• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Rikana is offering ****** smash and hammer time isn't hauling ass over there?

Busy tonight, though igloo smash still sounds warmer than ANC :troll:
Edit: they got rid of troll face? Smh

Windrose

Smash Lord
That is unacceptable... How dare they get rid of that.

Nike did you pay for tapatalk?

Windrose

Smash Lord
First, you need to get a CRT TV or all your practices on lcd will be non applicable in tournaments. Component cables do not completely reduce all the lag.

Second, you have to decide if you are going to mainly play project m or melee. You guys seem to mostly play project m right now.

If you guys get CRT and play melee, Reid, Izek, and I will come often and play in mississauga.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Lol it is the other other other other other Pokemon thread. Get back on topic guys.

Don't really know much about competitive Pokemon but what makes him op now all a sudden? Gen 6 moves or crazy defense with evs?

Jotora

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jotora
Speaking of off-topic:

Oh, me, ME!

I was just about to make a post asking if anybody plans on picking up MH3U next month. I want to justify buying it and a Wii U, but to do that, I'll want people to hunt with on a fairly consistent basis. Otherwise, I was going to wait until the middle of the year to buy it (June/July). Yes, I could hunt with randoms online, but hunting with friends is more satisfying, in my experience. You start to get a feel for each other's play style and can work strategies around them.

I'll officially ask the question anyway...

Does anybody plan on buying Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the Wii U in the the next month or so?
The game launches in two weeks. Let me know if you're getting it because I likely will be. I'm a fairly experienced Monster Hunter, so I can take you under my wing (even though I'm not a Falco main) if you want help learning the game or just want an experienced hunter by your side.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I'd play MH but I'm waiting for MH4 instead. Isn't MH3U pretty much the same experience as the Wii version?

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
^ completely agree. I don't even browse swf as much anymore because of this new layout plus the lost of mobile version.
I stopped browsing Smashboards because the games suck and the community has the mental intelligence of a 4 year old.

Jotora

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jotora
I'd play MH but I'm waiting for MH4 instead. Isn't MH3U pretty much the same experience as the Wii version?
Have you played Tri? If not, MH3U will be totally new to you. If you have, and enjoyed it, that won't lessen the experience in MH3U, in my opinion; it's almost an entirely different game. It's Tri but with at least twice as much content. More weapon classes, armour, monsters (50 large monsters vs. 18 in Tri), quests, etc. Its multi-player experience is also looking to be much better. The ability to communicate via microphone/headset is already a huge addition.

MH3U is a true sequel in all but name.

If you're waiting for MH4, you'll be waiting a while. Assuming it even comes to North America, the Japanese version isn't launching until Summer 2013. North America, therefore, can expect a mid-late-2014 launch if history's any indication. MH3U has been out in Japan since December 2011, for example.

Additionally, MH4 has only been announced for the 3DS so far, which is a sub-optimal platform for the franchise, in my opinion, especially if they snuff online play like they did with the 3DS version of MH3U.

Rikana

Smash Champion
That sounds much more promising. Yes, I've played MH3 on the Wii. Were there any tweaks to certain weapons? Like Lancer's counter? I abused the hell out of that lol.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
That sounds much more promising. Yes, I've played MH3 on the Wii. Were there any tweaks to certain weapons? Like Lancer's counter? I abused the hell out of that lol.
From what I can gather trying to learn how to use Lance by playing the demo you can't Stab - Stab - Stab - Counter repeat anymore.

Jotora

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jotora
From what I can gather trying to learn how to use Lance by playing the demo you can't Stab - Stab - Stab - Counter repeat anymore.
Pretty sure the hammer's attacks all cause KO damage now, even if only a little. Which I believe is how it always was but changed in Tri.

So...I'll expect to be hunting with you two soon then. ;)

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Pretty sure the hammer's attacks all cause KO damage now, even if only a little. Which I believe is how it always was but changed in Tri.

So...I'll expect to be hunting with you two soon then. ;)
ooh, as a part-hammer main that intrigues me.

Yes, we should hunt together at some point. Add me on skype (blackgoldsmash) to make it easier to co-ordinate hunts.

Was kirbykaze vs Armada recorded? It was on the projector so I thought it was but I can't find it anywhere.

I can't even find the apex video thread lol
Apex video thread

Kirbykaze vs Armada was streamed by Bifuteki, and afaik they haven't uploaded any videos yet.

Rikana

Smash Champion
If I happen to get it, I'll probably look into using Bow.

Also, Jotora, my friend said to let him know if you're still interested.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
He's only uploaded hax vs. javi and I see no smash apex on his twitch channel. Apparently he had hardware issues but apparently he's also really stingy so bottom line seems to be those day 2 singles sets are lost forever.

Top Bottom