocks I took in crew's... I feel like I let my crew down you know only taking like 8 stocks, lol had I been less greedy with that kill It would have been like 9-10, oh well...... You gotta get smashed up against the side of stages sometimes. And oh god, I missed sooo many rests today, hahaha at least I hit that one hella crucial one vs Chrono.

Adnan: Fun times bro, hahahaha so you didn't know? Luigi was my main for a Long *** time, longer then I've been playing Jiggs. You have a good understanding of the game when you play, I think things will come together for you soon.
Hahaha yeah, I knew you guys were commenting about me in the car....

Dzenon (the spelling of your name is a mindgame) : Good stuff yesterday. Us teaming in crews was too powerfull. Nice matches and especially nice set of ours. Lol Try not to improve TOO much...

Imadh: Good matches, I wanted to get in a set vs you, never happened though... oh well.
Crew battle was nice, you totally out strategized us for the most part.... but I mowed through your dudes when I came on. Till next time.

Dragon Hawk: Dont think cause you're fourth on thet shoutouts that I've forsaken you or something lol. Keep up the Ice Climbers, they're getting really gay, but you know.... the good kind of gay.

Chrono: HAHAHA I GOT YOU MAN! Crazyest match of the night.

Andy: Where you at dawg!!!?

Circle: Needs no shoutout. I see this guy every day at school lol.

Matt: Thanks for hosting, keep up the practise dude.

Peeps I faced in crew battle: I hate to be cocky but...... MOW! I MOWED YOU DOWN!!!

everyone else: GG's dudes.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Dragon Hawk: Dont think cause you're fourth on thet shoutouts that I've forsaken you or something lol. Keep up the Ice Climbers, they're getting really gay, but you know.... the good kind of gay.
[smashdrama]

You don't love me anymore!

[/smashdrama]

lol your Jiggs is beastly. And my ICs are probably getting gay but that's what happens to everyone's chars. I'm sure all smashers' chars are straight at one point but then they gradually become increasingly homosexual as they play...

Is anyone here planning on attending FC this year?
I want to but I'm broke.

the problem

Smash Apprentice
I can't I'm on vacation most of july *****ing **** ***** and the chances are REALLY REALLY REALLY high that I wouldnt be able to go anyways.

p.s this is so ****ing ****ed up like a piece of **** =]

-ZERO-

Smash Cadet
I talked to Maelstrom and he seems interested in going. It's a maybe for him. Also a maybe for Andy.

FC is this big tournament happening in Indiana. Some of the big names in Smash are attending, such as PC Chris, Chillin, Chu Dat, and Mew2King.

It's ok Dzenan, there's always TransCanada to go to.

LOL, Adnan got the 666th post in this thread.

ChrnoX

Smash Cadet
I am seriously gonna main young link cause he is way too cool lol. I cant believe that my match against Nate was the hightlight lol.

D

Deleted member

I was all ready to come to this, but it would have been a waste of time as I would have had to leave in like.. 1 hour. Easter Dinnarz

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I was all ready to come to this, but it would have been a waste of time as I would have had to leave in like.. 1 hour. Easter Dinnarz
Nate explained to me what happened, it's all good. It's the thought that counts.

Shadic. My friend I've seen that flaming from Germ. He's a ****-*** son of a *****, I'll back you up soon on that topic, everyone is being a ****-rider. But in all honesty, that vid sucked. But come to our smashfests, we can help out your game. If I'm correct you play Ganon, you could get a tip or two from Jeffman or even Drolian.

efex

Smash Cadet
Naw, this week is a spare. Get some rest and ****. Or do other ****.
rest who sleeps now a days. I wanna practice more, its not fun when i beat my friends with bowser....my friend had a heart attack and started to yell at me -_-;;

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
If anyone around Toronto is desperate to smash against someone, you could probably come over to my place on a weekend provided I'm not pimping out my 'hos. Although I warn you - I'm not as good as Imadh, Adnan, Nate, Dzenan or James lol so if you do drop by don't expect too much lol.

Adnan: When are you going to teach me to play SSB64 and win with Kirby? :(

efex

Smash Cadet
Actually...I'll see if anyone can come to my place this weekend..
were is your place exactly i'd like to come by and play also :D
(if that was your home that i was at this weekend I'm sorry still slow at remembering who i met)

Top Bottom