• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Going to Melbourne - what to see, eat, do?

unreon

Smash Ace
At the end of this university session some friends and I are heading down to Melbourne!

For me it's the third time coming down but most of them have never been.

Give me suggestions for what to see eat do!! Of course, I'd be happy to see some of y'all :D

PS: I believe my time staying is from Nov 29-Dec 3

I LAG

Smash Lord
i have never ever been to melbourne

and when i go i would also like to know what to see, eat and do.

tibs7

Smash Champion
ilag come when you're 18, ill show you round st.kilda.

Splice

Smash Hero
Does that mean your calling me a hooker and/or crackie, Nix?
Anyway, Acland street, which is pretty much what i classify as the entirety of St. Kilda, has mainly homeless people and that guy that says "h-e-e-l-l-o-o-o-o" In a really high pitched voice, and lots of places where you can get haircuts, the place is crawling with those.

Tibs do you live near/in St. Kilda? If you do that's not all too far from where i live... Unless St.Kilda is a lot bigger than just Acland street lol xP

@Unreon (i.e on topic) If there is anything happening at Federation Square or ACME you should go to that, so look that up i guess.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Lol Splice is pretty right on topic with St. Kilda.

Cao will have ya covered for things to see n do in Melb!

Surgi

Smash Journeyman
Shadow Temple, trying to find the mirror shield
Lol ok unlike everyone else who posted i might actually suggest some reasonable places XD
Firstly you have to go to imax... its a must
Secondly you can uhh... do... umm, gimme a sec... oh yeah there are those horse and cart things?
ok third you go to museum, aquarium and all the local tourist bullshi...stuff
You can go to the Ye Olde Melbourne Gaol but thats kinda boring...
Umm Fed square is... alright but they very, very rarely have anything interesting but you might get lucky...
OH! and go to costco XD
thats all melbourne has to offer pretty much, i guess you could cram at caos house for a while and play ssbm but thats not up to me :p

Edit: Oh Btw there is Luna Park which is good.
the best beaches in melbourne are probs mornington peninsula and around seaford/frankston way... I happen to live in that area you can pop round if you like
^_^

Edit: Oh by the way go to this little coffee shop called Brother Babba Buddan on little Bourke street, fantastic coffee...

Dedu

Smash Lord
MARKETS
Queen Victoria Markets
South Yarra Markets
Prahran Markets
And teh Fish Market!

If you are into Markets you gotta check those three out!
$5 shirts - wooo!

COFFEE - the best I've ever had was in Prahran at a cafe along Chapel St called Cafe Orange. They make awesome food too! Cao knows more about food in Melb than I do - ask him! He even knows what kind of food are worth checking out.

FOR FUN AND RIDES
Luna Park gets +rep here.
Not as awesome as Gold Coast/America but it is def worth going to with friends!

ONE MORE IMPORTANT THANG!
PEDAL to the METAL - You MUST try Cycling one day. Melb is literally the best city out of all Australian cities to cycle around in. Go all the way down to St Kilda or go east to Toorak. Go anywhere - its worth the time and effort!

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
also if your feeling adventurous there is some nice places in the dandenong mountains to the east (resturants tea houses coffee shops pancakes parlours) and if you come down in winter there is always the mountains like mt.bulla

Top Bottom