• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
So I broke Dphat's leg?
Isn't that kinda brutal?

Or are you saying that Riot's trying to fix him? :applejack:
WTF does this even mean Espy? Your insults and comebacks are awful, but what can I expect from someone who's content with being mediocre. I love the fact that you probably played 100's and 1000's of games and you're trying to tell me you wouldn't like to get better? I don't even understand you Espy, you're the biggest hypocrite stating that you don't have to play this game seriously and can play is leisurely (which you can, but after 1000+ games I doubt that's applies). Regardless please be content losing to sub-par players in normal games. :applejack:

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
You guys are playing the wrong game mode :)

:phone:
Yea, but until Riot releases All Darius All Mid, we just have to settle for Solo Queue, huehuehue.

Seriously, I wish LoL came out when I was in college and could've had time to play it competitively, but it's a big enough deal now that you can't play on a competitive team and have a job that works you over 40 hours a week unless you do literally nothing else with your waking hours. Le sigh :(.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Well, it's not like I'm trying. I'd be wasting my energy.
Just having some pointless fun with you.
:applejack:

jpak

Smash Lord
I used to think that but now you see tems like TD former mono barely play with eachother and take top 4 at MLG and IPL4. You have ordinance gaming in the current IPL qualifier in the finals who beat mTw and CLG.black and the only games they played together were literally in the qualifier only (5 gamea). Competitive LoL in NA is still growing so new teams have a chance. It will get to a point where the gap between an experienced and new team is too big soon.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So in solo ranked, should I try to learn a specific role with a lot of characters in that lane then work on another role on the side so I have back-ups if my first choice falls through?

I thought being a jack of all trades with roles would work but I feel like I'm not learning roles well enough.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
So in solo ranked, should I try to learn a specific role with a lot of characters in that lane then work on another role on the side so I have back-ups if my first choice falls through?

I thought being a jack of all trades with roles would work but I feel like I'm not learning roles well enough.
My feeling has always been that you should focus on 1-2 roles, but be ready and willing to play whatever is needed of you.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

you will have trouble always getting the role you want because of pick placement, so it's good to be competent at every role. and i think it helps you learn what to expect from other roles too so even if you're in your favorite role, you know when to expect a gank from mid or whatever etc

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I think I'm gonna go cho, kennen, allistar, or vlad every game.

Maybe a dash of nocturne, lee sin, or nautilus

(nocturne of course being the only character there for one role and one role only)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
My feeling has always been that you should focus on 1-2 roles, but be ready and willing to play whatever is needed of you.
Figured as much, I've just started to not like going top recently.

Go taric every game!

Maybe, barely have used him.

Go Mordekaiser every game. :applejack:
He has a good number of wins for me in ranked.

you will have trouble always getting the role you want because of pick placement, so it's good to be competent at every role. and i think it helps you learn what to expect from other roles too so even if you're in your favorite role, you know when to expect a gank from mid or whatever etc
I think I've learned this slowly, it's just when I get forced into Top and Ad carry I'm ok with it but I don't feel proficient in it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Im realizing top is possibly the hardest overall role in the game in terms of skill floor due to the wide variety of matchups, and so much information to remember about so many different champions in order to do well.

By skill floor I mean purely technical skill and burden of knowledge.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
All this lowly noob will say is that I found the panacea, if you will, for solo queue, in the first page of the OP. Of course it's still frustrating, it just takes discipline.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
And it's harder for your team to help you without risking losing control over the bottom 2/3 of the map.
Yea that, I mean whenever the jungler shows himself he pretty much loses all pressure everywhere except where he is. At the same time, as long as dragon is up, the bottom 2/3rds of the map is so important.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

good game I give it a 10/10 would recommend to everyone

oh it's a good thing it crashed, one of those guys was the opposing alistar from last game that kept saving my teammates

Cia

das kwl
I used to think that but now you see tems like TD former mono barely play with eachother and take top 4 at MLG and IPL4. You have ordinance gaming in the current IPL qualifier in the finals who beat mTw and CLG.black and the only games they played together were literally in the qualifier only (5 gamea). Competitive LoL in NA is still growing so new teams have a chance. It will get to a point where the gap between an experienced and new team is too big soon.

jpak i never got to ask you "Why is bamf not your ad carry anymore? and do you prefer your new ad?""

Niko45

Smash Master
Im realizing top is possibly the hardest overall role in the game in terms of skill floor due to the wide variety of matchups, and so much information to remember about so many different champions in order to do well.

By skill floor I mean purely technical skill and burden of knowledge.
I agree I think top is so hard especially since snowbally champs are usually up there and its so easy to get ganked as a solo person in a side lane. Plus it's often really snowbally champs top so falling behind is so critically bad.

I think Mid is definitely right there as well tho cause you have plenty of MUs there (and they're more bursty exchanges as well - where as lots of top MUs you can kinda just go on each other for a bit and realize you're losing exchange and back out) and you have to know when to push, gank, help jungler etc.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ryu, just be like me and main the random button.

Also, Im pretty hyped cuz Im only a couple champions away from owning the entire cast of characters.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
champ select with some duo queue brazilians NO SUPPORT LET'S DO THIS

edit: it was awful. fiora 'support' was completely useless, volibear top (picked against yorick) was disconnected most of the game

and they kept talking about our mom's eggs

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Okay so I was TF mind in ranked vs Ahri. They had a jungle warwick that kept flash ulting me to ahri taunt and then I flashed away after on my turret and Ahri just ults me and I die. Idk what to do against that. I had mid bush warded (right side), but I guess I shoulda warded farther away.

Thank god my Mordekaiser, Amumu, Ashe, Alistar carried me.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Mid hardest lane because you get ganked on both sides and mages have bad AAs and you can't last hit

dpaht get on your lowest elo account and duo with me back up the golden (and then platinum) staircase!! :mad::mad:

Top Bottom