• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

D

Deleted member

um...

maybe I should be more specific, I meant those who cried about Jax being underpowered

I figured people would get that if you read the context of my post but WHATEVER

@phantomX, no doubt. it's still the return of Jax for me though just cuz Jax just looks/plays hella sick. just in a different way

D

Deleted member

you are either pretty dumb or delusional, take your pick

edit:
in case your brain doesn't understand, I am not saying you are one of the guys crying, but there was a guy saying RIP jax earlier on, complaining of weakness/ inability to use a good build with him

fkacyan

Smash Hero
actually im pretty sure with the BW change it amounts to a net small increase in her damage, pX.

The regen blows but eh just level shield moar.

EDIT: Put any DotA item into LoL and it's broken.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
actually im pretty sure with the BW change it amounts to a net small increase in her damage, pX.

why would you level BW? Still seems entirely better to level Ki Strike to me. Ki + Shield best builds so that you can just spam your ****.

I hardly think bracers would break LoL. Seriously though BKB would be by far the most problematic item to add into LoL, too many characters would just go godmode with it.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
why would you level BW? Still seems entirely better to level Ki Strike to me. Ki + Shield best builds so that you can just spam your ****.
idk my priority has always been R > Q > E > W after I have one point in all of them and its never prevented me from pooping on people with her

EDIT: BKB is bad, Hell Urn of SHadows early would be problematic, Blade of Shadows

Frolossus

Smash Lord

I hardly think bracers would break LoL. Seriously though BKB would be by far the most problematic item to add into LoL, too many characters would just go godmode with it.
*cough*katarina*cough*

fkacyan

Smash Hero
oh man, I wish every riven thought like you did...
tbqh i dropped riven after the jungle changes because she wasnt nearly as fast as udyr / skarn / shyv / even cho. Still love her, but I rarely solo top when I play, usually get pigeoned into support because nobody likes playing support

@DotA2 talk: There are items to counter bkb... Several other endgame items have on use effects that explicitly say they work thru magic immunity.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
tbqh i dropped riven after the jungle changes because she wasnt nearly as fast as udyr / skarn / shyv / even cho. Still love her, but I rarely solo top when I play, usually get pigeoned into support because nobody likes playing support

@DotA2 talk: There are items to counter bkb... Several other endgame items have on use effects that explicitly say they work thru magic immunity.
oh, I just remember the days where BKB basically made your carry a ****ing god for the duration. I haven't really paid attention to the current dota metagame.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
oh, I just remember the days where BKB basically made your carry a ****ing god for the duration. I haven't really paid attention to the current dota metagame.
Yeah theres an item that builds off of Basher now that is a targeted 3s stun that is impossible to avoid by any means

EDIT: Also not sure if he was around when you played but Naix the Lifestealer has BKB + AS steroid as his Q

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer

Every 21 seconds, assuming you hit with all 3 parts of Broken Wings you break even in damage. But you do less damage now in 14 seconds (about 20).

W CD is 7 seconds, lost 40 per cast, so -120. BW CD is 11, so 2 can be used in same time period. It netted +20 per hit at max level, so +60 per BW x 2. I am assuming that you will usually hit with maybe 2 parts of BW per usage, so you'll likely lose about 40 damage on average.

I still can't see maxing Q over W except in the jungle maybe, but she'll still be quite good.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Yeah theres an item that builds off of Basher now that is a targeted 3s stun that is impossible to avoid by any means

EDIT: Also not sure if he was around when you played but Naix the Lifestealer has BKB + AS steroid as his Q
he might've been remade, not sure. I remember him existing, but I don't remember him having spell immunity.

dota's balance philosophy is pretty amusing to me. not saying it doesn't work in some way, but it seems like they address problems very directly by just being like, 'eh, **** it, let's make spell immunity' or 'eh **** it, let's have something go through spell immunity.'

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Every 21 seconds, assuming you hit with all 3 parts of Broken Wings you break even in damage. But you do less damage now in 14 seconds (about 20).

W CD is 7 seconds, lost 40 per cast, so -120. BW CD is 11, so 2 can be used in same time period. It netted +20 per hit at max level, so +60 per BW x 2. I am assuming that you will usually hit with maybe 2 parts of BW per usage, so you'll likely lose about 40 damage on average.

I still can't see maxing Q over W except in the jungle maybe, but she'll still be quite good.
Maybe Im just better at Riven than everybody ever (I really doubt this) but I always land all three of my Qs. Or did. I havent played Riven in like two months.

EDIT:

Yeah, DotAs balance style is "X is broken? OK lets make Y broken too"

EDIT: THis last patch made Ursa and Skeleton King able to duo Roshan at level 1 pre-creepspawn.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
This last patch didn't enable them to, they've been able to for a long time. It just made it faster.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
This last patch didn't enable them to, they've been able to for a long time. It just made it faster.
Well, Id never seen it before this most recent patch.

Removing the startup animation on Overpower was a hilarious change.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Pretty sure Teemo would be pretty close to the attack speed cap with Wit's End, Triforce, and Madred's

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I figured out why this game bothers me so much.

Games are primarily won and lost based on who has the worst player. It's not about the best player carrying. It's about the worst player giving up free wins.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
quadra'd so fast today that it registered before a triple kill
[COLLAPSE="random bug"]
[/COLLAPSE]
what do u have item slot 4 bound to?

Edit: at dastrn, that happens a lot, it just depends on who the bad player feeds and what role the bad player is. Me and my duo queue partner have carried an 0/10 bot before. You just have to maximize your carry.

What's ur elo like and what roles and champs are you most comfortable with?

:phone:

john!

Smash Hero
quadra'd so fast today that it registered before a triple kill
ok i'll ask you this question since i don't think anyone else here plays kat

why don't people build her as an AD caster?

her AD ratios are twice her AP ratios, and the cost of 2 AP is higher than the cost of 1 AD

shunpo doesn't have an AD ratio, but you get a 1.0 AD nuke every time you autoattack, which seems to be a better trade-off

so you would get more power for your money until you got deathcap, and even then it's a toss-up because AD kat isn't useless after she blows her combo

last time i played kat (a while ago) i build sorc boots (cdr boots could work too) and then standard AD caster items, and did somewhat well

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I figured out why this game bothers me so much.

Games are primarily won and lost based on who has the worst player. It's not about the best player carrying. It's about the worst player giving up free wins.
at low levels of play sure

:phone:

Top Bottom