• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Girls/Guys/Relationships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofa king cool

Smash Rookie
OK. I have a very cliche problem.

Theres this girl, lets call her "Fran". I really think I'm starting to fall for her but we are friends.

OK I met her earlier this year and we have become friends. We wait for our rides with each other everyday after school. She hits me alot and we make fun of each other. All in fun though, I might add. So I'm wondering: Is this a form of flirtation? And should I act on it? Because if not, I don't want to ask her out and lose a friend and be labeled creepy after it circulates across the school.

Help!

plasmawisp6633

Smash Journeyman

Theres this girl, lets call her "Fran". I really think I'm starting to fall for her but we are friends.

OK I met her earlier this year and we have become friends. We wait for our rides with each other everyday after school. She hits me alot and we make fun of each other. All in fun though, I might add. So I'm wondering: Is this a form of flirtation? And should I act on it? Because if not, I don't want to ask her out and lose a friend and be labeled creepy after it circulates across the school.

Help!
I'd say it's a mild form of flirting; personally, I don't know what else to call it. Don't take my word fully, cause I'm no expert, but don't automatically assume that you're not gonna be friends after a break up. If you're true friends, you can still be friends afterwards.

and, As long as you don't act creepy or anything, you shouldn't be labeled that way. If you're unsure about her, check her track record when it comes to former boyfriends (if she has one). Good luck.

CombatQueenPMS

Smash Rookie
this topic is interesting.

Congrats Nicolette and best wishes :)

As for myself I do around 30+hours of work for my clan and do 30 hours a week at my job offline. Not unless there is a man out there and can handle me doing this much work dating will never happen again :p

khaijiao

Smash Rookie

Help!
Best thing to do is keep flirting back, but keep your trap shut. I mean, never ask her out or tell her you like her, cause that's creepy. Just keep flirting and acting like your friends even if you do really like her, start hanging out with her on a regular basis, which leads to eventual make-out/ sex (when you end up in the right situation) Just make sure to take it real slow. Slow = ensured ****

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Also known as Sofa king cool....

All right no more hideing. If you are reading this **** you Watertails! JK, don't hurt me....

I am Sofa king cool. So thanks for the help. I probably should just coast for a while. So peace!

Black Waltz

Smash Champion

Help!
When she hits you and makes fun of you, that is an IOI (indicator of interest). In layman's terms, yes, it is a form of flirting.

Act on it, but don't say something like "i really like you". If you do that, she will be creeped out and keep things at a friend level. Just be playful and subtly flirtatious. I would say more, but I'm tired and might screw you over.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Since I just gave this warning in the Gay Smashers Topic, I figured I'd have some equality and mention it here too. Keep talk ot sex to a minimum. Think of the kids.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Since I just gave this warning in the Gay Smashers Topic, I figured I'd have some equality and mention it here too. Keep talk ot sex to a minimum. Think of the kids.
Hmph. Stupid kids. Taking away our sex talk. Next thing you know they'll want out of their cages more then three times a week.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
So I've been texting this girl for a while, but today she never responded. So I kept on texting her every few minutes for a couple of hours until she asked me to stop. I responded with "***** i'll kill you if you say that again" and now she's threatening to call the cops, please help

Colenstien

Smash Ace
So I've been texting this girl for a while, but today she never responded. So I kept on texting her every few minutes for a couple of hours until she asked me to stop. I responded with "***** i'll kill you if you say that again" and now she's threatening to call the cops, please help
Go for the breasts!

Sandy

Smash Champion
So there's this girl I added on FaceBook that goes to my college and we met at her dorm the other day.
I've been texting her every so often, but she says I'm too flirty. Help?

Sporkman

Smash Ace
:laugh:

So there's this girl I added on FaceBook that goes to my college and we met at her dorm the other day.
I've been texting her every so often, but she says I'm too flirty. Help?
**** her in the *******.

Same goes for that roommate of hers. Picking up girls on facebook though? :laugh: I wish I could be just as fly, Frank.

Edit: This thread has a distinct lack of Rule 1. I think it should be imposed.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
This topic is on it's last leg, fyi. Stop posting stupid stuff and stop breaking rules.

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
*Gulp* hope it's okay to post here without Crimson King taking my head off. Well I'm have a serious post so I'm sure I'm fine.

Well I posted a previous problem on the board way back on page like 32 or something, and I actually got a lot of help, so I'm hoping I can get some great advice again like last time. So I've been in this committed relationship for seven months now. We are really close. I of course have no intention of cheating on her or anything of the sort. I also trust her fully to not cheat on me, and I know she won't. But however, she's very....flirty. She has a noticeable amount of "guy friends" who she assures me are just friends. I don't go to the same school as her, so I'm not able to always keep an eye on her, but I trust her for the most part. I know she won't cheat on me, but she still wants to be able to just "hang out" with her guys friends. Should I allow only certain people? Or not let her see any other guys at all?

When I told her I didn't want her seeing other guys, she claimed I was being unfair. Is this true, in a committed relationship am I supposed to let her hang out with other guys or not? She truly loves me, she's very attention needy so I completely understand her part. I'm just confused about what to do with her now. Will she grow out of it? Or is it something I can't change? We keep in contact a lot and I see her at least twice a week despite going to different schools. And when I see her on the weekends we spend the whole day together. Please help me.

Thanks,
Deathanchor

Foe

Smash Journeyman
I think you have to either let her be with her friends like she wants or dump her. If she says you can't hang out with so and so because she doesn't want you hanging out with them how would you feel? If you feel insecure about the situation it probably isn't the best relationship. I mean you really have no authority to tell her to who to hang out with so it would be really tough if you think the guys are making a move on her and stuff. :ohwell:

Mrs. Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think you should tell her who she can and cannot hang out with. It's really her choice and her privacy. The earlier you start thinking she's cheating, the earlier she'll start questioning you. The whole jealousy thing puts an ax on any relationship right away. So either trust her, or let her go. Baha and I had to live in different cities for two years and never questioned each other. It's all about trust. If you can't do that, then she won't be able to either.

forboxgux

Smash Apprentice
I tried having a sexual relationship once with a guy, but it didn't work out. So I just avoid them all together.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
I tried having a sexual relationship once with a guy, but it didn't work out. So I just avoid them all together.

First off getting hurt in a relationship is no reason to swear off them forever. My last girlfriend hurt me bad, I mean real bad. She cheated on me with three other people, one of which was a friend. The whole time she said she wanted me to marry her. I swore off dating for a while and let some good opportunities for a relationship pass me by. I eventually realized that if i let another one go, it would be one more thing she took away from me. Now Im in a relationship with a nice girl who went though a similar thing with her ex. It took a while before I could get her to trust me, but now were a **** fine couple.

If you dont think youre ready for another relationship it's fine to take some time off. The thing is there aren't a lot decent people out there. Try not to let them pass you by. If you do choose to enter another relationship, put sex on the bottom of the list. Someone who truly cares about you, would respect your decision to abstain for a while.

forboxgux

Smash Apprentice
If you do choose to enter another relationship, put sex on the bottom of the list. Someone who truly cares about you, would respect your decision to abstain for a while.
I've always been raised to believe that all relationships are about sex. Even my church preaches that. I guess that would eliminate problems if I saw beyond that.

blindguardian667

Smash Rookie
So yeah there's this girl i like and IDK if she likes me. Problem is, we are 1,500 miles apart, and neither of us are too sure about the whole LD relationship thing. So back on topic:

I think that Interweb Dating should be generally accepted, taking into mind that technology has bridged the gap and broken many social norms that existed prior to the invention of IM, Email, and Text. Embrace the future ppl, eventually we will have teleporters that will take us where we want, except bathrooms (you ppl know why)

joshisrad

Smash Lord
^ that mess of slippery slope conclusions and faux-profundity made me laugh so much.

In modern day society, it seems girls takeover the relationship.
Yes. Our society has been feminizing men more and more as the years go by and I used to be a victim of it too. But now I'm setting it back to how it should be. You're aware. You're awake. You should too.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
I've always been raised to believe that all relationships are about sex. Even my church preaches that. I guess that would eliminate problems if I saw beyond that.
Most long relationships do lead to sex, but the purpose of a relationship is to have a companion, someone to help share the burdens and fruits of life with. Sex just happens to be one of the things that come with it. Albeit, a small part of a relationship. If you want a secure relationship with someone you can trust, take more time to do the other enjoyable things that come with having a bf/gf. This way you get to how compatible you truly are and build a stronger bond. You'll also build up anticipation. So when you do jump into the horizontal mombo, it's all the more sweet.

.A relationship thats based on orgasms has no strong foundation because you dont need to be in a relationship to have sex. There's plenty of people out there who are willing to just give it up. For those of you just looking for sex, dont get in a relationship. Dont go hurting people for your selfish needs. Besides, it's not worth the time, money, and stress. Go out and find someone looking for the same thing you want. Just try to be SAFE.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
*Gulp* hope it's okay to post here without Crimson King taking my head off. Well I'm have a serious post so I'm sure I'm fine.

Well I posted a previous problem on the board way back on page like 32 or something, and I actually got a lot of help, so I'm hoping I can get some great advice again like last time. So I've been in this committed relationship for seven months now. We are really close. I of course have no intention of cheating on her or anything of the sort. I also trust her fully to not cheat on me, and I know she won't. But however, she's very....flirty. She has a noticeable amount of "guy friends" who she assures me are just friends. I don't go to the same school as her, so I'm not able to always keep an eye on her, but I trust her for the most part. I know she won't cheat on me, but she still wants to be able to just "hang out" with her guys friends. Should I allow only certain people? Or not let her see any other guys at all?

When I told her I didn't want her seeing other guys, she claimed I was being unfair. Is this true, in a committed relationship am I supposed to let her hang out with other guys or not? She truly loves me, she's very attention needy so I completely understand her part. I'm just confused about what to do with her now. Will she grow out of it? Or is it something I can't change? We keep in contact a lot and I see her at least twice a week despite going to different schools. And when I see her on the weekends we spend the whole day together. Please help me.

Thanks,
Deathanchor
Trust is very important in a relationship. In fact, it's VITAL for a relationship to pull together. I've noticed that the moment you suspect she is meeting other guys, and if your trust for her is wavering, chances are, this type of relationship will crumble.

The fact that you are being insecure about this relationship is a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you can't trust this girl, then it's not worth it anymore. Honesty, trust, and respect is the three vital points of a relationship in order to keep it strong.

What you should do next time, Deathanchor, is that you shouldn't doubt the girl in the first place. Put your trust in that girl, and don't make it such a big deal. And NEVER get jealous. Such a waste of emotional energy, plus it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Of course, you have to put your trust on the right type of girl, and not just any girl.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I completely agree with DJ on this; if you don't have trust, the relationship will not stand. It is absolutely essential in any relationship, be it friendship or romance.

And I have always found it is wise to give her your trust from the beginning. If at some point she takes advantage of it and you realize she is, you'll also realize she isn't the girl for you. However, if your trust is reciprocated then you have found a very worthwhile girl.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
In the subject of "meeting with other guys," I think there is an invisible fine line that cannot be crossed when in a SERIOUS relationship.

Your girlfriend just doesn't "meet" with other guys, there should always be a common mutual respect between the two in order for that layer of the relationship to work out and not cause a domino effect ion the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom