• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Windrose

Smash Lord
^ what are those sperm looking purple pokemon?? never seen those before.

edit: defective sperm since they have 2 tails...

some pokemon trainer has been standing too close to the microwave....

Rikana

Smash Champion
Imadh:
Kaizen at Costco is $45. They usually drop down to $35 when they're on sale. 5lbs for $40'ish after tax isn't bad at all.
http://www.kaizenprotein.com/index.html

If you're interested, I can sell you one of my tubs at the same price I bought it for. It hasn't been opened. I only have one left; still finishing the one I opened. I went through 2.5 tubs already.

This is the one that I stocked up on:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html
I bought the 10lbs package with the coupon code when it was exploitable. They're quite expensive here in Canada though.
Here it is on GNC: http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11811211&cp=11926105.12284217
$83 for 5lbs.. that's super expensive. I bought it at that price for 10lbs from bodybuilding.

Basically, I recommend Kaizen above any 5lbs brand around the $40 price range. If you're willing to pay more for quality products, Optimum Nutrition (ON) is your best bet. But you will rarely find $50 5lbs ON protein whey in Canada.

I have a lot of info about protein powder if you wanna know more about them. I did a lot of research on it before buying them since I don't wanna be digesting something for long term to find out in the end that it wasn't good for me. A lot of companies tell you X amount of protein you get per scoop, but they're all lies. You get less than what's claimed; it just varies from one brand to another. It's hard to trust the supplement industry because they're not considered a real source of food. They can pretty much put whatever **** they want in it.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I have 5lbs mocha cappuccino and 10lbs vanilla both from ON. I use vanilla from Kaizen. The mocha cappuccino tastes amazinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg. Omg. I can't wait to consume it.

As for ISOflex. I can't really comment on it. I had bad experience with ISOflex in general. Bloated stomach, a lot of gas, bad taste, etc. But it wasn't the same one as the one you were mentioned. I'm assuming you're talking about this one right? http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/iso.html

There was a link on reddit that experimented with many different protein powder brands and presented a more accurate reading of what the supplements actually give you. Its in a form of a chart so you get to compare many brands, including the price as well.

Do you actually eat 8000 calories a day? lol I just eat around 3000. A lot of supplement brands are personal preference. I just like to keep my supplements clean - minimal contamination of other metal toxic and such. lol its funny how you post in here when it comes to exercising and supplements, but not when its regarding anything else, including smash.

Edit: Imadh, what we talked about in the car was Isolate vs. Concentrate. Concentrate takes longer to be absorbed than isolate, but still much faster than the protein you get from your food. Isolate is also for those that are lactose intolerant. Though isolate absorbs faster, it doesn't mean your body will absorb all of the protein you get from them. You will need enough acids in your body to break down the protein in the first place. I'd say concentrate is better overall. Isolate is the best after a workout.

In terms of bulking, a lot of people say that you need approximately 75% to 100% of protein in grams in ratio to your weight in lbs. So 200 lbs = 200 grams of protein a day (assuming its 100%). It sort of seems like overkill to me. I'd go about 75%.

SyphiliS

Smash Cadet
In terms of bulking, a lot of people say that you need approximately 75% to 100% of protein in grams in ratio to your weight in lbs. So 200 lbs = 200 grams of protein a day (assuming its 100%). It sort of seems like overkill to me. I'd go about 75%.
There's no overkill when it comes to bulking, so not gains, bro. #getswole #liveswole
Also, get that protein in within 30 min post workout (not all of it, maybe like 30-60g).

and I have nothing good to say regarding smash >.>

Windrose

Smash Lord
So is anyone following (or going to) Kings of Cali 2?

Ken is coming again!

There's some sort of hyped up match with bets on Ken vs. Scar

In addition, Ken says he will go to EVO if Scar beats him.

Not sure how much of a chance Ken has but people are hinting that he has improved a decent amount (and de-rusted) since KoC 1...

ycz12

Smash Ace
Hello folks I will be in Toronto between now and Saturday

IDK how much free time I will have, also I don't really have a means of transportation, but is anyone interested in playing? I'm staying in Forest Hill.

PS Ken's sandwiches are pretty good

Windrose

Smash Lord
^woahhh it's that guy that has a metal jiggly puff with rabbit ears!!

where is forest hill? we have friendlies downtown every thursday if you can make it. if you aren't familiar with transportation around here we can provide you the necessary info but google maps should give you what you need.

it is Thursday afternoons from 3:00pm to 8:00pm at A&C World (Spadina & Bloor)

i don't remember the specific address i'm sure you can find it on google, or someone else can fill you in.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Timer Ham, Ideas, FreeHandUnknown, what time is good for you guys to leave tomorrow? I suggest 1-pm. I don't have any preference as for where to pick you guys up. So how about we volunteer Idea's place? It really doesn't matter for me though.

I have talked to HIV positive and he told us to bring sleeping bags and standard toiletries.

Ryan, if you still want songs to play for the road, just put it on an SD card. Or if someone has a laptop they are bringing (or tablet) that can read SD cards with the music already loaded on some usb/laptop or w/e to transfer onto an SD card on the road. (it's only a 4 hour drive so you can all just enjoy some of Camilo & Europeanphoria s favourite SkrilleX remixes.)

EDIT:

Estimated time of return: Sunday early afternoon (2:00pm?) We can leave earlier if necessary, I don't have any preference.

idea

Smash Master
Almost a year ago, I bought a thing that lets you plug in an mp3 player through the cigarette lighter.

Also yes my house is available, I guess either come late-ish tonight or early-ish tomorrow morning. Whatever makes the most sense for everyone.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Alright, if no one has any objections, converge at kyle's place and I'll pick y'all up there before 1 pm tomorrow (probably around 12:30pm)?

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
I dont have a sleeping bag but im cool with bringing a pillow and sleeping on the floor assuming this guy's house has carpeted floors

Also, I can meet at kyle's house tomorrow, what's the exact address again and which bus do i take from victoria park station?

Top Bottom