• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Girls/Guys/Relationships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
"Don't judge a book by its cover" is not about stereotypes. I expect most of us are old enough to have had an education.
If she's going to be nice to you then your job is that much easier, when normally she could have a huge ***** shield up. It doesn't matter if she "likes you" or if you "have a chance." Those terms are never relevant. She always wants you and you are above having a "chance." Guys who think "does she like me? do I have a chance with this girl?" are not in the right mindset to be satisfying a woman's sexual desires.
What the hell are you talking about?

M

Marth, Marth, Marth

I agree with joshisrad. Just to automatically assume is a hot woman is a ***** before you even talk to her is the equivalent of thinking a man is a murderer because of his race.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
well theres two topics going on, so il comment on both

on boot babes: if i was there playing brawl, or any other game for that matter, i would completely ignore the booth babes. sure, they are quite nice to look at lol, but thats what they are paid to do. in a sense it goes against what i believe, taking advatage of ones looks in such a way. the worst part about them is the way they were acting was absolutely terrible, and i could never find myself with a girl that acted like that, although they most likely normally act different, and are only trying to be friendly like that as part of their job. id rather go for an average really cute girl you might see walking around who isnt paid to try an entice you.

on online dating: it can definitely be a good thing if handled right. if the two people are far though, stay away, itl only lead to paid. iv had a couple girlfriends, however one of them i met online. we talked through AIM like once or twice at some point, and neither of us remember how we got each other screen names. one of those knows a person who knows a person who knows a person situation i think. then all of a sudden we talked like a year later with one of those convos like, "yo i saw u on my buddy list lol." either way, she was going through some tough times with her past boyfriend, and i talked to her until the late hours in the morning, until around 4am every night that summer. why 4am? because she lives in california when i lived in new jersey.

most ppl normally say like bla bla bla prob some 40 yr old pedophile, but i kno she wasnt as it went farther than that. we started talking on the phone a lot, chatting on our webcams so we could actually see each other, we talked to each others friends, it was like two people who regularly saw each other, except we did everything online. we even had our mini arguments as she was tired of me always playing video games when we were on the phone cause every now and then i would be quiet when trying to solve some puzzle in like some zelda ghame lol. it sounds bad, but it was quite infrequent. either way, we went out for like 3 months. it was kinda funny how it started too lol, like the classic talking to her friend and shes saying like, hey i think she wants u to ask her out and that sort of thing, but all online lol. she started to become a lil annoying with like calling me endlessly while i was working and i couldnt talk, and eventually i found out she was like 3 years younger than me. while this normally isnt bad at all, the entire time i thought she was 2 years younger lol, just some miscommunication i guess. kinda odd though i was gonna be a junior in high school and she was gonna be an 8th grader... either way, it became really tough not being able to see each other, and whenever i talked to her she was sad and i couldnt stand to see her like this, so i had no choice but to break up with her for the good of the relationship. i wanted to be friends, but eventually we sorta just stopped talking. and it didnt help she had the habit of switching aim screenames like once a month lol. it seems that she found someone else who lived near her lol that she went out with so im glad she found someone. i just cant help but miss what could have been so great.

Leatherface

Smash Cadet
i really wanted to be part of this thread, but talking about booth girls and online dating was not what i thought it would be...

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
i really wanted to be part of this thread, but talking about booth girls and online dating was not what i thought it would be...
online dating should be a whole separate thread, imo.
but whats wrong with booth babes? they're hot, social, what else could you want!?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Is that supposed to be a rebuttal, or are you being genuine?
I could have said it in a better way, but I'm really not sure of what you meant.

I agree with joshisrad. Just to automatically assume is a hot woman is a ***** before you even talk to her is the equivalent of thinking a man is a murderer because of his race.
That's not what I said. I said that if your life experience confirms a stereotype, then act on it.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
atleast half of a brain lol
That's outrageous. My girl friend had a gig as a hired gun and is a graduate student studying philosophy.

Jam - I'm saying the book idiom does not concern stereotypes. Don't judge a book by its cover concerns judging before we know anything about our subject. Stereotypes aren't an issue then. Stereotypes about hired guns may be prevalent in our discourse, but that's not what I was talking about. I'm talking about prejudging not based on stereotypes, but based on initial impression before approach. I wouldn't stop myself from approaching a girl because she looked a certain way, unless that way was uglies lolololol but seriously.

Leatherface

Smash Cadet
OK.... so...i see people are talking about whatever here...so i might as well do the same but like to talk about something usefull....
since it s the girl/guy relationship thread, and all you smashers must be heartbreakers, i wanted to know what was the key to having good reationship with an ex.
i broke up with this girl, and it s been like...5 months i haven t spoke to her, because she hurt me real bad. but now,i don t know. we use to be from the same circle of friends, and maybe things will be better if we patched up things again....

BIG-T

Smash Apprentice
OK.... so...i see people are talking about whatever here...so i might as well do the same but like to talk about something usefull....
since it s the girl/guy relationship thread, and all you smashers must be heartbreakers, i wanted to know what was the key to having good reationship with an ex.
i broke up with this girl, and it s been like...5 months i haven t spoke to her, because she hurt me real bad. but now,i don t know. we use to be from the same circle of friends, and maybe things will be better if we patched up things again....
what did she do to you?

Leatherface

Smash Cadet
...well... i used to go out with girls just to not being alone (PAUSE-i don't go out with uglies...sorry)
so anyway,i met this girl and started hanging out with her like for 8 moths before we finally went out together, like as a couple. the problem is i was in love with her like 2 days after i met her. while we were going out se would say the same...but i now realize she didn t give 2 ****s about what i felt. so she broke up. like...4 days after that she went out with some other guy. til today, she s been seing like 4 guys and has like...a crush on one of my two best friends...i decided to not talk to her for like forever, and 5 months after she is still trying to hang out with my friends and even if she says that sh has strong feelings for me, she doesn' t reaaly care about what i ve been through.i m not trying to go outwith her again....well actually i don t really know what i want but my friends would really like our circle of friends to be the same as last year...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow @ kdj's pic.

lol anyways guys, remember me? i have a gf 4 years younger than me. and we're still going strong. whoever's standards were looking down on such a situation are being proven wrong ten fold.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
wow @ kdj's pic.

lol anyways guys, remember me? i have a gf 4 years younger than me. and we're still going strong. whoever's standards were looking down on such a situation are being proven wrong ten fold.
It's not the age difference per se, but where you are in your life that can become a problem. My wife is three years older than me, but we were in a similar position when we met. It's just that age is usually an accurate indicator of where someone is in their life.

Also, age differences matter less the older you get. A 30 year old dating a 26 year old is no big deal, as opposed to a 20 year old dating a 16 year old.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
you're right. it's tough sometimes, but we frequently discuss not just the situations that happen that are very different in my college life and her high school life, but also there's a lot of pressure coming from how people look at it. actually, these days i've been very happy with how we're doing, so it's pretty nice.

and she always tells me that: "when you're 100 and i'm 96 it's not gonna matter!"
and i say "yes it will. because i'll be 100 which has 3 digits and it is more awesome."
"dummy : )"

BIG-T

Smash Apprentice
...well... i used to go out with girls just to not being alone (PAUSE-i don't go out with uglies...sorry)
so anyway,i met this girl and started hanging out with her like for 8 moths before we finally went out together, like as a couple. the problem is i was in love with her like 2 days after i met her. while we were going out se would say the same...but i now realize she didn t give 2 ****s about what i felt. so she broke up. like...4 days after that she went out with some other guy. til today, she s been seing like 4 guys and has like...a crush on one of my two best friends...i decided to not talk to her for like forever, and 5 months after she is still trying to hang out with my friends and even if she says that sh has strong feelings for me, she doesn' t reaaly care about what i ve been through.i m not trying to go outwith her again....well actually i don t really know what i want but my friends would really like our circle of friends to be the same as last year...
seems like she would be using you to get to your friends. I wouldnt even talk to her anymore.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
atleast half of a brain lol
Those girls are paid to act obnoxious, loud, and stupid. And they probably get paid well. Also, they probably get hit on all day(yes, even at a convention full of nerds), so I'd actually think it'd make them less receptive to guys trying. Having to act nice doesn't make them more receptive at all, probably just bitter by the end of the day.

And a Philosophy major is about the worst major to list for someone being smart. I've met too many who are high on themselves just because of their major.

In response to KDJ's post: http://youtube.com/watch?v=kYqKucJTn2c

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Those girls are paid to act obnoxious, loud, and stupid. And they probably get paid well. Also, they probably get hit on all day(yes, even at a convention full of nerds), so I'd actually think it'd make them less receptive to guys trying. Having to act nice doesn't make them more receptive at all, probably just bitter by the end of the day.

And a Philosophy major is about the worst major to list for someone being smart. I've met too many who are high on themselves just because of their major.

In response to KDJ's post: http://youtube.com/watch?v=kYqKucJTn2c
well, if youre a PUA, then it should seem like youre almost not trying to get the girls. showing that youre not trying and just being social makes it easier because then it discredits the idea that youre actively hitting on them.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm not a PUA and I know that if you try you'll probably fail, kinda like those generic PUA in comedies with the lame pick up lines.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
well, if youre a PUA, then it should seem like youre almost not trying to get the girls. showing that youre not trying and just being social makes it easier because then it discredits the idea that youre actively hitting on them.
Ah yes, good point. That would definitely work better and be a bit of fresh air from guys obviously trying too hard. I still think over all booth babes would just brush off most people, though. But, no harm in trying(not enough people have that mentality).

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
oh, I noticed your location, Livvers. :(

I get my wisdom teeth pulled this coming friday morning...

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
I feel like a total n00b for posting my relationship problems on smashboards, but i honestly feel like it's a good place to start considering I don't want to talk about it with my friends. So I had been in a relationship with this women for 6 months, and we were really close. She told me everything. I knew everyone she hung out with, i knew all her friends, and for the most part I always knew were she was. But just last week I decided to contact one of her friends who happened to be a guy, over AIM. I immediately introduced myself as this women's boyfriend , and he thought i was joking, and claimed that he was. He said that he had know her for over a year. I had only heard about this guy a few times as being "just a friend" Both of us wanted to know what was going on, so all three of us got on a phone conversation. She began crying right away claiming that she was sorry for cheating on both of us. Turns out this guy doesn't even live in the same state, and they have only met once?!? Yet she seemed to be directing most of her apologies to him. And I see her everyday! So what if she's known him longer, they have only met once!! I mean this guy isn't total scum though, actually he's pretty nice, but I'm not going to give up my girl friend to him!!! I told her that she would be better off with me, and that I could give her so much more, but she really seemed to be leaning towards choosing him. She then said "I think it's time we just be friends." what the heck!!!! After all Iv'e done for her, she chooses the guy that she has met once!!! We were so close too....I wish i never tried to contact that guy, it would have been better me not knowing about him. Because now she treats me so differently, and won't even let me kiss her. She claims that if she did that she would be "cheating," but it's not like the other guy can kiss her! I'm taking this pretty hard, and need to figure out what to do. I want her back so badly, should i keep trying to convince her to be with me? Or do i have to sadly accept being just friends? I thought about just not talking to her ever again, but she really is nice to me, she was all i had. We have so much in common too, it just blows my mind that there was another guy that she liked more. I wish things could go back to how they were...what should I do?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Deathanchor

Foe

Smash Journeyman
As hard as it may seem, you should try to let her go. She'll do what she feels is right. If she goes with the other guy, they are bound to break up because most relationships that aren't irl are hard to manage. Then she will see what a mistake she has made and hopefully comes back.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I have to agree with that advice Foe gave you. I know you care for her, but she took advantage of you, man. You should distance yourself from her, no matter how hard it may seem. If she realizes that she made a mistake, then she will come back to you. If she doesn't realize what she's done, then honestly man, you're too good for her. She didn't treat you well.

I hope you're okay.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
What a *****, I'd drop her like a madcatz controller. Just forget about her, don't answer her calls, IM, texts, anything. If you do you'll make it harder for yourself. If she comes crawling back don't accept her because she'll probably drop you for someone else.

Just be cold and move on. Pick up a hobby, get more serious with an old hobby or go have fun with your friends, just take your mind off of the whole thing and eventually you will forget.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Deathanchor,

you may not realize it now, but this whole situation between you and this girl is a HUGE turning point in your relationships with women in the future.

And for the most part, you are not alone on this topic when it comes to cheating and other serious relationship problems.

However, just from this experience you've had, there is a lot of valuable information and lessons that you can learn out of this.

-Instead of saying "What can I do about THIS relationship?" ask "What can I do in the FUTURE TO PREVENT THIS?"

It's time like these when a girl does wrong to you, that you must stand your ground, and not tolerate that kind of action. If you are still considering to get with her even AFTER she cheated on you, she will have NO respect for you.

Sure, it may seem like it's all HER fault because she was the one that was cheating, but the bitter truth is that YOU also were the one that played a HUGE role in why she cheated on you in the first place.

Yes, it's a harsh slap of reality, but someone's got to give it to you. I'm not sure how many people are going to tell you that, but if you don't change the way you are handling your relationships with girls, you will be seeing more and more episodes of this tragedy replaying in your future relationships.

-Here's an analogy to digest:

The Liver and Advil
-------------------------------------------
When you get a disease in your liver, you may get headaches and nausea (I don't know whether this is true or not, but just hypothetically speaking).

When someone has this feeling of a headache, he will be taking an Advil to relieve the headache.

But later on, after the medicine wears off, his headache starts to slowly rise again, and thinking that the Advil will cure the headache, he happily pops in another pill without a second thought.

This time, it has less effect. He still has that feeling of the headache, so he takes another pill, thinking that one pill wasn't enough to get rid of it.

He continues this cycle until the Advil has almost no effect on the man, and he gets pretty nervous.

Little did he know that his liver's condition is constantly getting worse and worse by intaking too much Advil and not treating the original problem.

When he finally realized something was wrong, he went to the doctor's office to get examined, only to find that his liver is to the point of no return.

--------------------------------------------

So what does a liver disease got to do with this?

The liver, in this case, is the relationship between you and the girl.

The liver was originally created healthy, as is the start of a brand new relationship.

But without the liver getting proper nutrition and eating horrible junk, it will eventually start to become unhealthy and catch a disease.

-The side effects (headache) is signs that show that the relationship is developing problems:

-She may become aloof
-She may not go physical with you
-She gets bored too easily
-She may act rude
-She says "I love you" but can tell she doesn't mean it

The list could go on.

-But what I find interesting is how guys notice this problem, and they try to go for the instant gratification, the "Advil" approach:

-Overly giving her compliments
-Buying her gifts as a way to buy her into liking you
-Overly supplicating
-Being too needy
-Being too emotionally attached to the outcome
-Trying to confess how he "really feels" about her
Again, the list goes on...

Now, as giving a lot of compliments to a girl or being "Extra Super Nice" to a girl may be very flattering for her in the beginning, later on, she's going to be desensitized by this, think it's very boring, and her respect for you will drastically go down.

Thus, the liver (relationship) gets worse and worse, and by the time you finally see the doctor and see why she is acting so horribly to you, it is already too late.

-A key lesson to this is this:

Instead of focusing on taking the "Advil" and curing the side effects, focus on treating the liver itself.

I've seen so many guys completely destroy their relationships by acting upon the Advil effect syndrome (especially during the worst possible times to use them).

The liver is best kept healthy by staying healthy.
By acting on the Advil approach (i.e. safe, but boring; physically escalating beyond kissing too late) things will be losing their spark.

But by acting on keeping the liver healthy, such as:

-Fun and unpredictable
-Exciting
-Being totally comfortable with yourself
-Having a life other than her
-Not tolerating her bad behavior in a mature, confident way
-Showing appreciation to the girl in a non needy way
-Knowing how to be honest with no BS on the side
-Great Sex (Not suitable for minors)
And the list goes on.

Deep down in a fundamental level, we all know how to keep our relationships well.

But we have been programmed by society Bull**** that men use counter-intuitive concepts of being very nice to a girl that we like, making her do all the decisions to be polite, that the girls get very confused, and won't feel any ATTRACTION towards him, and either breaks up with him or secretly cheats on him for another guy that knows how to keep his liver healthy.

-One tough lesson I learned about relationships is this:

Just because you are in a relationship with a girl, doesn't guarantee that she ISN'T going to be cheating on you.

-First off, nothing is ever 100% in life.

-Second, if the boyfriend is very lame and tame and the girl gets bored of him, it's very possible that she will be cheating on him for another guy that has his act together.

-If you want women of high quality and beauty in your life, you have to realize that they have options with a lot of guys, and if you act overly supplicating and boring, you'll be just like the other hundreds of guys that are acting the SAME WAY around her, until there is one guy that acts differently on a more deeper level (taking initiative, being a leader in the interaction, confident, comfortable in his own skin, has goals in his life, doesn't apologize for being a man), and she feels strong, pulsating attraction for him.

-Why am I writing this much? Because I was in the exact same situation as Deathanchor, four years ago.
But instead of finding out the hard way, I'm typing this up because I don't want guys to go through the tough pain I had to go through to recover and to have truly fulfilling relationships with women.

Remember this:
Instead of "What can I do about THIS relationship?" ask "What can I do in the FUTURE TO PREVENT THIS?"

-You must move on. If you are too stuck up on one girl, you will not see other opportunities in your life to meet amazing girls of quality to add positivity, fun, and enjoyment to your life. Remember, relationships are supposed to be fun, and they are supposed to add to your life, rather than to take from it.

-What I am saying generally applies to pretty much anyone, but I don't know much about your situation Deathanchor to specifically pin point what's going on. But if you, Deathanchor, want to go more in depth on what I am saying, or have any questions, just PM me a message or IM me at KoreanDJ111 if you want to have a private consultation.

Anyone else have any relationship issues or any issues with girls that you would like to ask me privately, the same deal applies to you guys. PM me or hit me up on AIM. I enjoy helping others succeed so they don't have to go through the pain I went to in the past.

Cheers,
-KDJ

BIG-T

Smash Apprentice
I feel like a total n00b for posting my relationship problems on smashboards, but i honestly feel like it's a good place to start considering I don't want to talk about it with my friends. So I had been in a relationship with this women for 6 months, and we were really close. She told me everything. I knew everyone she hung out with, i knew all her friends, and for the most part I always knew were she was. But just last week I decided to contact one of her friends who happened to be a guy, over AIM. I immediately introduced myself as this women's boyfriend , and he thought i was joking, and claimed that he was. He said that he had know her for over a year. I had only heard about this guy a few times as being "just a friend" Both of us wanted to know what was going on, so all three of us got on a phone conversation. She began crying right away claiming that she was sorry for cheating on both of us. Turns out this guy doesn't even live in the same state, and they have only met once?!? Yet she seemed to be directing most of her apologies to him. And I see her everyday! So what if she's known him longer, they have only met once!! I mean this guy isn't total scum though, actually he's pretty nice, but I'm not going to give up my girl friend to him!!! I told her that she would be better off with me, and that I could give her so much more, but she really seemed to be leaning towards choosing him. She then said "I think it's time we just be friends." what the heck!!!! After all Iv'e done for her, she chooses the guy that she has met once!!! We were so close too....I wish i never tried to contact that guy, it would have been better me not knowing about him. Because now she treats me so differently, and won't even let me kiss her. She claims that if she did that she would be "cheating," but it's not like the other guy can kiss her! I'm taking this pretty hard, and need to figure out what to do. I want her back so badly, should i keep trying to convince her to be with me? Or do i have to sadly accept being just friends? I thought about just not talking to her ever again, but she really is nice to me, she was all i had. We have so much in common too, it just blows my mind that there was another guy that she liked more. I wish things could go back to how they were...what should I do?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Deathanchor
man i feel your pain. I cant even tell you to just forget about her because i know its hard since you 2 were so close. I would keep trying to convince her man. He was probably doing the same **** wherever he is. Even though it was his gf first, that long distance dating is ridiculous.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I feel that cheating is one of the unforgivable relationship sins. How can you trust the person again?

BIG-T

Smash Apprentice
I feel that cheating is one of the unforgivable relationship sins. How can you trust the person again?
Technically the guy she never met before was getting cheated on. Internet convos and phone conversations with someone you only met once in life is hardly considered cheating. Thats like a pen pal.

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
Oh man, thank you so much everyone, i didn't expect to get any responses. And even more to my surprise there actually mature...i expected like "go play moar smash" or something. You guys seriously said some deep stuff, i appreciate that. Especially KoreanDJ111, thank you so much, what you said is so true for me. I will try to contact you on AIM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom