• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Golden Sun: The Lost Age (of) Mafia -Game Over! Indy Alex wins!

Kantrip

Kantplay
TCat coached me in how to play scum, back in the day. Try again.

hi bard
Forgot about prior experience. Only remembered my experiences playing with tcat recently and assumed things, my bad.

Doubt Ryker would kill S&C because he was already setting up a lynch on them should they stick around too long, justifying it with the paranoia of them being around so long. Ryker made some post at one point saying "lynch S&C if they're alive Day 4".

traveling cat

Smash Cadet
I'm Hama. I have the ability Reveal: Each Night phase I see every player that targets me, but not the actions they used. So I'm a self-watcher. Night 1 Inferno targeted me. I thought he was an investigative because I didn't know what else anyone would target me with, so I asked him for his read on me. When he gave me a solid Town read, I assumed I was right (for the time being). Nobody targeted me at all any other Night.
Why did you label BSL town when he claimed having Reveal with a different power?

Ok.

Ivan. Two abilities, mind read and reveal. I can use each once. Mind read shows alignment, reveal shows a passive ability.
Ruy town, Furio town, BSL town

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
But...you were.

He claimed your proposed role name so I'm stuck wondering why you did not counter name claim him

Kantrip

Kantplay
Because I'm an idiot. I guess I paid no attention to the name of my own ability when reading that. I looked at my role PM once when I got it, said "okay cool, self-watcher" to myself, and didn't look at it again until I had to claim.

Kantrip

Kantplay
That was at tcat, Rake ninja'd me. But let me read back to when RR claimed and see if it applies twice (I actually think I wasn't in thread when RR claimed).

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Holy crap, either you really kantplay or you are scum.

I'm willing to ignore not CC'ing on the ability name , but your own role ? Me no gusta

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh he claimed my character.

Yeah, I was there but didn't realize it was my character. I hadn't looked at my role PM since I got it, which is why I didn't cc BSL nor RR. Lesson learned. :S

Kantrip

Kantplay
When did someone claim my role?

Character and ability name, yes, which I forgot about, but who claimed self-watcher?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'll be the first to admit I am dumb for not noticing my character and ability name got claimed, but I also want to say that that does not make me scum.

You could argue that what tcat pointed out could make me scum with BSL, but then why did I fail to see RR claim my character?

Or you could go a different route and say I'm scum but just majorly screwed up with my fake-claim, but a fake-claim is something people look into more.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Ugh knatrip I dunno if i believe that you'd not recall you had that role or check to see if it was your role.

I mean, i can see not remembering ability names, but not remembering your own role name or even checking if Ryu was claiming your role name, I have a hard time getting there.

Y U DO THIS TO ME

Kantrip

Kantplay
He said Master Hama, the name in role PM's isn't even clearly stated it's like the beginning of the paragraph of text it's not even a different colour I mean come on.

My role says just "Hama", no Master. I really didn't look that much into it. I just had time to say "I like the Inferno pressure" and leave because I was at school I believe. And no I don't check my own role PM every time someone claims something.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Also there's nothing to say you didn't forget just now that those things happened and messed up your fake claim, but I think as scum if you were preparing one you would have had your ducks more in a row. Like The Ryu thing happened just yesterDay and i don't know your so terrible at scum you just forget that. And as partner's with BSL you deffo would not forget he claimed your proposed ability, as claiming the same ability now would land you in hot water.

Hmm.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Also there's nothing to say you didn't forget just now that those things happened and messed up your fake claim, but I think as scum if you were preparing one you would have had your ducks more in a row. Like The Ryu thing happened just yesterDay and i don't know your so terrible at scum you just forget that. And as partner's with BSL you deffo would not forget he claimed your proposed ability, as claiming the same ability now would land you in hot water.

Hmm.
Yeah what I'm saying is as scum with BSL I would KNOW what he claimed and make sure not to use one of the ability names. You could still say I'm indy but then I still would have prepared a fake-claim and double checked to make sure it hasn't been claimed. I do think the only side this derpage has is a town one.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I guess. But from mypov I don't just "forget" my role. Like, reading it and understanding to me means i remember who I am all the time but w/e this interaction isn't going to be anymore fruitful.

Tcat, you forgot to answer my question, do so please :D

traveling cat

Smash Cadet
AFDBNGFEBJKASFDBNUIWE

I can't believe the number of things wrong with this.

When? Did he claim his ability was called Reveal or something? I wasn't in thread between when he claimed and when he retracted the claim, or even until Inferno was lynched for that matter.
1. Yes you were.

I am master Hama, I have an ability called mind read that I can only use once.
I second this pressure. Inferno should claim promptly with all information.
2. You can't claim to not CC'ing Ryu because he didn't say his ability was called Reveal, then say you let BSL slip because you didn't know your ability name.

3. Due to your role's ability, you put Inferno as town since N1, believing him to be investigative. Then when Ryu claims guilty on Inferno, you support it without question even when his claim name contradicts with your role name, and putting pressure on what you believed to be an investigative role.

Retracting town read on Kanty.

Kantrip

Kantplay
2. You can't claim to not CC'ing Ryu because he didn't say his ability was called Reveal, then say you let BSL slip because you didn't know your ability name.
That's not what I said. I thought RR claimed Reveal as his ability, then looked back and realized just now that he claimed to be Master Hama. If he had claimed Reveal I STILL wouldn't have CC'd him. That's what I thought he had done, actually. You have this point mixed up.

3. Due to your role's ability, you put Inferno as town since N1, believing him to be investigative. Then when Ryu claims guilty on Inferno, you support it without question even when his claim name contradicts with your role name, and putting pressure on what you believed to be an investigative role.

Retracting town read on Kanty.
I didn't know RR's role name contradicted with mine, as I have said numerous times now.
I agreed with pressuring Inferno because during the Night I reconsidered calling him town just because of him targeting me and realized he was a slot worth pressuring due to his lack of playing the game. Don't see a problem with doing a 180 on my read.
Retracting town read on me and moving me to... scum? Null?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Forgot about prior experience. Only remembered my experiences playing with tcat recently and assumed things, my bad.

Doubt Ryker would kill S&C because he was already setting up a lynch on them should they stick around too long, justifying it with the paranoia of them being around so long. Ryker made some post at one point saying "lynch S&C if they're alive Day 4".
That is due to a policy where Ryker lynches Swiss if he sticks to long in any game, it's not game specific.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Man I'm also a hypocrite since I did that on accident when I thoughts multiples of some VT name wouldn't condemn them, lol Majora's.

Still you forgot your role name over multiple days? If you thought Inferno was an investigative why did you flip on him so quickly?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
TCat not being an adapt is correct.

That means somethings I thought about this set-up I was wrong about but when I claim I can expose more about it.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I am a Jupiter Adept.

Flipped on Inferno because I didn't want to have a solid townread on him based on a suspected role when his play far tarnished anything that my role speculation could achieve.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Also it does say Master Hama, after all.

Yeah I really just looked at my role PM and then just remembered that I was self-watcher and never went back to it

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I believe TCat is telling the truth. Flavor wise Babi being a traveler makes a crap ton of sense, and the Cloak Ball thing would fit being unkillable

Furio Tigre

Smash Apprentice
Checked Ryker's profile. He was on really early this morning at 1:44AM PST.

Vote: Ryker

If Ryker was actually missing and didn't have any opportunities to claim, I'd be more lenient with him and subsequently be willing to wait. Considering that my PoE degrades into Kantrip/Ryker at this point though (albeit I don't like TCat's claim too much for reasons I won't mention right now), I'm just not against getting the day going. Our slot will claim toMorrow first thing if the game isn't over yet by then.

Top Bottom