• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

efex

Smash Cadet
LOL They still make your kind?

Umm yeah everyone knows wavedashing is overated... same with l- cancelling... you guys should all stop doing it...
whats l-cancle ??? i seriously have no clue what that is....i think adnan is holding out on me so he wont loose ! (explain pls)

DSMANIAC92

Smash Cadet
whats l-cancle ??? i seriously have no clue what that is....i think adnan is holding out on me so he wont loose ! (explain pls)
YOU'RE JOKING RIGHT!!? well if your not being sarcastic then here ya go. L-Canceling is when you press L a fraction of a second b4 you hit the ground after using an air move with alot of Delay, the result being there is at least half of the delay then if you dont L-Cancel.

but if you are being sarcastic then... i look pretty stupid.

from now on when your being sarcastic put it in parenthases before your sentence.

C

Circle

lawl

YOU'RE JOKING RIGHT!!? well if your not being sarcastic then here ya go. L-Canceling is when you press L a fraction of a second b4 you hit the ground after using an air move with alot of Delay, the result being there is at least half of the delay then if you dont L-Cancel.

but if you are being sarcastic then... i look pretty stupid.

from now on when your being sarcastic put it in parenthases before your sentence.
ROFL! You just got tooled. I think that sounds about right :laugh:

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Thanks for defending me ^_^
But seriously... I didn't say wavedash was useless; I said that I'll claim to be good without it
I'm standing by my claim

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Good:

• adjective (better, best) 1 to be desired or approved of. 2 having the required qualities; of a high standard. 3 morally right; virtuous. 4 well behaved. 5 enjoyable or satisfying. 6 appropriate. 7 (good for) beneficial to. 8 thorough. 9 at least

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
And how do you know you're good? I mean, who told you? Who have you played? Who have you beaten? Good doesn't just mean "better than noobs".

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I suppose this can be marked as spam, because it is just so stupid
This is exactly why I love you sometimes. ROFL.

Man, it's been too long since I've done anything smash. But the TT looks the same, random noobs popping up, Nate putting them in their place, David's denial of homosexuality.

Things sound like they always were...

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
*pokes*

Come to my house. Now.

I'm actually in a good place with my denial. :)
O_O Man, this is not a good thing. This is either a mindgame or you've gotten amazing now XD.

I really wanna come to your house, just no time and stuff. OH OH OH Do you know a chick name Madison? :0

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
O_O do not get me started on smashwithdrawl, I've been grounded for the past month and all I've been able to do was practicing, i need a match and quick T_T

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
LAWL Me and Circle have been getting a lot of practise lately actually, oh and with DevineKnight (lol oldschool srk spelling...) sometimes too, things are looking quite dangerous.

C

Circle

David(dot)JamesTaei(at)gmail(dot)com
msg me sometime during next week I should be able to come practise

D

Deleted member

Email bots patrol these sites.

Put your email always down as David DOT JamesTaei AT gmail DOT com

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
O_O Man, this is not a good thing. This is either a mindgame or you've gotten amazing now XD.
My Sheik and Fox continue to not-impress me but I'm in a comfortable place with my Ice Climbers. Although all could stand to see some improvement.

My inner child laments the death of my Kirby. :(

Maybe I should take up Peach.

I.B

Smash Lord
What I'm about to say may seem like it came out of nowhere, but... I'm going to take a serious break from Smash. This also may seem like a very bad time to take a break, but I seriously think I need it. I literally get pissed off everytime I lose a match, which is pretty pathetic.

Just to let you guys know, I'll be coming to the upcoming NNR and Seasons of Smash tournaments, but I will not be participating. However, since Dzenan wants to play Doubles, I will play in the Doubles tournaments.

I wish my fellow Sauga smashers luck in the crew battle against NNR.

D

Deleted member

What I'm about to say may seem like it came out of nowhere, but... I'm going to take a serious break from Smash. This also may seem like a very bad time to take a break, but I seriously think I need it. I literally get pissed off everytime I lose a match, which is pretty pathetic.

Just to let you guys know, I'll will be coming to the upcoming NNR and Seasons of Smash tournaments, but I will not be participating. However, since Dzenan wants to play Doubles, I will play in the Doubles tournaments.

I wish my fellow Sauga smashers luck in the crew battle against NNR.
Happens to everyone really..a break probably won't do much, you just have to take the game less seriously.

It's funny, everyone who begins to get good at this game goes through this stage kind of, and the ones that are quick to realize that you need to take this game with a light heart get out of the slump and progress with their skill. I suggest you participate in all of the tournament events..it's what you wait for.

Some suggestions:

Play a little less

Play with people who don't john much (or at all)

Play on different stages other than FD FD FD FD FD FD FD FD FD FD

Play less 4 stock matches, play 10 minute timed matches

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Happens to everyone really..a break probably won't do much, you just have to take the game less seriously.

It's funny, everyone who begins to get good at this game goes through this stage kind of, and the ones that are quick to realize that you need to take this game with a light heart get out of the slump and progress with their skill. I suggest you participate in all of the tournament events..it's what you wait for.

Some suggestions:

Play a little less

Play with people who don't john much (or at all)

Play on different stages other than FD FD FD FD FD FD FD FD FD FD

Play less 4 stock matches, play 10 minute timed matches

Colored for "I said this to you too"
Italics for "I agree with him"
Underlined for "Hey! I help with that!"
Bolded for ">_> I don't john all the time.."

Was a weird and awkward night man, I hope to hear from Andy and his side of how he feels :[.

efex

Smash Cadet
if you take a break now , your gonna get nowhere with your anger issues =\
you just gotta calm yourself down , trust me it happens to everyone when you play to much

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I see why he's taking a break, it's to lighten up and sorta change his mindset of playing seriously and losing. Trust me, it's more than what he wrote. It'll make him a better smash player. But more importantly, a better person.

I.B

Smash Lord
I see why he's taking a break, it's to lighten up and sorta change his mindset of playing seriously and losing. Trust me, it's more than what he wrote. It'll make him a better smash player. But more importantly, a better person.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

I appreciate the advice and all, but I'm taking this break whether people agree with it or not. It'll also give me time to contemplate whether I should continue to play this game competitively or not.

D

Deleted member

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I appreciate the advice and all, but I'm taking this break whether people agree with it or not. It'll also give me time to contemplate whether I should continue to play this game competitively or not.
I've never disagreed with it really. You shouldn't ever disagree with this kind of thing, if you need a break you need a break..but trust me, I'm pretty sure every serious player faces something along this line at least once.

And yeah, almost all of us have gotten less competitive with Melee, because of a variety of reasons..I doubt we'll be leaving the city to play again.* But I love the smash gatherings we have here in Toronto, they're pretty chill. Seed's smashfest was actually a lot of fun...that video was hilarious.

*for Melee. Brawl is a different question. I actually really want to see if Brawl is worth playing.. because if it isn't, I'm done with Melee, and I doubt that I will continue playing it.

I.B

Smash Lord
I've never disagreed with it really. You shouldn't ever disagree with this kind of thing, if you need a break you need a break..but trust me, I'm pretty sure every serious player faces something along this line at least once.
I wasn't actually pointing a finger at you, I was just saying it to people in general.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I think there is too many things that would help you out here, but one that I for sure will say will help you out is going to tournaments wither you participate or not. Meeting new people and **** might help and playing new people might spark more interest on the side anyway.

I talked to you, Imadh. And if you want to do anymoar, you know how to reach me :0.

Maybe gathering the Smashers to do something that has nothing to do with smash might help too. lol.

D.B

Smash Ace
Yeah I remember last night how we were talking about getting all the smash people together and not play i we just do something else, but what are we going to do? Im good with anything except movies cause we can't talk there we're just all sitting. Also thanks for going to doubles with me :]

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.
You should definetly take a light break, but you should still enter the tourny methinks, if not absolutely competitively, then for ****s and giggles... and to at least stay sharp assuming you may return to the scene.

As far as smashers going through this stage, Yeah I've seen/heard about it happening to a lot of players... although I can say I've never felt like quitting or slowing down..

Cant stop, wont stop..... ***** I forgot how to stop a long time ago.

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
Gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.
You should definetly take a light break, but you should still enter the tourny methinks, if not absolutely competitively, then for ****s and giggles... and to at least stay sharp assuming you may return to the scene.

As far as smashers going through this stage, Yeah I've seen/heard about it happening to a lot of players... although I can say I've never felt like quitting or slowing down..

Cant stop, wont stop..... ***** I forgot how to stop a long time ago.
*Mindgame*

HAX

HAX

HAXXXXXX

But honestly, this is exactly why you're my favorite of the NNR members. Madd propz to that cause I'm on the same level there.

Top Bottom