• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grabbing Ban?

Sneakyxhandz

Smash Rookie
Hey does anyone know the answer to this question? My friend thinks IC's continuous back throw is considered stalling and therefore an illegal move in a tournament he's going to help host. I'm pretty sure it's not but he's banning it if there's no proof. So is it illegal?

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Accourding to the SBR, it is only stalling if it goes past 300%.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
The timing for the B-throw CG becomes really tight really fast, especially against the lighter characters that one would preferably use this CG and its variations on. At higher damage (i.e. past 100%) it just becomes extremely frame-specific, to the point where continuing the chain with the intention of stalling becomes nearly impossible to perform consistently, if not at all, in a professional setting.

Seriously, just tell the host the SBR's definition of a stalling-chaingrab. It's unlikely anyone would even get close to the limit with this type of CG.

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
Its not actually impossible to pass 250%, just very hard. I was trying to make a video of me doing a 0-999% chaingrab and got up to around 400% before I messed up.
*But to your original post, the ICs infinite chaingrab is a completely legal tactic. Only using it to stall is banned. It is only considered stalling if you cause your opponent to go beyond 300% damage by using it. But any IC player can tell you, that going beyond 140% on anyone is overkill, and in most cases going past 100% is overkill.

Coney

Smash Master
The title of this thread is hilarious.

We've banned IDC.
We've banned planking and stalling.
We're almost considering thinking about maybe perhaps banning MK.

And now we just ban grabs.

Wait until the SF community hears about this.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
The timing for the B-throw CG becomes really tight really fast, especially against the lighter characters that one would preferably use this CG and its variations on. At higher damage (i.e. past 100%) it just becomes extremely frame-specific, to the point where continuing the chain with the intention of stalling becomes nearly impossible to perform consistently, if not at all, in a professional setting.

Seriously, just tell the host the SBR's definition of a stalling-chaingrab. It's unlikely anyone would even get close to the limit with this type of CG.
so true i usually dont use it past 110 or so unless its someone really heavy like bowser or snake

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
It deserves a ban anyway. Infinites are completely unfair. "Don't get grabbed" <-- this is horrible advice. Unless you're playing Wario, Jiggz, DK or MK the ICs are probably going to grab you. They allowed a player to beat m2k himself by *******izing the game and turning it into a grab/don't get grabbed game. ICs mains chose their character solely on their ability to 0-death people. Also, I practiced the CG for 2 hours to use ICs vs D3 and I could do it with my eyes closed. Bull****, Mr. Hand Man.

.AC.

Smash Lord
It deserves a ban anyway. Infinites are completely unfair. "Don't get grabbed" <-- this is horrible advice. Unless you're playing Wario, Jiggz, DK or MK the ICs are probably going to grab you. They allowed a player to beat m2k himself by *******izing the game and turning it into a grab/don't get grabbed game. ICs mains chose their character solely on their ability to 0-death people. Also, I practiced the CG for 2 hours to use ICs vs D3 and I could do it with my eyes closed. Bull****, Mr. Hand Man.
or you could stop whining,find a way around it instead,practice not getting grabbed,practice using a character who has an easy time not getting grabbed,besides the characters you listed there is also snake,mgaw,kirby,rob,marth and others.you can also stop saying asuming things,such as the reason why people chose their mains and the fact that just because you think you can chaingrab a char with 2 hours of practice,you can cg the other 38 chars who have different timings.ics have one,if not,the smallest grab range in the game.

btw the dont gey grabbed advice is amazing.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
But don't forget to add Lain did beat M2k.
Then M2k Found a way around it and 3-0'ed him ic's arent that bad use your head

Reinhart_x

Smash Apprentice
IC dittos...Anther does it to Lain and he can beat him. Can't get cg'd unless you're SoPo. *in best Arnold voice* STOP WHINING!

Prawn

Smash Master
lolumad?

by the way, chaingrabbing smaller characters(and even heavyweights) takes a lot more practice and some people still mess it up(Lain did against M2K if I remember correctly). In short, get over it.

Top Bottom