• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiD

Smash Master
Gimpy, i'm confused. You say that Fox doesn't have a Wolf costume cause it's just a color change, but you say Peach has her Daisy costume which is also a color swap. So, does Fox have Wolf's colors, or is it just a darker Fox?

Zink

Smash Champion
I have a request for the next podcast.
is it at all possible to show a video of a move of ike's, with the point where you press the button highlighted? it's really hard to see startup frames on youtube or whatever, cuz the animation hardly changes at all.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
actually everyone who played it was essentially a noob anyways

fox has no wolf costume, wow its a darker fox costume, the daisy costume is clearly daisy
there is no wolf costume

how was that not clear.

SiD

Smash Master
actually everyone who played it was essentially a noob anyways

fox has no wolf costume, wow its a darker fox costume, the daisy costume is clearly daisy
there is no wolf costume

how was that not clear.

Because you said it wasn't a Wolf costume cause it's only a color change. Well, so is Daisy. Jeese, I was just asking.

Zink

Smash Champion
I have a request for the next podcast.
is it at all possible to show a video of a move of ike's, with the point where you press the button highlighted? it's really hard to see startup frames on youtube or whatever, cuz the animation hardly changes at all.
boom shacka lacka

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Gah, Link got a Smash Ball! Too bad it wasn't Ike. Than we wouldn't have anything to worry about.

Brawl Talk, son.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
no time for questions, your questions are good!
Gimpy, here is the deal. I am going to mail you my buzz saw, and you are going to hold it up to the camera and apologize.

But seriously, I loved the video. It was awesome. Yes, they need to be longer, but the video transitions were excellent! Showing examples of what you were discussing was golden.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Awesome, I was waiting for that.

I absolutely loved the text commentaries. Have to keep those up.

I have a request for the next video:

Do you have any information on the "free Final Smash if you suck" thing? As in, did you see it in action enough to prove it? Or maybe it's a random occurrence that you might "respawn" with a final smash? If you didn't get to see it then I guess you couldn't really confirm though.

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
Sid, the difference is that the Daisy costume is an actual change. she gets a new dress, new earrings and brooch, and a new crown. its not just a color swap, but it actually changes physical aspects of peach's model.

thats what makes it different from the wolf "costume", which is just a color change.

SiD

Smash Master
Sid, the difference is that the Daisy costume is an actual change. she gets a new dress, new earrings and brooch, and a new crown. its not just a color swap, but it actually changes physical aspects of peach's model.

thats what makes it different from the wolf "costume", which is just a color change.
Thank you for clearing that up.

See Gimpy, was that so hard? lulz.

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
No problem XD. i was gonna put a picture in my edit, but i couldnt find it lol.

only thing im curious about is that shouldnt ike at least be able to stop faster characters with
Jabs and throws? i mean he could just use those to atleast stop faster characters from running all over him with throw mixups (to avoid getting super-armor countered), an then he could land a finisher for an obscenely low percent kill. i mean, i dont disagree that he'll be bad, but im just saying...

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
i was actually about to say that lol...

its just that i think that even in 1v1, he could atleast rack up 60%ish damage with throws and jabs, which HAVE to be fast, and from that point on, most of the other moves he hits with will either mean death or an edgeguard setup... it would just take one mistake tog et sent flying

Zink

Smash Champion
No problem XD. i was gonna put a picture in my edit, but i couldnt find it lol.

only thing im curious about is that shouldnt ike at least be able to stop faster characters with
Jabs and throws? i mean he could just use those to atleast stop faster characters from running all over him with throw mixups (to avoid getting super-armor countered), an then he could land a finisher for an obscenely low percent kill. i mean, i dont disagree that he'll be bad, but im just saying...
of course then everyone will simply expect ike to throw all the time and just dodge around it... no, the key will lie in manipulating faster aerials to build up damage and lead into smashes. ike will be unable to relay on grabs, because they are countered by attacks which also mess up ike's defense.

-ike is top tier

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
I like the Brawl Talk. I just want to say that you are pretty cute, Gimpyfish. If I were a girl, I would have a crush on you. In your next video, maybe you could have a fan blowing on you so your hair will toss around a little bit to add to the sex appeal?

Zink

Smash Champion
go read ike's normals thread. his bair is reasonably fast. nair has huge range. fair is slow. uair is wierd. dair is meh.
p.s. jabs won't work either. how likely is it you'd land ~8-10 jabs per stock?

-ike is top tier

Samochan

Smash Master
Ike could potentially be a beast on team play, dunno if his recovery sucks or not but isn't he also a bit on the heavy side, thus he could be a tank. I could fanthom a peach/Ike team where peach deals 50% and Ike uses any attack and opponent gets KOed. Press a button for ownage, lol. Then peach can save Ike nicely with her floathing dair if he ever drops low and with the new mechanics of DI and being more floathy, Ike would probably live veeeeerry long. Also figuring out super armors and the useability of them could very well make Ike pretty good in smart hands. It's kinda like peach cc dsmashes space animal in ssbm, but with no stun and actual potential to kill someone, lol.

Llumys

Smash Champion
Hey, Gimyfish. Nice first video.

I have a few questions.

How faster is Link, is he stronger?
Is Ike's counter like Marth's, and is it as effective?
Which is easier to use, the Classic Controller or the Wii Remote?
Meta Knight or Pit, which is better in your eyes?

Can you answer a couple of these? It'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
Okay i looked at ikes airs, and ya, they do looks significantly faster than hes other attacks, especially that bair... hopefully those could be used as well.

and ya, getting ONLY jabs isnt likely, but im just saying its another option...

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
his recovery is horrendous and he would have absolutely no ability to save his partner at all, his attacks do way to much knockback XD

wow guys, i thought i stressed enough. IKE IS VERY SLOW. HIS AIRS ARE SLOW. HIS TILTS ARE SLOW. The only things that aren't HORRENDOUSLY slow are his taps, his dash attack, and his grab.

and even those aren't exactly the most useful moves in the world

Zink

Smash Champion
his recovery is horrendous and he would have absolutely no ability to save his partner at all, his attacks do way to much knockback XD

wow guys, i thought i stressed enough. IKE IS VERY SLOW. HIS AIRS ARE SLOW. HIS TILTS ARE SLOW. The only things that aren't HORRENDOUSLY slow are his taps, his dash attack, and his grab.

and even those aren't exactly the most useful moves in the world
wait wait wait HOLD IT, dash attack??? that's a TGM combo at the very least, and maybe even WoF!
sillies aside, how are ike's grabs? damage? where do they send people?

-ike is top tier

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
People are always gonna doubt just HOW slow he is until they actually get to play him themselves XD. and like i said, i still think he will be bad

M.K

Level 55
Hey Gimpyfish, I have a couple questions/suggestions for Brawl Talk (Which is great so far):

Please go in detail for some of the lesser known items.
How does the Gliding work?

Zink

Smash Champion
it hardly seems fair. he's so cool :( I still think super armor is going to be important. we don't really know nearly enough about it.

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
Wow, great job Gimpy.

I do have a question. On MLG's website, there's an interview with Killa OR addressing the speed of the game. He mentioned that people's perception of the game's slow pace may hinge on laggy plasmas used to showcase the game at the event. Could you shed light on this?

-SynikaL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom