• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I know it's not exactly practical evidence, but nearly every time I see a Zilean pick during a tournament the team that picks him loses.

Also I'm still wondering if Yorick has any direct counters in a 1v1 lane.

D

Deleted member

i think chogath annihilates him because he heals off his ghouls

trundle should also do pretty good too

anyone with good sustain probably

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Pantheon is so so.

Pantheon needs to win before level 6 (which he's fully capable of doing so, so I guess he's a good choice - but things like ganks or w/e can kill your chances). The harass gets quite annoying after that unless I'm manning on mana (chances are, I'm not).

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
> get queued against elementz
> get a double kill bot early on
> our mid kills elementz twice

then we lost.
And elementz did not carry.
He thinks Xerath 'can be pretty good'

He's also only 1520 elo. So I guess dphat is better than him too <3

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Minions with Infinity Edges. O_O

New concept: 5 man team vs. Minions.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Purposely get underleveled, and let the enemy team wipe out all three inhibitors.
The greatest game of Defend the Alamo ever. :applejack:

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
TKbro - try a change of pace or role for a little while, or some new champs. Maybe smurf a bit, or just take a short break from the game.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
yeah I might just take a break.

every loss lately i feel like is my fault whenever I play with people better than me and then I feel like its everyone elses fault when I play with my friends (who all think I'm some kind of LoL God because they all suck)

and then I'm angry for like an hour. over league. I never was really one to be mad over a loss but then I started getting "good" and so every loss to me feels like I'm not moving anywhere anymore. possibly even regressing.

so yeah that break, good idea. think I'm going to beat star wars unleashed 1 and 2 in my down time or something.

Coney

Smash Master
yeah I might just take a break.

every loss lately i feel like is my fault whenever I play with people better than me and then I feel like its everyone elses fault when I play with my friends (who all think I'm some kind of LoL God because they all suck)

and then I'm angry for like an hour. over league. I never was really one to be mad over a loss but then I started getting "good" and so every loss to me feels like I'm not moving anywhere anymore. possibly even regressing.

so yeah that break, good idea. think I'm going to beat star wars unleashed 1 and 2 in my down time or something.
play other videogames

i feel the same way, i play with the same group constantly and i'm always positive but we still lose about 65% of our matches or so. i do everything i'm supposed to, but i should be doing that and more and i just don't know how because i don't play with better people. i'm actually not playing a single game of league today just because the **** is so stressful and irritating

on another note, maybe you guys could help me: when i play mid and i kill their mid but i take a ton of damage, what do i do? obv i stay safe and stay out of position for jungler ganks, but i don't want to get caught back at mid at 1/4th HP when he comes back fresh.

this isn't a problem early when i can just go back and get a doran's after starting with boots, but later on in the game i'll go back with, like, 300hp and only 900 gold and already sorc boots and two dorans. it's frustrating to go back when i can't DO anything with it, half of me just feels like i should continue farming while he's dead but then he just comes back at full and i'm in trouble

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You generally want to shove your lane to their tower as fast as possible and then go back to heal. That way he loses some farm and xp to the turret while you go back and heal up for the next encounter.

If the jungler is nearby though, obviously just base and deal with it.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
There's always something you can buy. Potions, wards, even elixirs, whatever.

Coney

Smash Master
There's always something you can buy. Potions, wards, even elixirs, whatever.
well yeah but like...

okay so i'm 2-0 brand at mid against 0-2 ezreal. i come back right after killing him and he overextends and i kill him immediately again, making me 3-0. he takes me down to 200 health and i blew all my mana getting the kill. so...now i push the lane back to his tower and go back but...i have level 2 boots, i have two dorans, i still have pots and the wards i bought from just coming back, so wtf do i do?

i hate just saving it because i want solidify my advantage, but i also don't want to waste it on anything and come back with no gain

elixers could work but ehhhhh

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If you're that low and the threat of jungler/someone coming quick is high, back up anyways. You don't have to be buying items to have an advantage over someone: if you don't have enough gold for something "useful" after killing him and maybe pushing your wave, how poor do you think the other guy is? He's getting ****ed up and he's playing catch up. Being killed is a disadvantage, you don't have to have a new item when coming back into lane to demonstrate or exploit that further.

Save the gold, heal up, come back to lane. Ezreal is probably down level and gold wise. That's beneficial to your team and you don't have to come back with anything new. Killing him at that point IS the advantage lol.

Coney

Smash Master
well sure, i guess i'm asking if there's any kind of insight as to what i should do with no health, no mana, no ignite and only 700 gold. i feel like good players could make an opportunity happen out of that somehow, what with you JUST coming back into the lane and dominating

occam's razor i suppose

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
i still have the wards i bought from just coming back
You could just place the wards. I mean, I'm sure you have one or two already, but a defensive ward in your jungle or an extra one in the river can't hurt.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You can buy a mana/health crystal. Brand is great with catalyst in lane, lets you not back nearly as much.
Or just buy another dorans ring.

:phone:

Coney

Smash Master
You can buy a mana/health crystal. Brand is great with catalyst in lane, lets you not back nearly as much.

yeah this is my normal approach with chars like grag/malz/morg, characters that benefit greatly from a catalyst

though i guess every caster could use one

come to think of it who is roa NOT good on?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
yeah this is my normal approach with chars like grag/malz/morg, characters that benefit greatly from a catalyst

though i guess every caster could use one

come to think of it who is roa NOT good on?
With brand i have full mpen runes and scaling mana yellows. I start boots, and either rush a cata or two dorans rings. I still usually get a cata after dorans ring and then start on my death cap. after cap i turn cata into bv and go either ryalis or void staff.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Certain Casters would prefer rushing Death Cap over RoA. Sion if you want to count him as a caster is a prime example. Gragas also doesn't care much about it.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Already said, but yeah. Just "B". I use to have this thing where I would never want to B unless I can purchase something. Especially when I'm at like 1500 or w/e saving up for my Needlessly Big Rod and I'm like ARGH. DO WANT NOW. Sometimes I fold and just get two wands for future Void Ray/Lich w/e.

But getting a kill always (and not dying, in the scenario mentioned above) = profit like DMG said.

My issue is when I get a kill, at low health, and the enemy jungler quickly scoops up the minions in order to push my tower. Do I stay and try to defend turret? Risk dying? Do I leave and give up 50%+ dmg on my turret? The obvious option would be to have your own jungler cover mid for you, but unfortunately at LVL 23 you don't always have the leisure of having a jungler (which is why I just assume I'll always jungle).

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Getting Gentleman Cho'Gath for free tonight thanks to a cool customer support rep who pushed to get me an alternate reward for the Mac cancelation. Not everything I dreamed of, but its something I didn't have before!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If the jungler could easily dive you or kill you with a single spell, back up. There's no need to die if you can't reasonably do anything about the scenario.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Yeah, you're probably right. I hardly ever see Nunu anymore, but the one or two times I've seen him in lane, I remember being kinda frustrated at him eating my ghouls.
your ghouls are on like, 8 second CDs, his consume is on a higher CD and he only has 1 of it. meh, you have to be a real sustain beast (Udyr, WW) to counter Yorrick in lane. dunno about all the other guys people are listing, I find Yorrick totally infuriating to lane against with almost anyone and can't really see like, Cho for instance, doing the damage needed to phase him with his sustain, but meh w/e. stupid *** character.

EDIT: streaming SOLO again, OMG: http://www.own3d.tv/live/82457

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Already said, but yeah. Just "B". I use to have this thing where I would never want to B unless I can purchase something. Especially when I'm at like 1500 or w/e saving up for my Needlessly Big Rod and I'm like ARGH. DO WANT NOW. Sometimes I fold and just get two wands for future Void Ray/Lich w/e.

But getting a kill always (and not dying, in the scenario mentioned above) = profit like DMG said.

My issue is when I get a kill, at low health, and the enemy jungler quickly scoops up the minions in order to push my tower. Do I stay and try to defend turret? Risk dying? Do I leave and give up 50%+ dmg on my turret? The obvious option would be to have your own jungler cover mid for you, but unfortunately at LVL 23 you don't always have the leisure of having a jungler (which is why I just assume I'll always jungle).
DUDE

I'M LEVEL 23

LEVEL 23 BROS

If you have no jungler and they do, then you could tell your 2v1 top guys to push hard because there's no threat of Lee Sin ganking them.

D

Deleted member

god I love dominion. running all over the place and winning with 2-0 is fun.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I haven't had a single close game in Dominion yet. My team either just snowballs hard or it's kinda really close until about the last 150 points and then they win.

Usually it's the first. Playing before lvl 30 really is bull****. Too easy. :X

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
your ghouls are on like, 8 second CDs, his consume is on a higher CD and he only has 1 of it. meh, you have to be a real sustain beast (Udyr, WW) to counter Yorrick in lane. dunno about all the other guys people are listing, I find Yorrick totally infuriating to lane against with almost anyone and can't really see like, Cho for instance, doing the damage needed to phase him with his sustain, but meh w/e. stupid *** character.

EDIT: streaming SOLO again, OMG: http://www.own3d.tv/live/82457
Yeah, I hate laning against yorick with cho :/.

Top Bottom