• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Just A Frog

Smash Cadet
We'll see who really gets *****... once I get better.

I only just bought the system and game on friday.
Welcome to the Just A Frog training school.

Rule#1: Never go to Desh's house because his dog will dry hump cuddle you.
Rule#2: You MUST get with Desh's sister.
Rule#3: At one point or another, be naked in Desh's house. Does not count if you are following rule #2.

Playing smash has nothing to do with being good at the game.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
manalord ur not canadain u cant be in the TT
Afro shut the **** up. lol

The people that decide who gets inducted into the TTs should be the players that represent the crew at tournaments and are really active in the tournament scene within/outside of Canada. Who said that a non-Canadian couldn't be a TT? Chris stop making up rules.

example TT panel would be like: Ryan, Mike, David, Me, Captain would be Imadh (TTs was his idea). Then I'd throw in other people to keep it diverse. Grmo, Afro if he doesn't let the power get to his head, and 1 more person.

hai I'm Raynex nice to meet you.

D

Deleted member

^ your a girl and your gonna ger *****!!!!

just kidding hi

jake: give me info about book city and price of that book lol.
go to woodbine station

take the bus to queen st

get out at woodbine and queen

walk east for like 2 blocks and you'll hit book city..

the book costs like $22, but expect to pay like $13. im at work now till 9, and i work saturday 4-9.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
go to woodbine station

take the bus to queen st

get out at woodbine and queen

walk east for like 2 blocks and you'll hit book city..

the book costs like $22, but expect to pay like $13. im at work now till 9, and i work saturday 4-9.
alright i'll hit you up this saturday.

also thanks for the discount =D

idea

Smash Master

the correct sentence structure is really disarming =P

Welcome to the Just A Frog training school.

Rule#1: Never go to Desh's house because his dog will dry hump cuddle you.
Rule#2: You MUST get with Desh's sister.
Rule#3: At one point or another, be naked in Desh's house. Does not count if you are following rule #2.

Playing smash has nothing to do with being good at the game.
what if you leave cocoa in a room with desh's naked sister?

does anyone know desh's sister's msn? :devil: <-- that is a really appropriate emoticon

peterx

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking that the top 5 could take on an apprentice. I dunno we can make it some sort of competition. And in like a month we come together to see everyones progress, I think it would be pretty interesting.

peterx

Smash Apprentice
Well I don't wanna leave ppl out but.... I would say me, Christian, Kyle, Peter and Chris are pretty much on the same level. Peter and Imadh for instance have something goin on and he seems to be getting really good really quickly. I think everyone can benefit from having a "mentor".

Darcia

Smash Rookie
We all wish we had a mentor.

I guess Trevor is like my mentor now... well pretty much is, but I jsut ask him for help and then he gives me help on his own and what not.

idea

Smash Master
I was thinking that the top 5 could take on an apprentice. I dunno we can make it some sort of competition. And in like a month we come together to see everyones progress, I think it would be pretty interesting.
Well I don't wanna leave ppl out but.... I would say me, Christian, Kyle, Peter and Chris are pretty much on the same level. Peter and Imadh for instance have something goin on and he seems to be getting really good really quickly. I think everyone can benefit from having a "mentor".
- david is my mentor already (he keeps saying so =P)
- christian is out of practice (he said so)
- honestly, at the moment i'd say i'm a little better than chris and we're both a bit more than that amount better than you. it's so hard to tell with smash, though, especially when people are improving so quickly.
- josh and useful peter are around the same level too

^lol, originally i had written some of that much more bluntly

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
yeah im like out of practise i need to practice in a regular basis.

Ryan Ford, train me, once again.

btw Ryan is my mentor.

he used to come over and train (06/07) me and a bunch haha.

peterx

Smash Apprentice
- honestly, at the moment i'd say i'm a little better than chris and we're both a bit more than that amount better than you. it's so hard to tell with smash, though, especially when people are improving so quickly.

Yeah, It all seems to be in place already, thats why I mentioned it. I just say we're all at the same level to avoid "better than you" arguments. This is pretty much tailored towards the newer players.. besides Christian... who plays Link. Well yeah anyway I call Bernard if he agrees.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Afro shut the **** up. lol

The people that decide who gets inducted into the TTs should be the players that represent the crew at tournaments and are really active in the tournament scene within/outside of Canada. Who said that a non-Canadian couldn't be a TT? Chris stop making up rules.

example TT panel would be like: Ryan, Mike, David, Me, Captain would be Imadh (TTs was his idea). Then I'd throw in other people to keep it diverse. Grmo, Afro if he doesn't let the power get to his head, and 1 more person.

hai I'm Raynex nice to meet you.
Lol take me out. after what happened this weekend I'm done

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Yeah, It all seems to be in place already, thats why I mentioned it. I just say we're all at the same level to avoid "better than you" arguments. This is pretty much tailored towards the newer players.. besides Christian... who plays Link. Well yeah anyway I call Bernard if he agrees.
i will **** you up. :laugh:

wow old school 06 style with a ****ing racing wheel.

I.B

Smash Lord
andy, i'll definitely be your mentor, lol.

come to sauga or i'll come to brampton and we'll train =D

Just A Frog

Smash Cadet
There's too much drama these days.... what happened to having fun :S
oh... did i not finish my rules?

Rule#4: Avoid fun at all costs, it's a trap that will cause you to lose.
Rule#5: You have to win, if you don't then you have to get naked in Desh's house.
Rule#6: If you happen to lose to RaynEX than its ok. We all do. Please join the ***** by RaynEX support group... ill go make a thread...

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
trevor and imadh should be training together since they both live in sauga.
peterx and david since they live close. but peterx wants to train with bernard and david is training kyle.
so that leave me and ryan. afro can fit in with david/bernard/ryan since he lives around the finch area.
haha but yeah me and kyle should have the same mentor too i mean like we do live close to each other haha.
me and ryan would be fine i guess.

also our community is falling apart, this is ridiculous.

peterx

Smash Apprentice

Rule#5: You have to win, if you don't then you have to get naked in Desh's house.
Rule#6: If you happen to lose to RaynEX than its ok. We all do. Please join the ***** by RaynEX support group... ill go make a thread...
ROFL seriously though <3 I don't chill with you guys just to prove who's better, I do it for the ****s and giggles. I only would really enter a tournament just to hang with you guys. :laugh:

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles

lol trevor
having fun is better than winning to me haha.
i go out to play smash for fun. :laugh:

idea

Smash Master
trevor and imadh should be training together since they both live in sauga.
peterx and david since they live close. but peterx wants to train with bernard and david is training kyle.
so that leave me and ryan. afro can fit in with david/bernard/ryan since he lives around the finch area.
haha but yeah me and kyle should have the same mentor too i mean like we do live close to each other haha.
me and ryan would be fine i guess.

=(

ROFL seriously though <3 I don't chill with you guys just to prove who's better, I do it for the ****s and giggles. I only would really enter a tournament just to hang with you guys. :laugh:
me too...the fun part, i find, is improving at the game myself. the comparison with other people is part of that...but not the main part.

I.B

Smash Lord
LOL at this whole "play for fun" thing...

pretty much everybody plays for fun, some just find fun in different areas of the game. Some find fun in improvement, like Kyle and I do. Do not excuse this as being "too serious", lol. Just because we don't play the game without a care in the world, doesn't mean we're taking it too seriously. :)

4Serial

Smash Lord
YEAAHH IMADH!! when i recover i'll go to more smashfests and stuff :p and brampton needs more tournies and smashfests.. i definitely can't do smashfests but i'll look into decent brampton venues lol

community is falling apart? D:
DON'T SAY THAT STOS!! you can be my second mentor =D

yeah i play smash for fun and hanging out with everyone and to get better lol

peterx

Smash Apprentice
Thats not exactly what I mean... well actually thats exactly what I mean. I guess we all play for our own reasons.. I'm not really hatin' on anyone.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
haha yeah i define fun as improving, and with joy :laugh:

anyways enough of this.

lets settle mentors LOL.

Just A Frog

Smash Cadet
were getting all touchy feely ^_^, i love you all, raynex cause hes cool, afro chris cause he has an afro, stos cause he plays link and i <3 link, kyle cause he eats cereal without milk and when he chews it sounds like someone stepping on snow (lol deshs house) peter cause he teaches me the sickest falco crap ive ever seen and desh cause i was naked in his house and of course ryan whos pichu is **** lololololol ill edit to add people later

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Really good idea. I'm a terrible mentor though.

I think everyone can benefit from having a "mentor".
Agreed.

Assuming who you're better than is just going to cause more drama. Based on tournament results, I THINK you would be the best out of all of them. I could be wrong though. I'm pretty sure if Peterx stopped forfeiting pools matches, and Afro came to more events - they'd both do about the same if not better.

Not true. Just because Mike says he wants to leave doesn't mean we're falling apart. His actions don't represent how anyone else in this community feels. You guys read too much into things.

LOL at this whole "play for fun" thing...

pretty much everybody plays for fun, some just find fun in different areas of the game. Some find fun in improvement, like Kyle and I do. Do not excuse this as being "too serious", lol. Just because we don't play the game without a care in the world, doesn't mean we're taking it too seriously. :)
100% true. I play for the community. But alot of it is also for self-improvement like you said. People confuse "taking it too seriously" with "getting aggravated about lack of progression". Its a fun hobby and I understand that it is just a game. I think its time to quote AlphaZealot for the first and last time. Its like one of his only posts that hasn't been complete balls.

AlphaZealot said:
The main target of ANY game is for joy and fun. However, the main point of COMPETITION is for people to succeed, to have winners and losers, to see who is better than everyone else. Some people don't like losing, so they get upset. This happens across every medium as well. When you play Smash competitively you agree that you are now playing to determine your skill in relation to others. It doesn't mean it isn't fun, it is VERY fun, but it is also competitive, so when you lose at something you spend hours practicing and preparing for, it can be disheartening and discouraging.
This basically explains why I get emo/sad sometimes. Not because I'm not having fun, but because I want all those hours of having fun to pay off.

Top Bottom