• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

CelestialSeeker

Smash Rookie
It's amazing how there's so much talk about not even a third of the final characters that which will be in the final product... The threads once the games come out will be GIANT!!!
Great job Gimpy, once again a huge help

Conner

Smash Journeyman
I got a few questions.

1 : Does Mario's Down B, Fludd, do a lot of knockback or just some?

2 : How does Diddy's Down B and Side B work?

3 : What's Zero Suit Samus's Down B?

4 : Can Super Sonic go through things like Volt Tackle does?

I don't really want to go through all the writing on the first 2 posts, so can someone
tell me?

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
I got a few questions.

I don't really want to go through all the writing on the first 2 posts, so can someone
tell me?
Just to make it a tad easier for Gimpy, no, Super Sonic can't go through things, and Fludd doesn't do too much knockback.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I got a few questions.

tell me?

Mario's FLUDD according to Gimpy sucks. I mean, it does no damage and it barely does any knockback.

Diddy's Side B is an air grab, in the video N1c2k3 (or however its spelt) vs Lucky (first recorded money match) you can see what it does. It seems Diddy just grabs the opponents face and hits him a few times. (and it seems that you can do this while your opponent is in the air too {A la Captain Falcon} and actually spike him down to a possible kill if you are off the stage {This is from Gimpy's impressions})

Here is the link to the video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ols7ASPclbs (You can see Diddy's Side + B at 1:27-1:30, he does it twice in a row)

----Fun Fact---: You can also hear Gimpy saying things like: "Go Lucky!", "Wow Lucky, Hit him!" and other phrases rooting for Lucky and you can see Gimpy at 0:39-0:40.

Diddy's Down + B is a banana, unfortunately nobody does it in any video (at least its not recognizable) and people haven't explained it that well. My guess (based on other people's impressions on the demo and the DOJO update about the banana), its just like the item they updated on the DOJO (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/item04.html). You just whip it out, throw it in the floor and as soon as someone goes over it, they slip. My guess.

Give me a second to search for Zamus' Down + B. I am sure I saw it in a video just can't remember which one it was. I will get back to you.

No Super Sonic cannot go through any kind of solid platform, in other words, if you cannot go through something by jumping normally, then you cannot go through it with Super Sonic

Edit: So I looked for Zamus' Down + B, and it will look very weird, but its this kind of jump thing, which I don't know exactly what it does, here are 2 videos of her doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsiBDV9Xu9c - (2:17-2:20)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=29OjNh-tzrA - (1:10-1:14 and then again at 1:18-1:19)

Fun Fact: If you look at 1:10 in the second video it seems you can do her Down + B in the air, and use it as a recovery move (since it jumps upwards) and it even acts like other character's Up + B, because after you do it in the air you can't do any other attack.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Cool info. But quick question. Wasn't Gimpy vs Hugs the first recorded money match?

Its hard to believe that Brawl will be out soon. It seems like only yesterday that riots were about to start when we were told of yet another delay. If they delay it one more time then all hell will break loose.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Cool info. But quick question. Wasn't Gimpy vs Hugs the first recorded money match?
The thing about Gimpy vs Hugs is that its the first ever money match, and yes there was a recording, but it records THEM (as in the human beings) playing, not the actual match (the game) itself... :S. I mean yes, there are tiny moments were the cameraman points the camera at the screen and we can watch Bowser F Smashing or F Airing Samus, but truly, you can't see crap.

I heard its because they were not supposed to record those videos of the game, they were only supposed to record the people playing. Which is kinda stupid.

Synister

Smash Rookie
Hey im back for one more question
so i was checking out some vids on youtube about brawl and i stumbled onto this one
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DjBzAUgDyOI
and i just wanted to ask if you hit the notes perfectly during donkey kong's final smash do you get the effect that occurs at the 4, 9, and 11 second marks, because that seems to be a pretty big shock wave? it seemed to do alot of knockback at high percents, it still seems pretty useless but an effective killer at high percents?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Hey im back for one more question
so i was checking out some vids on youtube about brawl and i stumbled onto this one
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DjBzAUgDyOI
and i just wanted to ask if you hit the notes perfectly during donkey kong's final smash do you get the effect that occurs at the 4, 9, and 11 second marks, because that seems to be a pretty big shock wave? it seemed to do alot of knockback at high percents, it still seems pretty useless but an effective killer at high percents?

Well suposedly, when you press it according to the notes, the shockwave gets bigger and does more knockback, just like in the video as you showed. I believed those moments you pointed at are exactly that, the DK pressed 1 (Special Move Button {B}) at the same time as the notes and he got a huge shockwave.

Synister

Smash Rookie
okay nice, because at the beginning of this thread actually, gimpy says donkeys FS isnt that great looks like it can only be used as an edgeguard,
but i thought in that video it looked kind of efficient, but maybe only to be used at high percents as it does not seem to do much damage.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Well even in the video, you can kind of notice, its very easy to avoid. Also for a Final Smash it isn't that great either if you ask me, but it seems that it might have its uses, like obviously edgeguarding.

M.K

Level 55
OMG Awesome Hedgehog. It's really cute.

Anyways, I really want to learn more about Sonic's DAir. That Pause Kick, it seems really effective, and I really like how smooth it looks. It seems to be a good combo if you use it correctly. Very nice! It seems, also, that Zamus has a Pause Kick (second trailer Nintendo World 2006)

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
On the first page of ShortFuse's thread it says "Fox is unable to move when he shoots his blaster in the air (may be referring to being able to turn around with your neutral B in the air maybe)"

So I think fox is still able to shoot in the air.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Hey Gympifish, can you give some score to Peach, Bowser and Yoshi out of 10? For example, how much do you give Peach out of 10? 6, 7? Please score Bowser, Yoshi and Peach, thank you!

Biolizard28

Smash Cadet
On the first page of ShortFuse's thread it says "Fox is unable to move when he shoots his blaster in the air (may be referring to being able to turn around with your neutral B in the air maybe)"

So I think fox is still able to shoot in the air.
Wow, Sakurai has really been paying attention to you competitive types if he decided to nerf short-hop lasering. (Don't know the actual name >_>)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Hey Gimpy. Just wanted to say congrats on winning the most awards on the forum awards :) And you got runner up on a mojority of the ones you didn't win :) The only one that was close was sexiest with you vs Azua and also the 2 that were you vs m2k. Congrats :)

Colino

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrColino
Hey Gimpy. Just wanted to say congrats on winning the most awards on the forum awards :) And you got runner up on a mojority of the ones you didn't win :) The only one that was close was sexiest with you vs Azua and also the 2 that were you vs m2k. Congrats :)
You can send him a PM for that, that's what they're made for. What you posted has nothing to do with this topic.

I have a question. I read thorugh most of the descriptions and I wanted to know: how "slippery" is sonic? How much does he slide after running.. Is it comparable to luigi in melee?

7Mario

Smash Rookie
Thank you thank you so much Gimpyfish for all of it, but thanks the most for the Mario one, I have always loved Mario the best and I was so hoping that he would get a little better in Brawl and you said he did so thank you sooo much for telling us!!!
Long live the King of Smash Mario!!!

Jaxx

Smash Cadet
thanks gimp, bowser's my secondary char I accually play with so I should be in fimilar ground. I'm kinda upset that gannon hasn't be confermed or not(thats my main), but thanks for the info.

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
you have to read all this stuff afew different times, and in shorter sections to erally be able to under stand it and get a really good sense of what brawl will be like, good job on this info!

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Wow Gimpy... That was an amazing read, taught me alot about brawl, now i can own all my friends when it comes out (earlier japan release HELL YEA).
is everyone ready to abuse jumping out of airdodging to the depths of the ocean and back?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Indeed, this is a great read and filled with useful information.

This takes me back to the days before Melee when I did a similar writeup on IGN after going to Cube Club to play Melee for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom