• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gea

Smash Master
Whoo we wuz rawkin the venue. Also Mario definitely isn't top tier, haha. Though Pika seemed pretty **** good right now, and way underused overall with some BADASS outfits (gansta pika).

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
i want to thank you one more time gimpy. and thank you for just saying what you thought of the game. namely, that is was frickin fun. =)

i think people really need to hear that right about now. =)

vincentninja68

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad to hear that Sonic is a decent character, I'm still gonna play as him even if he does suck. I can't wait for the Bowser info. Just for consideration, the reason the release date was pushed back, maybe they're just waiting for feedback from the demo for further tinkering in the game's development...maybe?

Eltrotraw

Smash Journeyman
lol, don't forget the Snake Headband Pika either

But I thought Brawl was being pushed back due to the risky venture of releasing two major titles around the same time period(Brawl and Galaxy)? I would think it's silly, from a marketing standpoint, to have your own products compete for sales.

CHUK

Smash Ace
inks told me it's like the ssb pivot so unless u drop it's not an ink drop
That is what I was thinking. Oh seeing you post reminds me can you drop through a platform while in shield besides the weird going down slowly or going down at the right angle then down?

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
Ike was very slow, MK FS was very hard to hit with and once one gets proficient with the controller it will be difficult to use. also it was not a one hit KO all the time. Hit an opponent at 0% and they go up to 40% and do not die...lame. Don't get me wrong MK was my favorite, but i just wasn't the biggest fan of his final smash. I believe that the time it hit was due to luck or that ppl aren't good at using the wiimote/classic yet. Just my opinion.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
O! WOW! im pretty excited about all of these changes for some reason. im rather disappointed that wave dashing is out but these changes will bring up another generation. it sounds like peach and fox will be middle tier because there changes link sounds like high tier or highest character in the mid tier list. i cant put thoughts into words now ill just edit this post later but its exciting to think about all these changes.

ima rlly miss mah WAVEDASH!!!!!

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
****! Ike sucks? That's so gay. I was really looking forward to him. I hope they improve him before the release. Oh well, at least he'll be fun to use against people who suck.

They have to toss in another FE character to counter his suckiness. Come on, Marth!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Dear god, Ike can't be "THAT" slow. Or at least not "THAT" bad, i was looking foward to main him.

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
His attacks had alot of lag. My buddy was DYING to main him but he left very dissapointed, but i mean anything can happen. and he wasn't HORRIBLE just could have been better i believe.

Eltrotraw

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I didn't play around with Ike that much, so I didn't get much of a chance to fully experiment with his jab and tilts.

However, his grab wasn't that bad and could be his one saving grace to help him set up for these hard hits. His uair, nair and fair I'm very sure had noticeable startup time on them, though.

_X_

Smash Lord
Fox sorry guys, fox is not good. not. good.

his up air is combo oriented, but you wont be getting low % kills with it
fox's shine still does knockback, but seems to knock people down now, as of now the application seems not that great because of no waveshine but *shrug*
fox dies after over b if you dont hit the edge and you are off the stage, its just like his up b haha
fox is generally just horrible actually, he's quick but he's way floatier, so he's not like up and down quick at all, up throw up air is impossible, his up throw is just HORRIBLE lol
fox got mad nerfs, mid/low tier character from waht we've seen (but obviously, we dont play the game at its peak after one day right? XD)
Not Fox!! He's the scx bomb!! Is he really that bad?! From the vids I've seen he looked fine.

BALANCED MY ARSE!!! FOOXXX, (Darth Vader) NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
****! Ike sucks? That's so gay. I was really looking forward to him. I hope they improve him before the release. Oh well, at least he'll be fun to use against people who suck.

They have to toss in another FE character to counter his suckiness. Come on, Marth!
I don't think he's gonna suck, but they seriously need to speed up his attacks a little. He doesn't have to be Marth speed by any means, but like at least G-Dorf speed? Come on Sakurai, don't take Roy from me then make Ike lethargic... :(

I am going to LAUGH my *** off if Black Knight gets in and ends up being FASTER than IKE! XD

TRULY LAUGH!
He's not getting in, so don't sweat it.

Gea

Smash Master
Fox's nerfs weren't as bad as said, but he definitely does NOT feel like he does in Melee.

Pika though..****. He felt GOOD.

Shuma

Smash Hero
@Lavis:

Well, that would be... akward.

Edit:

Phazon Suit, Black Varia suit with Red Visor and Red lights, the last suit of Metroid Prime 1.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Not Fox!! He's the scx bomb!! Is he really that bad?! From the vids I've seen he looked fine.

BALANCED MY ARSE!!! FOOXXX, (Darth Vader) NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I TOLD YOU, BUT YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE ME!

*SHAKES VISCOUSLY*

WHYYY DIDN'T YOU BELIEVE ME!

Going to Wolf I take it? :p

Don't worry, I am actually annoyed that I don't have OOS'en for my Yoshster! ;.;

Inkslinger

Smash Ace
that vid of zauron showing that yoshi roll is NOT an inks drop.

let me explain, well he did drop because of his dash, and he just simply rolled.

Inks drop (the name is deceiving, it should probably be renamed) because it's not a drop, it's cancelling that drop. This new technique is a new form of pivot if anything.

~Shin_Ganondorf~

Smash Journeyman
Blegh, I hope somebody lets me know who the crowd favorites are so I can not pick them. but I might be stuck with metaknight.

unless WW Ganondorf shows up, which is almost a flat NO already.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Ike is horrible?

Fox is badly nerfed?

peach is not as good?

MK final smash sucks?

..........wow.....
Hold on, nobody's saying Ike's horrible. We're saying his attacks are slow, he might still be a good character. In addition, MK's FS is an insta-kill, it just has to be up close to hit.

Now Peach and Fox getting nerfed beyond all recognition? Yes, that's right. :laugh:

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
Can you clarify the C-stick stuff? How do you charge a smash now?

I kinda hope it can be set in the options to NOT do tilts and charging. I use the C-stick when I want to do a fast Smash, no matter what else I'm doing. Doing a tilt or a charged smash I can do without needing the C-stick, I'd rather reserve it for what I use it for - quick smashes and air attacks and throwing items.

Speaking of which - does it still do air attacks an throwing items?

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
Bowser, above sounding like he'll be able to compete now, just sounds like even MORE fun than his Melee form, and his Melee form is really fun.

I'll be sad though if he becomes popular simply because he suddenly becomes good. If that happens, I might have to second someone considered crap (ha ha, maybe Fox?)

Get off the top tier bandwagon and play your favorites already people!

PS Thanks for the info Gimpy, the game sounds more bomb every second. Even I might have the patients (intentionally misspelled) for this one (get it Gimpy? Get it? Ololololo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom