• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Girls/Guys/Relationships

Status
Not open for further replies.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I can't get this girl out of my head. I've known her for 30 minutes on Friday night. (no, not known biblically)

but we kissed a couple times and I haven't seen her since. haha.
wtf where did this come from, and why is it funny.
im confused.

anyway, on to what i want to say
i would really like to start a relationshipw a girl (jsut to specify), but i don't have a life right now and its pretty pathetic.

i have 3 jobs and am a full time student in school, and any free time i get i am playing smash.
what would be the balls if i could get nab a girl that was even half decent at playing.

i have already announced to everyone i know to never speak to me agian after march 9th, so i guess i better pick up a chick quick

Cookiez

Smash Ace
Juggling three jobs and trying to find a girl sounds awfully difficult... Im guessing after a while, somethings got to give so you can relax a little!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I talked to a girl I had a brief crush on [a little while ago] today. There was some awkward silence :urg: but I guess it went ok. I'm not sure if she likes me or not it's pretty hard to tell because she's kind to most people [in our year, anyway].

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
Are you allowed to go out with your bff that's a girl?(i'm a guy)

I really really like my bff, but i'm afraid that asking her out may ruin our friendship forever. What should I do?

Xtinction

Smash Journeyman

I really really like my bff, but i'm afraid that asking her out may ruin our friendship forever. What should I do?
do it!!

as long as you know shes feel's comfterble with you and everything then go for it dude

Cookiez

Smash Ace
Xtinction is right! Do it, the worst that can happen is her saying no. Recently, a friend of mine did the very same thing. Unfortuanty, his feelings weren't reciprocated but unexpectedly his relationship with his bff got even closer.

And of course, if she/he says yes, then just imagine how great that would be :D Just make sure not to put her/him under loads of pressure and i'm sure it'll go well! Good luck dude ;)

And Red Exodus, nice one :D. Its always really difficult to approach someone who you get all tougue tied over, but sometimes it can be great ^^. I think that i can say on behalf of SWF that "we want details!"

*cheesy grin*

Black Waltz

Smash Champion

yes, but dont be a kissass and say something along lines of "ive known you for a long time and i dont know how to tell you this..but i like you...". that will **** you over.
just be subtly flirtation and dont call it a "date" if you want to go out. just be like "hey lets hang out". act normally but flirtatiously.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Whoa whoa guys.

Flipstar, be very careful how you do this if you decide to. And if you do and she says no, do not obsess and "woe is me" over her about it. I had a friend do that, and it's ****ing annoying. It took me a long time to feel comfortable around him again, especially since he didn't do a good job at keeping his feelings for me in check.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Whoa whoa guys.

Flipstar, be very careful how you do this if you decide to. And if you do and she says no, do not obsess and "woe is me" over her about it. I had a friend do that, and it's ****ing annoying. It took me a long time to feel comfortable around him again, especially since he didn't do a good job at keeping his feelings for me in check.
Truth. I was on the other side of this >_>

Do NOT go emo over it and act as if your life is over. Although simply trying to go back to the way it was before would be naive and stupid, because it's not possible. Helps if you sit down and discuss it with her, instead of madly obsessing over her.

Not worth it to lose a close friend over something like this.

Cookiez

Smash Ace
Hmmm, i would disagree over the fact that it's not possible :D. People outgrow their feelings after a while (at least some feelings) and as long as you just talk it through and don't act all emo/oh****mylifeisover then you'll be fine.

I guess its all down to you :p.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
Oh, i'm not sure if this really matters, but I thought I'd bring it up in case it's a big deal.

I'm asian, she's white. Yea

Oh and we slowdanced at our latest dance, which was about a week ago. I was to much of a pansy to ask her out then and there >.>

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
mccloud said friendship to relationship rarely works, but i dont know if thats quite right. If you are going to ask her, know that if she refuses you, you cannot make it awkward if you want to keep your friendship. Just accept the fact that she doesn't return those feelings, man up (aka don't let them see you cry,) and continue to be a supportive friend. Don't act like it never happened, and give her some space if she wants some for a bit. If it works, great, but if it doesn't, listen to Livvers and stay friendly.

If it works for you, then thats great. Make sure to keep your friendship visible throughout the relationship. I had a great friend for about a year in 8th grade, and then we dated solidly from 9th to 12th. So it works, but you need to be careful about it. ;D

I believe KDJ talked earlier about the friendship --> relationship and relationship --> friendship transitions. it would be worth your time to skim some pages back and find what he said.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I would strongly advise against friendship=> relationship. There's no going back from that point, and sex ruins everything.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Tom sucks... but I love him anyway. :p

GENERALLY the reason, at least in my opinion, that friendship to relationship doesn't work, is that guys who friends with women are usually ones who want to bone/be in a relationship with her, who usually don't have the balls to initiate from the start. Not to say that you lack/don't lack the balls ...in any given situation, but it's usually what happens.

Here's a translation of girl language to man language:

Girl: My guy friend...

(what she really means)

Girl: The guy who secretly wants me...

(courtesy Collegehumor)

At any rate.

**** you college. Quit offering me fun but ultimately unfulfilling hookups.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
maybe you guys just dont have the game that tom has

yeah, that must be it

cats got game.

edit: okay, maybe i did leave out a little bit of the equation. like the horribly confusing breakup that left me so scarred that now i think im not a person, but a cat

Zukaza

Smash Apprentice
maybe you guys just dont have the game that tom has

yeah, that must be it

cats got game.

edit: okay, maybe i did leave out a little bit of the equation. like the horribly confusing breakup that left me so scarred that now i think im not a person, but a cat
Sorry to hear that, my last ex confused the f out of me, but somehow i managed to get through it in one piece. You my friend must have gone through some pretty nasty stuff to be in that circumstance. I wish you well Tom. Oh on another note. Im currently in a long distance relationship. 200 Miles apart, and it sucks, i could only imagine different states, countries, planets! Yea i dont recomend it.

Zukaza

Smash Apprentice
E-Dating is bad, maybe your beloved one wheights half than an elefant and could be great for a horror movie.

Is Mccloud a boy?
I agree, though i met my gf in my hometown, then went off to college. Temptation is pissin me off.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
And Red Exodus, nice one :D. Its always really difficult to approach someone who you get all tougue tied over, but sometimes it can be great ^^. I think that i can say on behalf of SWF that "we want details!"

*cheesy grin*
Not much happened. I just sat at my usual hangout spot and she was there talking to her friend's sister about cats and I cracked some light jokes about them [one was gay another always got bred]. She brought up a book she was reading and we talked about that a little but not much happened after that. I'm kinda shy so it was hard to keep the flow going but I think I managed ok. Baby steps :ohwell:

Maybe next time I get a chance I'll start the convo if I muster the will power.

Cookiez

Smash Ace
Oh, i'm not sure if this really matters, but I thought I'd bring it up in case it's a big deal.

I'm asian, she's white. Yea

Oh and we slowdanced at our latest dance, which was about a week ago. I was to much of a pansy to ask her out then and there >.>
Hmm i'm Asian but my first girlfriend was white. And like KDJ's friends gfs she wasn't a white emo otaku, should be absolutely fine! In todays society I see no reason why not. Unless her parents are KKK members or something >.>

Also, pluck up your courage and ask soon :D If you can slowdance together without any awkwardness at the least it shows shes comfortable in your presence. Ganbatte ne Flipstar-san!

RedExodus said:
Not much happened. I just sat at my usual hangout spot and she was there talking to her friend's sister about cats and I cracked some light jokes about them [one was gay another always got bred]. She brought up a book she was reading and we talked about that a little but not much happened after that. I'm kinda shy so it was hard to keep the flow going but I think I managed ok. Baby steps

Maybe next time I get a chance I'll start the convo if I muster the will power.
I guess confidence is one of the most attractive qualities in a guy, go up and speak to her :D Keep a cool head, just keep talking to her and just see how things progress :)

Elprince

Smash Rookie
I currently live in the trashcan in your backyard
This girl in my class is staring at me.....?
I like her but.......I'm kinda shy ( I've been embarrassed a lot and I'm new at this school so I wanna keep myself non- embarrassed)

Anyway..... we're both the same age (13), We only have one class together.. We ride the same bus, but I can barely sit next to her since her BFF is always sitting with her. And we take different routes home..... sooooo basically we don't see each other much.... and like I said, I’m the new kid…. So I don’t know much about her

So.... any advice?

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I like her but.......I'm kinda shy ( I've been embarrassed a lot and I'm new at this school so I wanna keep myself non- embarrassed)

Anyway..... we're both the same age (13), We only have one class together.. We ride the same bus, but I can barely sit next to her since her BFF is always sitting with her. And we take different routes home..... sooooo basically we don't see each other much.... and like I said, I’m the new kid…. So I don’t know much about her

So.... any advice?
Open to her. say something like "nice shoes, they really make you stand out" but not something like "i like you, you are beautiful". act like shes a guy and you are her friend. and dude, being new is a perfect situation: its like starting out with a clean slate; it's the perfect chance for you to make yourself well known. be more outgoing and get rid the shyness.

"So I don't know much about her". Ok, then get to know her by talking and being playful and confident in yourself.

you might be a little young for this sort of stuff tho, as from what i've seen, 13 year olds that are "in love" is just puppy love and isnt that genuine.

Bailey

Smash Hero

So.... any advice?
Thirteen? Do you know what Puberty is?

Ok walk up compliment her, then walk away all rico sauve.

Davy Jones

Smash Ace

So.... any advice?
Throw her some tickets in the class and tell her what u feel.
If not, put a love ticket in her schoolbag or in her desk, she'l sure read it.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
drop your books/pen/pencil right in front of her (making it so she has to pick it up for you) then get into some dry/normal conversation. make yourself look like an idiot but show that you were happy that she helped you out. MAKE EYE CONTACT. build up. do something different after that event and sooner or later you guys will be friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom