• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good stages for Falco?

Vexen

Smash Rookie
Sometimes half the battle is choosing the correct stage for your character. Anybody got any good ideas for Falco? I was thinking smashville is pretty good.

Blad01

Smash Lord
The best is FD. :)

The platforms are not so good for Falco : He doesn't have so much moves to reach the characters uppon him.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Final destination, can chain to hell with it, platform stages are not to great for Falco as he does not have many moves that can gain an advantage from them.

Vexen

Smash Rookie
Yeah I like FD for Falco, but the problem I've run into is that the VAST majority of people I've played ban FD, so I need a solid back-up. Any ideas?

hurricane22491

Smash Cadet
I like playing at Battlefield with Falco. I'm not sure what you guys mean about him having problems with the platforms; his up-tilt and up-smash can both hit anybody on a platform above you. He can also drop through the platform and n-air leading into something else if they are below. Short hop is high enough that you can shoot someone standing on the platform.

Smashville is good too and Yoshi's Island is alright IMO.

Vexen

Smash Rookie
I like playing at Battlefield with Falco. I'm not sure what you guys mean about him having problems with the platforms; his up-tilt and up-smash can both hit anybody on a platform above you. He can also drop through the platform and n-air leading into something else if they are below. Short hop is high enough that you can shoot someone standing on the platform.

Smashville is good too and Yoshi's Island is alright IMO.
Thanks for the suggestion! Much appreciated and I will try Battlefield to see if it works with my playing style.

MyRevenge.

Smash Journeyman
FD is amazing with Falco...
Battlefield and Smashville are also very well for backups...
Basically any flat level that you can grab like crazy... and has an edge so that you can spike them
ehehe :D

MyRevenge.

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... why Final Destination 3rd?
Yeniths made a good point that it's the largest flat surface that makes it easy to chaingrab with...
And I wouldn't think that the recovery is as bad for him since he can wall jump/slide on the side of the stage or just use a curved firebird...
But aside from that, those are Falco's top 3 stages

Blad01

Smash Lord
I would say :

1) Final Destination
2) Yoshi Island (the wall helps a lot for the FireBird, the walll jump... etc)
3) Smashville
4) BattleField

:)

[EDIT : Starfox stage is the worst tourney-legal stage for Falco...]

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
Well Sethlon did pretty well on Battlefield he used his SHDL and his Nair to hit them while they were on the platform above , Ive been doing this and it works well.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Battlefield is a good stage. The platforms mess up the opponent more than they mess you up. Same with Yoshi's Island. Smashville would be the best. You can chaingrab on the platform without even moving into a forward smash right next to the edge of the stage. Pretty much an instant kill. If you're looking at counter picks too, Jungle Japes and Yoshis stage (Pipes) are very good for falco if they're allowed. I got Jungle Japes banned in FL for destroying on it.

Kiro13

Smash Cadet
Just wondering would Bridge of Eldin be a good stage for Falco because I was thinking it is flat so you can grab like crazy still, and when the bridge breaks you are able to keep the enemy somewhat at bay with his lasers and reflectors to get damage until the bridge is rebuilt to finish up with some smash hits. I don't know I am just hypothesizing.

Squidster

Smash Ace
Just wondering would Bridge of Eldin be a good stage for Falco because I was thinking it is flat so you can grab like crazy still, and when the bridge breaks you are able to keep the enemy somewhat at bay with his lasers and reflectors to get damage until the bridge is rebuilt to finish up with some smash hits. I don't know I am just hypothesizing.
Yes

It will be banned :o

Chain grab -> off the side

Kiro13

Smash Cadet
Yes

It will be banned :o

Chain grab -> off the side
Is it banned now or do you mean it will soon be banned because I was getting ready for a Brawl tournament and right now they have Bridge of Eldin on a list of choosable stages. So I thought it was still an okay stage.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Platform stages are fine for Falco. He's fairly maneuverable, and has several attacks that can take advantage of platform spacing. Heck, he can even continue assaulting people extremely well should they chose to move to a platform. Nairs, Bairs, Uairs, Lasers, Usmash, and Utilt can also get through platforms. And even do, drop through dairs are solid, as are drop through shines (because no one ever expects them).

Stages I prefer are Battlefield, Smashville, Jungle Japes (counterpick), Castle Siege (counterpick), and Pokemon Stadium 1 (You have to get used to the edges). I generally ban Lylat unless I know I may end up playing as ROB during the set. Corneria is also a decent stage, as is Green Greens.

EDIT:

@Kiro: Just laser lock them across the stage to death.

Ichikazu

Smash Rookie
Platforms stages are great for Falco, Battlefield for example works best because you can pull off his aerials moves much better mainly due to reach and that the platforms can be easy for mindgames.

Platform stages are fine for Falco. He's fairly maneuverable, and has several attacks that can take advantage of platform spacing. Heck, he can even continue assaulting people extremely well should they chose to move to a platform. Nairs, Bairs, Uairs, Lasers, Usmash, and Utilt can also get through platforms. And even do, drop through dairs are solid, as are drop through shines (because no one ever expects them).

Stages I prefer are Battlefield, Smashville, Jungle Japes (counterpick), Castle Siege (counterpick), and Pokemon Stadium 1 (You have to get used to the edges). I generally ban Lylat unless I know I may end up playing as ROB during the set. Corneria is also a decent stage, as is Green Greens.
^ this pretty much is a summary of what I was going to say.

BEES

Smash Lord
I think Falco has a strong advantage on Mario Bros. It seems very difficult to kill him with the elements in the stage. It's never going to be in any tournaments, but it's a stage in the game nonetheless.

Anyone with a reflector has an advantage there, but I'd note that since Falco throws his, you can use it to disable crabs and turtles without endangering yourself by going near them.

The walkoff edges are also abusable by chainthrowing. You can't really jump to avoid his blaster. On paper it looks like the most blatantly Falco-biased stage in Brawl.

Lord Khanti

Smash Journeyman
FD, BF, Smashville, Yoshi Island, Lylat, work good in terms of random select. Lylat is sometimes a little risky tho bc since the ship tilts, it might mess up your recover, but it also helps when ur SHDLing as it sometimes lines the opponent up with them and they wont go over there head.

Stage I've noticed I dont like is Deflino Plaza, when the stage is flying foward b sometimes misses the edge and you go through the stage, IMO, Delfino should be ur random Ban. In terms of counter pick ban im not to sure, havent had much experience with counter pick stages since most people i played at tourny just counter picked to random select stages again.

Surgo

Smash Apprentice
Lylat also ****s up your SHDL when it tilts in the opposite direction. You can always hit them with at least one laser in the SHDL with zero tilt; you'll only hit them with a maximum of one regardless of the tilt, but you also have a minimum of zero. Lylat Cruise isn't so good.

Corneria is...meh. That's a stage that very much depends on what character you are fighting.

I actually like Castle Siege a lot as Falco, but I can't figure out why.

I'd argue that sword whores like Ike and Marth get more use out of Battlefield than you do (but mostly Ike).

Blad01

Smash Lord
Lylat also ****s up your SHDL when it tilts in the opposite direction. You can always hit them with at least one laser in the SHDL with zero tilt; you'll only hit them with a maximum of one regardless of the tilt, but you also have a minimum of zero. Lylat Cruise isn't so good.
I agree.

I actually like Castle Siege a lot as Falco, but I can't figure out why.
Not here XP

Do you like not to use the lasers ? (in the 2d floor...)

Greaseman

Smash Rookie
Final destination is absolutely the best stage for falco, no question. There is nowhere to run when he starts lasering all you can do is approach him as quickly as possible or use some sort of deflection.

As far as platform stages go, falco isn't at a severe disadvantage, but I deffinately would say that hes broken at these stages, platforms make avoiding laser spam infinitely easier.

Top Bottom