• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
So now that I spend more time doing other stuff, it's finally gotten to the point where I lose the majority of my games. It sucks because I knew I used to be better, but I just don't get to play enough anymore...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Anyone tried Surge on Fizz?

Vyke

Smash Champion
Surge feels pretty lackluster to me at the moment. I feel like only a select few champs could utilize it well enough to want to take it over Exhaust/Ignite/Etc.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Surge is fine on AoE sustained damage casters. Karthus for example probably gets more out of it than Ignite since he will do tons of ****in damage to everyone.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I'm a pretty big fan of Surge on Karthus, pretty nice on him. Additionally if you manage to live through a fight late game and still have surge duration, or have it come up after a fight you become a building destroying machine between damage from AP on attacks and the AS on it.

MacD

Banned via Administration
i was thinking about surge on brand and my conclusion with 0 testing was

in lane, i'd rather have ignite and most likely get the kill after my stun

in teamfights, i'd rather have surge cause like 70 extra AP of AOE damage so much better

basically, for 1v1 i think ignite is better, but for AOE or like or someone with very short cooldowns ignite would be better

also, if i were say malz, and did surge after the malefic vision was on someone, would it do more damage or is it the AP from when you cast? i guess it's like that with wota and stuff too

answer is yes, i forgot i could just test it real quick in a custom, seems like it might be a no duh but you never know

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Surge is a pretty over powered early game spell, in my opinion....

This one time...
this level 2 tryndamere...
he surged...
and
1v3'd.
And
won

I cried a little.

Because nothing screams "**** MY LIFE" as a tryndamere who can only be exhausted for 3 seconds while getting unrimited fury stacks for twelve seconds.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Doesn't surge just help AS and AP? How the hell does a Tryn win a 1v3 with that if he doesn't all ready have an advantage in the fight?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Doesn't surge just help AS and AP? How the hell does a Tryn win a 1v3 with that if he doesn't all ready have an advantage in the fight?
Spin and heal is 1:1 AP ratio, although the ap you get from surge at level 2 isn't really worth writing home about.
But either way, 40% AS speed equates to a 1050 gold advantage on the spot - it last 12 seconds. It's incredibly strong considering at level 1 you're capable of being 3x as more 'farmed' as any other character for 12 seconds.

He played it smart though, and we played it dumb.
But after the first kill he literally out dps'd two of us.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well, I'm sure a master yi with alpha strike and wuju style would be incredibly ****ing scary too with surge.

They honestly need to massacre tryndamere's heal though. ITS JUST TOO GOOD (in lane)

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Surge on Fizz is actually pretty absurd

I'm not sure why anybody would consider 80AP @ 18 for as long as Surge lasts bad.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Sure on Fizz is actually pretty absurd

I'm not sure why anybody would consider 80AP @ 18 for as long as Surge lasts bad.
That's why Surge is pretty good even though the AS doesn't scale.
I honestly find it a bit funny that at level 2 with ezreal I can have bonus 90% attack speed.

The level 2 rushdown is incredible. All you need to do is get your support to bait the exhaust (and perhaps flash out) and you get a double kill.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
That's why Surge is pretty good even though the AS doesn't scale.
I honestly find it a bit funny that at level 2 with ezreal I can have bonus 90% attack speed.

The level 2 rushdown is incredible. All you need to do is get your support to bait the exhaust (and perhaps flash out) and you get a double kill.
master yi surge ghost stack zeals kill towers

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Like honestly, the sheer potential of this surge may bring back ranged carries being given blue and or red buff as the first task of the jungler. Perhaps even throwing them back into mid as Surge would outdo anything an enemy caster could pull off with their summoner spells (bar teleport/revive, perhaps?); Corki, MF, Ezreal, Twitch?

How would bot lane be able to handle a buff ranged carry with surge?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You'd probably deal with Surge the same way any other spell, bait it out and fake a commit.
Red buff, ghost and surge ranged ad with ad quints and armor pen reds.
The enemy happens to be past the river.
You also happen to have a Sona, Janna, Taric or Alistar.
The first two being great for their damage buffs + pseudo cc + some poke, the last two providing enough cc to likely allow a ranged carry the time needed to deeps someone down.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 1050 gold advantage allows a ranged carry + support to be able to handle the enemy bot lane + a jungle gank (bar getting burst down, of course)

Vyke

Smash Champion
Hype it if you want to. Just don't be surprised if nobody else is willing to be as enthusiastic. Hard to let go of the standard spells, people are unwilling to adjust.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
I swear if Anivia gets nerf...

So I started using her and my last 20 games with her I outlaned a graves who raged how op Anivia is and all those games people said she op... Just won a game were I carried a feeding team and went 19/2/10... Oh god I love how much the other team raged.

Vyke

Smash Champion
nope

who streams and has a similar name as me?
Idk, I just see a stream simply named League of Legends from time to time... figured I'd piece the two together.

Quit looking at this post, DPHAT.

Dphat turn on your stream's chat and pay attention to it. Also apply your stream for CLG's stream-page.

Top Bottom