• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

good secondaries for falco main

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
i looking for a good character to play to accompany my falco main. looking for three main characteristics

1) good matchups against people that are good against falco (counterpicking)
2) decent projectiles
3) coolness factor( i want someone who is bad@$$, not olimar lol)

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Snakeee!

My 2nd main haha. Though I think the matchup is pretty even.

Falco might have the upperhand though.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
The top 3 are always good (Snake, G&W, MK)

ROB fits the bill perfectly for you it would appear
1) ROB is atleast decent with everyone Falco has trouble with (cept that ****ed G&W)
2)Gyro & Lazer = Win
3) He's a freaking robot

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Conversation between a friend and I:

Me: I don't like counterpicking or people who counter pick different characters against others. I feel they just want the easy way out.
Them: What?!? Are you serious? Falco alone is a counter pick character. He has laser spam and chaingrabs.

Either way people were saying that DK was good for a Falco second, but I don't know or care to know.

mazhaoshen

Smash Cadet
I'd say a good secondary would be Marth. Falco has a bad match-up against G&W, MK and Zelda. Marth is pretty much equal to the first two and a bit better than zelda.

mazhaoshen

Smash Cadet
The only thing is that both of them are very different in playing style so it'll take a while to get used to him.

DR809

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3754-7546-8239
Diddy nd Kirby are both kick *** they both cover alot of weaknesses

crimsonhaze

Smash Cadet
i use falco, and im trying out Samus and Falcon for my second main. though right now its Ike...

wasabicheese

Smash Journeyman
marth is falco's ultimate secondary. covers all his weaknesses, and is easy to learn, but deadly. i personally use MK, but marth is far better as a falco alt.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Points to my sig.

But for me, it is simply when I want a break from Falco/casual players beg me not to use Falco.

Dyxnar14

Smash Apprentice
I personally use Snake. He can get MK and Zelda out. I forgot about G&W though but i think Snake has advantage

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
It all depends on how much work you want to put in learning a new playstyle.

easy way: Fox/Wolf.
I've been doing this since the start, they have similar dynamics to Falco's playstyle, the most difference is in the application of their moves. Then again, they also have similar weaknesses.

not so easy way: Marth
Marth, at least for me, is relatively easy to pick up, although using Marth with competence will take some practice. The playstyle is drastically different, and offers some relief against characters that would give Falco a headache.

the hard way: Snake
Nothing about a well-played Snake is simple; multiple projectiles at your disposal, land mines, mortars and C4, even a box. If you are willing to put in the time and effort needed to learn this bizarre playstyle, you will have a really dangerous alternative to offer your opponent. Snake is heavy, powerful and chock-full of goodies to explode on your opponent, characters that do well against Falco are often little trouble to an equal Snake. if you are looking for different, Snake has it in excess, Just know that Snake's playstyle is really tricky to learn for someone who doesn't use him a lot.

SilentFalcon

Smash Apprentice
Ok, well you're all gonna laugh at me...

But GANONDORF!!!
I think he has potential, because his Side-B is very spammable. Also, any attacks you use pretty much own people in the face.

I also really like the reverse Ganon Punch...

The only problem is... Trading between Ganon and Falco is wierd. Going from Falco to Ganon is cool, but Ganon to Falco without warm-up is really wierd.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
well i use lucario as a secondary because he's cool but i rarely use him. the only time i use him is when i get tired of beating people with falco, especially when i am facing the same person over and over.

p.s. my lucario is a beast but not better than my falco. =]

wangston

Smash Lord
G&W is my alt. He is just plain ****. Turtle, d-smash, d-throw tech chase with f-smash, up-b is a god send it gets you out of anything. GW completes me and he counters are of falcos bad match ups, if i'm not mistaken.

KirbycidexX

Smash Rookie
Im surprised no ones mentioned Toon Link. I think he's a great Alt. for Falco. He has great math-ups against many characters, he's awesome, and for me theres not much difference in play style

BEES

Smash Lord
Game&Watch is really cheap. I feel dirty every time I use him. So many autocanceling moves. So much priority. How is this guy not considered god tier?

And that's coming from someone who mains a character with a chaingrab and a laser lock.

Rejjae

Smash Apprentice
DK is my main alongside Falco. He does pretty well against MK and G&W, just don't pull him out against anyone who uses DDD.

wangston

Smash Lord
Game&Watch is really cheap. I feel dirty every time I use him. So many autocanceling moves. So much priority. How is this guy not considered god tier?

And that's coming from someone who mains a character with a chaingrab and a laser lock.
I know, he is 2D god walking among mortals. He is so sick. Thats why if my falco can't beat'em my GW can. Up b out of all his aerials when you land, it's very hard to get punished when you do that. GW is sick.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
i went with dk guys, hes pretty good and when ever i win its always sick. spot dodge to down smash or any of his meteors, dk doesnt have a lame move in my opinion. i mean hes a fricken ape!

Top Bottom