• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grade the president

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
Politics is something that I talk about every now and then but these past 8 years have been crap. Lets take this back to school for a moment and give our president a letter grade. What would you give Mr.Bush and why?

A-Excellent
B-Great
C-Average
D-Below Average
F-Epic Fail

Bac

Smash Rookie
Id feel bad as an intelligent being to give a ******** monkey a bad grade on poop throwing techniques..... sooooooo

------>A for effort!!!

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351

This thread just gave me a new lease on life!

On-topic...

Simply put, George W. Bush fails. During his presidency, the United States economy has fallen into a recession, he's started an unnecessary and counterproductive war in the middle east, and the United States has a budget deficit of billions of dollars.

"A for Effort?"

No.

"F for Fantastic Failure?"

OH, YES.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Well the very fact that we're feeling the effects of your ******** president over here in Australia I think he must be doing a pretty bad job.

F

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
OH BOY I'M GONNA TRY SOME POLITICAL COMMENTARY TODAY!

You guys are idiots. Just wait til Crimson King, someone who actually knows about politics decently gets here.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Worst president ever? Hardly. I can point to a few presidents (*cough*Lincoln*cough*) who have done MUCH worse for the country than Bush could ever hope to do. But, to honestly rate him a president you have to look at the president's responsibility and go from there.

The president has 3 to 4 real tasks as figurehead. Those tasks are national defense, upholding the constitution, stabilizing the economy, and keeping the nation's morale up. Let's go through each individually.

National Defense - Honestly, he did his part here. We were attacked in probably the most shocking attack in US history with 9/11. Nearly immediately, he went to Afghanistan and took them out of power. That is what I call mission accomplished. Then, he took it a step further and established democracy in both Afghanistan and Iraq, something which both countries wanted to get out of their oppression. I may be vehemently against the war, but he did his part in keeping us safe for the most part. So, overall: B

Upholding the Constitution: Well, this is where he ****ed up the most. Simply put, Bush has destroyed the integrity of the constitution due to the Patriot Act, as penned by John Ashcroft, and the horrors of Guantanamo Bay. The US Government has established itself as a big bully entity that is no different from the governments we claim to opposed. The Patriot Act allows the US government to wire-tap without a warrant, arrest you without cause, detain you at will, and search you. Of course, the running excuse is "if you are doing nothing wrong, why worry?" This excuse is bull**** because how long until what you do becomes a terrorist act as decreed by the state. The state should not have the power to listen in or watch you at all times. Overall: F

Stabilizing the Economy: We are in a recession on the verge of a depression because Bush hired men who do not understand simple politics. Instead of vetoing congressional bills that spent more, he backed them, and the war in Iraq is costing us trillions of dollars annually. Overall: F

Keeping Morale Up: Bush has only managed to keep the nation united in it's hatred of him. He has successfully guaranteed a democrat president, which will like hurt our deficit even more, all because of his ego and desire for power. I'll give him credit that the national unity is considerably higher due to so many opposing him, but it's not enough. Bush, from what I read a few months back, has a 28% approval rate - that is LESS than Truman had once he dropped an atom bomb. Overall: F

Overall: F - Fact is Bush failed to do tasks which all presidents should be invested in doing what's best for the people, not for his own cronies. Bush is a little more than a figurehead, however, because he just serves those who have influence over him.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thank you Crimmy.

The only reason I flew off the handle a little is cause this topic is gonna basically be "Bush is dum lol monkey jokes EFF! hawhawhaw"

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
I'll give him a C as well. He's done better for our country than most people give him credit for. If he's that bad of a president, there would have been a lot more trouble in this country than if he wasn't trying his best to guide it.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
Worst president ever? Hardly. I can point to a few presidents (*cough*Lincoln*cough*) who have done MUCH worse for the country than Bush could ever hope to do. But, to honestly rate him a president you have to look at the president's responsibility and go from there.

The president has 3 to 4 real tasks as figurehead. Those tasks are national defense, upholding the constitution, stabilizing the economy, and keeping the nation's morale up. Let's go through each individually.

National Defense - Honestly, he did his part here. We were attacked in probably the most shocking attack in US history with 9/11. Nearly immediately, he went to Afghanistan and took them out of power. That is what I call mission accomplished. Then, he took it a step further and established democracy in both Afghanistan and Iraq, something which both countries wanted to get out of their oppression. I may be vehemently against the war, but he did his part in keeping us safe for the most part. So, overall: B

Upholding the Constitution: Well, this is where he ****ed up the most. Simply put, Bush has destroyed the integrity of the constitution due to the Patriot Act, as penned by John Ashcroft, and the horrors of Guantanamo Bay. The US Government has established itself as a big bully entity that is no different from the governments we claim to opposed. The Patriot Act allows the US government to wire-tap without a warrant, arrest you without cause, detain you at will, and search you. Of course, the running excuse is "if you are doing nothing wrong, why worry?" This excuse is bull**** because how long until what you do becomes a terrorist act as decreed by the state. The state should not have the power to listen in or watch you at all times. Overall: F

Stabilizing the Economy: We are in a recession on the verge of a depression because Bush hired men who do not understand simple politics. Instead of vetoing congressional bills that spent more, he backed them, and the war in Iraq is costing us trillions of dollars annually. Overall: F

Keeping Morale Up: Bush has only managed to keep the nation united in it's hatred of him. He has successfully guaranteed a democrat president, which will like hurt our deficit even more, all because of his ego and desire for power. I'll give him credit that the national unity is considerably higher due to so many opposing him, but it's not enough. Bush, from what I read a few months back, has a 28% approval rate - that is LESS than Truman had once he dropped an atom bomb. Overall: F

Overall: F - Fact is Bush failed to do tasks which all presidents should be invested in doing what's best for the people, not for his own cronies. Bush is a little more than a figurehead, however, because he just serves those who have influence over him.
In other words...............EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I gave him an F simply because his office abuses its power often, and it seems to blatantly disregard the Constitution whenever it possibly can.

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
I think Bush has failed in most aspects, but I really respect the way he handled 9/11. I don't really support the war at all, but I guess its served its purpose. In terms of keeping our defense up he's done a pretty good job. Other than that though, I really don't like what he's done. The economy is dwindling because of poor choices on his part to back things he shouldn't have. The country pretty much hates him, he has the lowest approval rating I think ever. Don't quote me on that, but from what I think I keep hearing he is the least liked president of all. And thats not good for uniting a country. Something a president needs to do. He also has seemed not afraid to be unconstitutional which really bothers me, because thats one of the sacred parts of the country. Overall, I give me anywhere from a D just because I rank national security of high importance.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I give him an F+
Only because he has done some things right, enough to count on your fingers, but never the less he FAILS WAY to much.

Denzel Crocker is a guy from Fairly Odd Parents that always gives his students Fs. In case your wondering, I do get REALLY bored sometimes

Grandeza

Smash Master
I'm going to have to disagree with you here. I feel we should not have gone into Iraq. It diverted necessary resources we needed for Afghanistan and in my opinion, it's the reason Osama bin Laden is still at large. I do give him credit for national defense as there's been no attack on U.S. soil since 9/11.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Every president sucks, and I hate them all because its cool to hate the president. We even reelected him so we could make fun of him for another 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom