• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
no it wouldn't, he wasn't playable.

this is for my e for all impressions only right now, the video blogs i'll get into impressions of updates and stuff like that just opinions on whats going on, after the first few (which will likely feature on the really big changes of the game) i'll get into things like that, i dunno i just wanna have fun with this, the brawl updates in written for was pretty tedius lol

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
whoa look at that how cute its an argument about maining a character in an unreleased game by a person with 3 posts and a person with 5 posts

BATTLE IT OUT! n_n

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Real men don't play video games, they gut punch cars off the road while doing wheelies on motorcycles in reverse at 120 MPH down the freeway to Arizona. Oh and also they play video games.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Gimpy knows exactly what he is talking about, don't ever doubt him.

tw1n

Smash Champion
how about "play who you like" or "whoever has a style that suits you"

or "play anyone other than ike"

whatever you want
Real men don't play video games, they gut punch cars off the road while doing wheelies on motorcycles in reverse at 120 MPH down the freeway to Arizona. Oh and also they play video games.
These are probably the two most important statements ever said in gaming history. Remember them well. Because honestly. Who picked up melee and said I am going to main this guy and actually stuck to it start to finish? And punching cars while going backwards on a motorcycle is kick ***

Irow

Smash Ace
Haha, I actually wanted to play Marth when I unlocked him... Call me weird, but I just knew that Range of his was going to be great! So, I guess I took a character from start to finish.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I took Kirby in Melee, played him for the whole 1P mode, then tried everyone EXCEPT KIRBY. I then realized Mewtwo sucks, Pichu is worse then it looks (somehow possible), and Fox's shine was shiney. Sure I picked up Link...(for 3 to 4 years) but hey, I've been a proud Fox main for 10 months! XD At least I always secondaried Fox as a steriotypical causal player (minus items, I hated those from the get go, outside of throwing ones and throwing them), so maining him was easier! XD

Edit: Took me 5 years to realize that my "clicking" with Fox wasn't a considence, or something minor. Smooth move, idiot (aimed at self). Hey, now you p***ed me off. Shut the f*** up. No you shut the f*** up. Why should I shut up? Because you said so. Well I'm you, so HA!

Never aruge with yourself people, you always lose....and win! XD

:laugh:

Dynamism

Smash Lord
JK1, that was an epic battle you and you had there :laugh:

I can never stick to one character or even one style of play with a character. I like to main whoever I'm worst with until I can compete against the "true mains" of that character in Dittos so I know I'm ready with them...then I move on to the next. I guess Dittos are my thing so I have to be good with every char whether it's a top tier ***** or a low tier lover.

But I WILL stick to one game from start to end..."Smash Bros"...the only game I ever bothered trying to improve at.

I love this game "almost" as much as everybody I meet loves me :)
HAHAHAHA!!! OMG I'M SO FUNNY!
jk
*horrible joke*
But I can still pull it off with style.
YYYYYYYYES!!!!

Zink

Smash Champion
that's interesting, I had no idea how much posting contributes to creating video blogs! oh wait...
lol ike is easily the most controversial character in the demo. watch ALL the interest in him fade after like a week with the game :/

-ike is top tier

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I've been dedicated to Link since OoT. I mained Link in SSB64 (or at least tried) and I main him in Melee (pretty well) and I plan on maining him in Brawl! Did I find other characters who I'm better with than Link?
Sure have (Ness and Falco)! But I will ALWAYS have Link as my main of highest priority.

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
I think its idiotic to say "IM GOING TO STICK WITH THIS CHARACTER FROM 64 TO FOREVER JUST TO SAY I DID"

I will decide who to play with based on how much I enjoy playing him, and how the character suites my playing style. I will NOT decide on who to play with because I'm stubborn and just want to prove something.

My main is Falco/Fox because I like their fast style of play, so I may or may not choose Fox or Sonic in Brawl. If Fox's play style changes I will choose a new main to better suite my own play style. It would RIDICULOUS to choose Donkey Kong just because I liked Donkey Kong Country when I absolutely hate playing with Donkey Kong in Melee.

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
I was going to main link the whole time, but then everyone was dissing on ice climbers on Nsider, so I wanted to own as them to prove how good they are. Then when I got bored of using them, I asked my fried who I should main and she was like "Marth, cause he sucks!"

I wanted to try Marth after watching SSBM MLG and seeing Ken Kicking ___ with him, so I gave it a try and loved him (as a character of course).

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Looks like your winner

I didn't, though I do use my favorite character (though it's coincidence that he fits how I like to play perfect) Yay for Link.

Of course I don't count, because I don't compete and when I play with my friends we change our chars about every match, usually just randomly picking. The character i'll use most in brawl is the question mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom