• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good S*** German 3, Don't Go Down There Jeff! 2 ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
What would you say if i told you there would be a GSG3 in Norcal May 28th and 29th? would you attend?

**rules, stages and prices would be the same as don't go down there jeff.

vote for the date
1 weekend of may 28th (probably not gonna chose this date)

2 weekend of june 4th

3 weekend of june 11th

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
There's already a huge Melee tourney on EC that weekend (Zenith), but if you aren't looking to make this a pseudo-national level tourney, then go for it. Should be mad hype.

MacD

Banned via Administration
i know this is the same weekend as zenth, but we could have a WC regional that weekend, i'd def go

5-6 is the weekend before UC finals so i 90% couldn't make it if it was later

WassupJB

Smash Lord
large text size 1 for the weekend of may 28th
large text size 2 for the weekend of june 5th.

reasons for said weekend is appreciated.

L__

Smash Master

fanime weekend is on the 28th/29th and I don't wanna miss my friends =[

WassupJB

Smash Lord
There's already a huge Melee tourney on EC that weekend (Zenith), but if you aren't looking to make this a pseudo-national level tourney, then go for it. Should be mad hype.
this sucks, i was hoping a few ec, south and mw heads would attempt to come through. not a lot to make it a national, but like all the others to make it a sizable regional.

LLDL

Smash Hero

-Because it is the same weekend as Zenith. Some WC are already coming, and they would miss your tournament if it is that date. Also, people who want to go to both can't. Zenith is getting mad stacked, look at the attendance list in the OP.

-Because you won't get any less attendance if you make it June 5th.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
thank you guys for the support, i appreciate that a lot.

i would like more responses about the date, but for the moment it looks like it's leaning to the weekend of june 5th. please tell more people to respond! the more responses i have the more concrete the date becomes, also those interested can plan to come.

also, reneblade suggested that i host this tournament the WEEKEND BEFORE genesis (so he could have a longer stay in cali LOL), so there will be a sizable regional before an international LOL. and those in norcal can just tour the sf bay area, before the main event of genesis. i'm not too sure about that...what do yall think?? at best it will be genesis warm up.

edit: that's a lot of smash though AND i DO NOT want to hurt genesis with people being smashed out...genesis is the utmost gangsta and i will not potentially hurt it by hosting a mediocre tourney.

MacD

Banned via Administration
like i said, most UC's have finals starting that monday the 6th. hell, i know UCI will have a final sat the 4th for at least all the calc 2a and 2b students cause of stupid standardization things lol

so that weekend you will 95% lose out on me, zhu, and fly. i can't speak for johnny but it's very possible. joe and shroomed go to santa cruz so it wouldn't be AS bad, but ifthey have lots of finals monday/tues then yea (well shroomed's poor and would come to try and win money i bet). idk who else is going at a UC and can't speak for them all, but just so you know that weekend sucks for us

hell, i'd prefer the 11th-12th cause that way school is over and it's 2 weeks after zenith, i'm sure you get could others on board with that so how about

3 for the 11th-12th :D

idk what to say about a regional the week before genesis, sounds amazing and terrible at the same time

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
3 for the 11th-12th :D
3 because apparently there's **** wrong with the two weekends before that.

Umm, I personally would be absolutely down with a regional followed by Genesis and staying in Norcal for a week. I don't really want to tour the Bay or anything. I just wanna play Melee :)

Except I'm pretty sure it would hurt Genesis in some way cuz other people aren't that tenacious..... so weekend before Genesis is probably a bad idea, but I for one would have a blast with it.

Pretty sure no matter what, AZ would get a carpool or two up for this

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I think the 3rd option is sounding very reasonable, but only if you can get that date.

Walt

Smash Ace
I personally don't care when it is as usual I didn't get into any real classes, all my schooling this semester is E-Z MODE. But obviously I will be there, how could I not be. Wish it was at fudds and not east bay because I love giant tournaments being so close to my house I could walk there lol.

SFAT

Smash Ace

fanime weekend is on the 28th/29th and I don't wanna miss my friends =[
you mean 2! *******.

I'd be down for 3 if not then 2.

Because Fanime is 27th-30th

mmm. Regional before Genesis?? I dont know... I feel as if I'd get smashed out soon. Not enough time for recovery.

L__

Smash Master
you mean 2! *******.

I'd be down for 3 if not then 2.

Because Fanime is 27th-30th

mmm. Regional before Genesis?? I dont know... I feel as if I'd get smashed out soon. Not enough time for recovery.
what he said

Shroomed

Smash Master
i'd come regardless cuz mccain's right im broke

although i choose 3

and mccain im going to smack you in the face call me shroomed again mother****er

if you somewhat know me i infinitely prefer my name

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'm not a member of West Coast, but as a Melee fan I definitely want this tournament to steer away from May 28-29. Zenith is on the same weekend and has already garnered interest from some western players like Eggz and Axe, so why create a conflict of interest. The month of June looks pretty open for a regional or even pseudo-national. Just my two cents, JB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom