• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good Teammate for DK?

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
If you don't hit each other, Ike and DK work well together for some bizarre reason. They can just berserker kill everyone... but you seriously can't hit each other.

Diddy is a really good team-mate. My team mate and I play DK and Falcon, but I think it only works because he plays a super annoying Falcon, and having me for a team mate doesn't give the opponents enough time to pick him apart like they do in 1v1.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Falcon could actually work well with DK, but I think characters like ZSS and MK are strictly better.

Falcon's fast enough and decent enough at racking for the DK to get early kills. And down-b>Falcon Punch would be amazing.

Laem

Smash Champion
Besides obvious choices like MK, i think the best for DK is diddy(maybe even THE best)

banana to Donkey Kong
cant go wrong

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
When DK uses his up-b brake? MK can tap DK with the tornado to get him out of his falling animation and let him recover safely.

Basically, DK lives longer than he is supposed to with an MK on his side =P

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
When DK uses his up-b brake? MK can tap DK with the tornado to get him out of his falling animation and let him recover safely.

Basically, DK lives longer than he is supposed to with an MK on his side =P
doesnt everybody?

and yea, diddy is really good with DK

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
DK and Diddy dont work that well together.

On paper it looks nice, no doubt. But watching ADHD and Cable fail multiple times when they are both Gods in doubles and by watching the actual matches makes it a very tough team to work with.

2v1's are **** with that team. 2v2 isnt.

MK is soooo good with DK. i was skeptical last week with Cable and wanted him to go wario but we tried it out and destroyed the tourney. even though we beat teams like adhd+atomsk and inui+zucco, it felt like there was no competition lol

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
One who can rack up damage fast for DK's KO powers to take effect help, or one who can gimp well helps too. This is there I can say Pit is one of the better teammates to have as he's quite good with defensive/support, gimping, and damage-racking roles, just as long as Pit partnered with someone who has good KO power, and what do you know, DK has a ton of that power. MK's just overrated sometimes.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
This guy doesnt know what hes talking about.

He's some kid that jerks off to pictures of Pit every day and gets into arguments defending pit every day on AiB.

fgt

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sigh, another troll... Forget it. The point was that I was trying to help out here the best I can, and it's better than nothing at all, right? It's not like I can be accurate, but at I tried, I think.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
dk and kirby is my most used team because kirby can jump and punch and every b move kriby has raises him after you jump so dk can control his area with a very smart kirby the u own most of the teams out their.

PurpleTop

Smash Cadet
I like Dedede, or marth. I love both of those teammates. Zero suit is good too because she can stun the opponent and you can use DK to punch his wind up or charge a smash.

-Ran

Smash Master
Toon Link. His projectiles prevent DK from ever getting into a situation where he's going to be destroyed by a grab or off-stage. Both of them are great at tanking damage [Toon Link avoids damage situations with his aerial movement], and Toon Link is capable of dishing out damage. If Toon Link drops a bomb on the ground [ie not explode], it gives Donkey Kong access to his fast glide toss.

Snake + Donkey Kong provide excellent stage control and kill potential, but they cannot offer help to each other off stage.

Marth + Donkey Kong is alright. They both are able to isolate opponents through their grab and ground games. Dk solves the problem of Marth not getting timely kills in teams as well.

crifer

Smash Lord
If Toon Link drops a bomb on the ground [ie not explode], it gives Donkey Kong access to his fast slow, long glide toss.

Snake + Donkey Kong provide excellent stage control and kill potential, but they cannot offer help to each other off stage.
I never thought that Snake and DK could do well in Teams, but I made good experiences with them both.

Flashing

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to bump the old thread. But is bowser a good teammate for DK? I have a friend who plays as him and I was just wondering if it was viable. I would think not since its just two powerhouses so support options are scarce. If not is pikachu a good partner for him because my friend plays as him too. Were just trying to get a good established team together.

Off topic: Hi DK boards, nice to meet ya.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Sorry to bump the old thread. But is bowser a good teammate for DK? I have a friend who plays as him and I was just wondering if it was viable. I would think not since its just two powerhouses so support options are scarce. If not is pikachu a good partner for him because my friend plays as him too. Were just trying to get a good established team together.

Off topic: Hi DK boards, nice to meet ya.
Tbh I don't think Bowser is too good in teams. While his upB is still alright, his sideB is a lot worse, because he'll be an easy target for everyone and the 2nd opponent will try to interrupt his sideB and stop the slam, so his victim won't even get the 18 %...

And of course he's a big target and rather unmobile...

Don't know about Pikachu, but he's probably alright.

Flashing

Smash Apprentice
Tbh I don't think Bowser is too good in teams. While his upB is still alright, his sideB is a lot worse, because he'll be an easy target for everyone and the 2nd opponent will try to interrupt his sideB and stop the slam, so his victim won't even get the 18 %...

And of course he's a bit target and rather unmobile...

Don't know about Pikachu, but he's probably alright.
Yeah thats what I thought. Though I guess pika since me and my friend just found a crazy follow up with DK's grab release and pika's chaingrab.

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
A fast damage racker basically. So characters like MK,Snake, and Toon Link can be a great partner for DK all around. Diddy is good too if he can maintain his nanners well enough.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I reckon ZSS would team well with DK. She's a good damage racker who can give some defensive support. She'd go well with a good punisher like DK.

Think of all the things DK could do when ZSS paralyzes enemies with her Dsmash. :psycho:

orcrist

Smash Rookie
i would say dk is best for solo(mine is) but i dont really know who is but marth might be good or somone fast

Top Bottom