• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
whats pound 3, some kind of brawl tournament?
it was probably in an area where nobody even plays video games, like Antarctica or the West Coast or something.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Should this thread still get any consideration? Some things have really changed :|

TheKingofBrawl

Smash Cadet
If you don't know pound 3 or mango you make me really sad :/

And tbh, it was like gimpyfish mained all of these characters. I'm not a gimpyfish fanboy, and in fact, I tried to give a negative bias to him while reading the character bios, and found that pit was spot on, fox was spot on, samus was really good though you forgot to mention her dash a is too good and I think you can still missle cancel. I main pikachu, and you forgot to mention his broken dtilt and his POWERFUL ANA's, especially when utilitzed through powershielding, providing A RIDICULOUS knockback and decent damage, and, if he\she powershields, you can just DI away from him\her.

Whoops, got a little lost their. I got off track a bit.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
lol wow, brawl noobs learn to use the forums :p

go to the regionals, there are TONS of smashers in SoCal, we have one of the biggest communities, having like 3 tournaments every weekend lol.

.... or just go to allisbrawl.com, you'll probably find a lot more people there.

and gimpyfish doesn't play brawl anymore, to wheover said he lives in socal, we play melee now.

dj_pwn1423

Smash Journeyman
lol wow, brawl noobs learn to use the forums :p

go to the regionals, there are TONS of smashers in SoCal, we have one of the biggest communities, having like 3 tournaments every weekend lol.

.... or just go to allisbrawl.com, you'll probably find a lot more people there.

and gimpyfish doesn't play brawl anymore, to wheover said he lives in socal, we play melee now.
I was being sarcastic

either I'm to vague or you are weird.

festizzio

Smash Champion
It didn't, it was more than likely just people getting confused about the new low lag attacks. It did however have hitstun and Dash Dancing so you could, you know, actually do stuff.
There was actual L canceling. We played the game for 3 days without knowing about this, while that wasn't very much time it was certainly enough to get used to how much lag there was on at least some attacks.

Edit: Were you at E for All?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
worse? wow brawl would be terrible if metaknight were any better >_<
The thing was, E4all Meta wasn't some top tier unbeatable god of a head with a sword. However, since the games actual release they made everyone else suck a whole lot more and he only got slight nerfs. Had we had the E for All copy, Meta Knight wouldn't be top tier >_>

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
e for all brawl was better than the brawl we have now, wiht a few balance issues.

ike for example was about 10 times worse than he is now, and he's still not that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom