• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gliding over tall buildings in a single shuttle loop: The Meta Knight Social

Run DMX

Smash Cadet
With my playstyle of MK, he does fantastic on both sides of the spectrum; characters that try to camp and characters that try to rush down. I'm just having serious issues against characters that can space efficiently in close combat, like Marth, G&W, and Mario. What do you all suggest for that?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Speed beats spacing, generally. As MK you have barely worse range but vastly superior speed (against Marth and G&W, at least), take advantage of that and bait people into giving you openings.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Btw I picked up meta knight
Rejoice! I look forward to seeing you thrash with him in tournaments. I feel like every time I see a MetaKnight they seem to be not totally on top of his game, so I'm hoping you can show off a better display of his abilities.

Also it's funny that you picked up Metaknight because your signature would imply something to the contrary.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Oh, my signature is just making fun of Overswarm's absolutely disgusting and sensational rhetoric when it comes to Smash-related debate, haha.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Sadness since I despise dair :S. Oh well. Guess I'll have to deal with it for another patch.

RabidJackal

Smash Apprentice
A lot of people in my community were QQing about MK. Glad to see he received no changes and a lot of the other cast got nerfed so I can dominate even harder now.

GeZ

Smash Lord
A lot of people in my community were QQing about MK. Glad to see he received no changes and a lot of the other cast got nerfed so I can dominate even harder now.

If they keep crying, make them get better. If they don't want to, noob stomp til the end of days.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Until they released this incredible new MK alt costume, I was sure that I was going to just use default colors for Kirby, MK, and Dedede as some kind of homage to my love for the games. Now... now I can't help myself. I have to be a butterfly. My thumb just hits the Y button without me even knowing it.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I'm probably gonna stick to the all-pink scheme I got goin' for mine

unless they add a pink color to the alt, of course. Embarrass

Bryonato

Green Hat
I'm so happy he remained unchanged. I really thought the nerfbat was coming his way but yet he remains a strong secondary for me.

Also can we talk about how godlike mk is in turbo?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We didn't really see much abuse of MK, so we decided to wait another development cycle to pin down exactly what changes, if any, should be made to MK.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
bring back brawl dair

; ~;

idk i think he feels completely balanced overall, only thing i would change is making it so he can grab the ledge during some part of mach tornado's cooldown

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Brawl dair.. Pretty sure I heard people saying it was in some test builds er something and it was to OP.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Dumb thought of the day, since I can't play:

Is it possible to combo into Down B from an Fsmash at low %?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
if i could find an actual screenshot converter or get my dazzle working or even get the screenshots into dolphin i'd post them but

try it on the training stage

on the sandbag

there is no ceiling blastline

i took four screenshots from different heights and the last one took about 5 or 6 seconds to save
it took about 35 seconds to come back onto the screen from where i stopped

Megapants

Smash Apprentice
So I'm finally grasping MK better (ftilt will just win you games) and he's just so much fun. I played something close to 30 games as MK today and I keep discovering more options. He's definitely one of the best characters I've played so far, his speed and power are just insane. Hope to get some matches on video soon.

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
Fox and falco are extremely overrated in PM, since the new characters I can say without any doubt that Metaknight is better than both of those characters

GeZ

Smash Lord
Fox and falco are extremely overrated in PM, since the new characters I can say without any doubt that Metaknight is better than both of those characters
What do you have to back that up? There's a reason Fox and Falco are so good, and it's not just because everyone says so. In a game where movement is king, they have some of the best movement options and tools to take advantage of their superior movement. I think that Metaknight is really freaking solid, but better than the spacies is a stretch.

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
Fox is still Fox, that can still be said but Falco is really bad in Project M, his recovery is really bad in this game if he does not grab the ledge or land on stage with his side-b he is dead 100% of the time. The main reason spacies recover so much is because people who use characters that can gimp easy are afraid of being clipped by their side-b and their up-b, but with Falco he should die every time he goes off stage. With Fox you do have to space against his up-b but it's still easy to end his stock. When I MM M2K he went Fox, I went last hit, last stock with him because I covered all of his recovery options because MK is fast enough and has enough jumps to do just that I can tech chase anyone to 100% and react to the next tech and Dsmash. I think the match up for Fox 50/50 but I think that Falco is 60/40. I'll be making a MK guide soon so if anyone wants to contribute to expose the true power of this character pm me for Skype info so we can discuss theory. Don't be so closed minded thinking that because their is Melee in the title of the game, doesn't mean that spaceies rule this game.

GeZ

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say I'm being closed minded when I say they just have superior tools. I think that MK is a hell of a character, but Fox in particular is so much the skilled players character, it's hard to compete. Shine, by itself, is so versatile and powerful a tool that it can dictate the characters interaction with blocks of the meta. That's not even considering the rest of his tools and how he's largely designed to be the character that works better the better you work. On a theory crafting level, Fox is literally a dream come true. I can understand placing MK high, but Fox, and Falco to a lesser extent, are just a fighting game players wet dream, while MK is solid as hell, but doesn't have the design to fill that same niche.

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
Their is a difference in theory and actuality, no one in this world that has ever played fox can consistently preform everything that makes him the character to play all the time. A main reason why I think it's different for this game that shield pressure is almost nonexistent considering that PM uses Brawl shields where their is less shield stun for the shield-er which greatly hinders the space's game and MK's nair out priorities the space's nair. I think that MK overall has the least weakness compared to Fox and Falco. BUT! I think that MK has no moves that clanks with Mario's fireballs... So there is that...

Top Bottom