• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Thank you GimpyFish! I'll be sure to add this stuff to the my Advanced Techniques thread.

I have one more VERY IMPORTANT brawl question...

How tight is security? DiscSteal option? Take disc, dashdance a bit and jet out the door. Use friends as obstructions?

Perhaps you need to use some advanced techniques like BBB (Booth-Babe-Bribing)
LOL

Try SHFF on the stairs, might be faster than running :p

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
Thank you GimpyFish! I'll be sure to add this stuff to the my Advanced Techniques thread.

I have one more VERY IMPORTANT brawl question...

How tight is security? DiscSteal option? Take disc, dashdance a bit and jet out the door. Use friends as obstructions?

Perhaps you need to use some advanced techniques like BBB (Booth-Babe-Bribing)
I've never stolen anything in my life, but I imagine this would be one time where I might try it.

-West Coast Wes-

Smash Journeyman
I have to say it was really fun to watch gimpy play in that vid (or vids). Its nice to see players play the game and have more fun with it instead of what we are all used to.

However this game comes out, I think it will be fun for all of us to take it to its edge, no matter what that may be.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Ok I have a question, there is a discussion going on now on how the Fusion suit is actually just a Pallette swap of Samus her normal suit but then with Fusion like colors.

Gimpy, or anyone else.

is it really THIS suit: http://www.n2002.de/ngc/mp/mpgba3.jpg

Or just a "Gravity suit" but then with light blue instead of purple?

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
all you need is a friend to act like a crazy man (naked idiot/druken idiot/faint with friend screamer) and take the disk while they arnt looking, then walk away

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
about teching... you can tech off walls and all that... I was wondering can you still get hit at 150 percent and just tech roll the ground to survive or grab a platform on the way and tech forward to live? Any thing like that happening at E for all?

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's nice to see they're removing wavedashing. People who do that are sOoOoOoOo annoying!!!

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
Seriously, I have to do this. People like you just don't get it.
No, people like you don't get it! Without the wavedashing crutch to rely on, people with REAL skill will win.

Edit: People like SAUCE. That guy is too good!

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
Flame Canceling was in Melee, yes. It was only in 1.0 (1.1 too?) and you preformed it by hitting the ground before the flame came out, it was basically to cancel the animation of bowser starting the flame breath and skipping straight to the flame.

Salaad

Smash Ace
I don't rely on WDing...I use it for EdgeHoggs with Marth..but now since theres edge HUGGING I don't have to worry about it.

Husband

Smash Lord
Let me see here.... Oro's join date is in 2003. Gary's join date is in 2006. I think Gary should keep his thoughts to himself and not tell Real players about this game.

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
No you won't....
It's pretty simple, if you're playing a game with someone and they're cheating and you aren't so they're winning... Then if they stop cheating, then you can actually beat them. Cheaters never win and winners never cheat!! It's so great to see Nintendo is doing this finally!!!!

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
Hey, was flame canceling in Melee? How do you do it? Does Flame Breath look usable in competitive play now?
In v0.00, yeah, it was. How you do it just press neutral B right before you land from the air. You'll skip the start up and instantly start breathing fire. *prays they don't take it out from Brawl like they did to later versions of Melee*

I'll let gimpy answer the last question, because I wouldn't know.

That said, Brawl looks quite...interesting, to say the least. *starts catching up on Bowser since he just lost to a level 9 fox, 4 stock, Dreamland, with the fox on last stock 70%* I did go over 200% each death though! I hope the computer doesn't stink in this one, and actually knocks a stock off before you're over 200%!

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
oh snaps!! the marth and samus legends are here too?!! sup team ben!! yo im maining Ike in this shh1t and I could care less about WD. I don't know why some of you think us pros live on it lol

edit: I joined at 2002 I WIN

for now

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Oh! I think I may have figured out something neat.

This "Ink Drop" thing everyone's going on about...you say that if you dash for a while in one direction and then try to turn around, you trip instead of actually slowly changing direction like in Melee? Well, look at this video: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26689.html.

At around 1:35, Mario dashes towards Kirby, stops almost dead in his tracks, and immediately f-smashes him off the stage. I was thinking that maybe this "dash brake" sort of technique is done by holding the opposite direction you're running, and that an "Ink Drop" tripping effect is actually supposed to be the punishment for screwing it up by holding it for too long (though the trip appears to have some wacky utility of its own). This could be a new spacing mechanic they added to help make up for the loss of wavedashing (granted, you can't do it backwards or in short distances, but hey, it's a new kind of approach).

Forgive me if this has already come up, but it struck me as being really interesting, and it could be something to look into over the next few days for you E for All attendees.

aho43

Smash Lord
man, brawl dragged oro out of his cave.

listen everyone arguing over WDing or whatnot. it's out, lets not talk about it anymore. im sad to see it go, but as long as there is l-cancelling, which nealDT seems to think there is, we'll all be ok. let's just talk about whats different in brawl(minus WDing being out).

IMO Ink Drop should be called "Dash fall" and the ink drop cancel should be called "Dash fall cancel." or the Aho Sex Move.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
so nothing much on diddy's handling so far?how did people enjoy playing him?
DarkGea said:
Diddy's dash attack is his cartwheel. and to be really honest I wasn't even using his B moves. We were actually playing matches and I was using his aerial moves which are pretty **** good. His fair is like Mario's in SSB and his dtilt is a MUCH quicker version of DK's. His downsmash is pretty **** powerful as well. He had the best horizontal movement in the air it felt to me, but I may be wrong.

No idea on the peanuts, you gotta realize all of the matches were way hectic because of how they were played.

Diddy's moves are kind of strange.

You have a fox esque uair in the trajectory and hitstun, but it doesn't send them as far. His fair (or was it his bair?) is like Mario's fair from SSB 64 and has nice range, speed, and proirity. His dair is a quicker form of DK's and actually is decently strong for a meteor in this game. *thinks hard* I don't remember the rest.

Basically I was wall of paining with the fair (or was it bair? my brain is fried from SO much info at once) and it was very effective and strong. His downsmash was decently strong and I felt safe jumping out to ledgeguard people.
He seems good. Hopefully he stays that way.

Cort

Apple Head
Once, MikeG and I met in an elevator. He took my virginity in that elevator and set me straight.

I know know the meaning of life and how to float cancel in real life.

Atlus8

Smash Master
I wish I was at the expo right now . . . I was there yesterday. I'll be there tomorrow though:chuckle: I didn't record any gameplay yesterday since it is not allowed, but what I did record was the FIRST BRAWL MONEY MATCH between Gimpyfish and Hugs. Clearly, HISTORY IN THE MAKING. I'll upload it in a few hours . . . gotta get some homework done first.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Once, MikeG and I met in an elevator. He took my virginity in that elevator and set me straight.

I know know the meaning of life and how to float cancel in real life.

LOL dude you changed my life too! on that same day, remember when we had that shiek ditto and you beat me? it was at that time I decided I wanted to make shiek my secondary. you opened my eyes to a new world of cheapness! <3 you Cort

*salutes Team Ben* now we need some h2yl up in here lol

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Hmm, kinda' mixed on reading all this Ike news, but I don't give a ****. Ike ****ing owned in FE, so there's no way I'm not playing with him in Brawl.

I'm a Fire Emblem ***.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Hey Gimpy, try to get some screen shots of the alternate costumes. Or at least explain what they look like.

Does Diddy actually look like Dixie, or does he look the same with a different hat, or what?

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
that's cool about diddy. when i saw the vid i noticed the cartwheel attack like in the old snes games. he looks like a fun person to play as.

BDAOutlaw

Smash Apprentice
Yes Indeed please get some alternative costume screen shots......I want to see how fresh dark link looks and phazon suit samus too and Fusion suit....unless its just that mug blue one, thought it was the fusion beginning suit off of the GBA game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom