• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gigabots Manfia - GAME [JUMB]OVER. Who got the Gigatron?

Super Vegito

Smash Rookie
My read on Bardull was town. I am going to re-read his read on RR thing to look at his intent.

Even so, I think one shouldn't be excused just because they are going by the example of Swiss or Cello or... Vanderzant (Who I actually modeled off of, but not so well xD ). Why? Because then something bad happens (Gambit) negative consequences may come from it. And they can get away with "Oh I was following this guy".

Will comment further on Bardull soon.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I keep forgetting that I told Murderbush I'm done responding to him. Going to stop that bad habit of mine and just shut him out for the rest of D1.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I flat refuse to read Bardull vs MurderBush... let me know when he's actually been daykilled (half joking, mostly not)

@Murderbush: I'm not fighting you about John being scum vs. town. I have my opinion and it's staying as scum unless he makes some epic posts of value and town-ness. I'm not ignoring your opinion on his "lost-ness" but I do disagree with it enough to have left my vote on John after leaving. I don't think it's excusable to not have an opinion on the level John does, and it's just the kind of waffling I would do as scum. (the fact you called me out after I logged was unfortunate timing). Inferno is as scummy as John is, and the vote will swing to whoever becomes the play for today, I'm 100% fine with either as the pick. (also if you really seriously are daykilling Bardull... I won't hold it against you by any means)

BarDulL

Town Vampire
@Vegito, I've thought Detective has been Town all game. If you want the exact post that people are referring to, I'll get it in a sec.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Regarding Biceps - It's sort of a feel, but the way they've been interacting with everyone (being kind of quiet, not really pushing anyone, reacting weird to my **** case lol) just seems sus to me and I'm totally ok with seeing that slot dead.
You're trying so hard to serve me **** on a plate and then you have the nerve to call it chicken parmesan. All your content is ****. I say we tar and feather the chef.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan

BarDulL

Town Vampire
He's Town. Soooo Town. I think. Like 75% lean on it. It's mostly meta though but it's super legit inescape godmode z0mgbbq blatantly obvious. I'm actually pretty sure I know what his role is, lol.
This is the post.

Now can someone explain to me how I exposed Detective? Seriously. Someone look at this post, and TELL ME WHAT HIS ROLE IS BASED ON THIS POST.

John2k4

The End of an Era
@Murderbush: I'm not fighting you about John being scum vs. town. I have my opinion and it's staying as scum unless he makes some epic posts of value and town-ness.
Why sure JD let me go make the world's longest wall of text just for you because I can't sleep knowing that you are onto my scummyness and I need you to se me as town oh so much.

Yeah JD needs to die.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
I flat refuse to read Bardull vs MurderBush... let me know when he's actually been daykilled (half joking, mostly not)

@Murderbush: I'm not fighting you about John being scum vs. town. I have my opinion and it's staying as scum unless he makes some epic posts of value and town-ness. I'm not ignoring your opinion on his "lost-ness" but I do disagree with it enough to have left my vote on John after leaving. I don't think it's excusable to not have an opinion on the level John does, and it's just the kind of waffling I would do as scum. (the fact you called me out after I logged was unfortunate timing). Inferno is as scummy as John is, and the vote will swing to whoever becomes the play for today, I'm 100% fine with either as the pick. (also if you really seriously are daykilling Bardull... I won't hold it against you by any means)
The play isn't on John. I highly suggest you read and come to the conclusion that Bardull is the play over Inferno sooner rather than later.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
It's mainly the fact that I need to re-read him and the fact that it's obvious that what Bardull did with saying "I know your role" or whatever was just an aggressive way of saying that he has a really strong feeling that we're town. Not going to view him as scummy for wording his aggressive play poorly. There are also better targets (John and Inferno were the first two to come to mind, but I need to talk to Ryu about them tomorrow.)

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why sure JD let me go make the world's longest wall of text just for you because I can't sleep knowing that you are onto my scummyness and I need you to se me as town oh so much.

Yeah JD needs to die.
John you're not doing yourself any favors. I meant what I said, and this isn't helping me think better of you if you're town. Stop it.

The play isn't on John. I highly suggest you read and come to the conclusion that Bardull is the play over Inferno sooner rather than later.
Bardull is the play? I can see how he's a liability, but he doesn't seem like an actual lynch target. More like vigbait. Truth be told of course I absolutely did not read You vs. Him for the last 10 pages or so, so if there's super crazy scum slip info somewhere buried I haven't looked at it. Still, I don't see why we would drop our lynch for him when there's a good chance in my eyes that we'd be just flipping him as ******** town.

With that said I'm going to go and re-read John since people are in disagreement.

(no voting from me until I see the vote count, last I heard Inferno was at L-2 and I have no intention of pushing anyone through until this mess becomes more clear)

Super Vegito

Smash Rookie
This is the post.

Now can someone explain to me how I exposed Detective? Seriously. Someone look at this post, and TELL ME WHAT HIS ROLE IS BASED ON THIS POST.
Murderbush is right. You saying that can help scum by giving them an idea that he may be a PR. As town, you have to protect your town reads. Not expose them. It doesn't matter that the scum don't know what role he is. You have to keep quiet and hope the scum didn't notice it.

Sometimes if a person is SOOO obvtown, I'd say OH HES SO OBV TOWN. Like fynal in Kittens vs Domos. But I wouldn't say "I bet I know what his role is." It's like being a cop who would want to hold his innocents to keep them alive. You want to keep your town reads alive. Saying that can get them in danger of dying. If I did speculate, I'd note it down for myself later but I wouldn't out that info. Unless I thought it was suspicious then I'd note it and then out it after the first night, if I thought it was ok to do so.

Anyways. What you said can be a bit wifomy. You don't really know what his role is. But again, scum can look into it. Or they can just nk him.

John2k4

The End of an Era
John you're not doing yourself any favors. I meant what I said, and this isn't helping me think better of you if you're town. Stop it.

*words*
With that said I'm going to go and re-read John since people are in disagreement.

(no voting from me until I see the vote count, last I heard Inferno was at L-2 and I have no intention of pushing anyone through until this mess becomes more clear)

BarDulL

Town Vampire
That's a fair point, but it wasn't my intention. I just don't think Detective is worthy of scummy attention, like seriously, he's blistering Town.

BarDulL looked at MurderBush's post. He wondered why the Bush actually thought he'd respond to it. "Morons," he said under his breath. And for them to think that the former Marth veteran would reveal such privy information as to what gave him his Detective role read is pretty gross. Isn't this hypocritical? Why would they WANT him to out this information? Are they trying to make him slip, or are they just scum themselves, seeking as much information as they can?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
He's just a moron.

What do you think of Bardull's JB read? And why is it terrible because he's sheeping popular opinion?
The only thing I remember is that it looks like one of those "It'd be the right thing to read him scummy" reads, but if there's any posts you want me to look at tell me now cuz I'm on the way home.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
Joey is in strong agreement with Kuz/Gorf, and I can see it somewhat where he screws up that badly. Heck he's done dumb things before, Adventure time forces lylo into him vs Vlade over letting town discuss if I was scummier or not.

Like, Kuz is being careful because Bardull is showing he can really, really screw up sometimes. Even more so if it is possible that while trying to emulate. He didn't fully understand the thought process of why Swiss does expose people when he does.

Do you think this is remotely possible Murderbush? Because after talking with Joey, they have a point, thought it doesn't excuse that this is a really dumb move as either alignment.

Also noting I take offense to that Roleblocking comment.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Wow you guys post a lot. It's like I can't have a life while I'm playing a mafia game. Also Ryker is being such a sheep herder and you're all following him to his ****. Ryker just wants me gone because he dislikes me (at least as a mafia player) and consistently reads me wrong. This game right now is no exception.

Vote: Inferno

bardull, y so much :salt:

jdietz, whats your read on meowmonster?
Really brah? I ask you to be more active and you vote me? That's completely legit. What's with asking for a read on someone who hasn't posted yet?

****ing hell.

1.) John is not scum.
2.) JDitz, why are you sheeping? Better question, why aren't you sheeping me?

JDitz, give me a read on Inferno. Badull, move your vote to Inferno.
Just because you like herding everyone where you want doesn't mean they should. You have a lot of charisma and I respect that. But just because you don't like me gives you no reason. Have you even given a reason as to why you think I'm scum? I saw your vote on me and a lot of you telling people to vote me.

I'm actually much more confident in my ability to read EE with consistency given time.

Gorf, vote Inferno. I want that kid to claim. John is town.
You wanna just say I'm scum with no reasoning and get me to claim? Apparently that's how we play mafia now.

Bolded is actually what convinced me on my re-read.

He acknowledges later in the paragraph that John needs to talk more (implying that he hasn't contributed) but then says his wagon is scummy. If he was being genuine he should be able to understand why a wagon would have formed with the way John has been playing. He's trying to take a different opinion on John from everyone because he knows he's town and, after John flipped, claim credit for not being on the wagon and arguing otherwise.

Not the mention the rest of his reads are incredibly safe. Notice how he says John's wagon is scummy but doesn't bother to explain why or attempt to argue against it? He wants it going through without getting involved. In fact, he's not pushing anyone at all.

Textbook right der'
Two things here:

1. Really? You think I would take the devil's advocate approach solely to have people think I'm town? I know that **** doesn't work. I'm not an amazing player, but I'm not stupid. I honestly can't recall why the wagon was formed. Can you give me a brief reason to why the John wagon was formed? Preferably 1 paragraph or less. I don't need an iso.
2. What have you read from me? I've barely had time to post.

There was no implication that RR is a PR. RR could be VT. I will say nothing more about that.
What is his post supposed to mean?

You will die trying then dude. Get the **** off my nuts and focus on the inferno wagon, you're seriously being anti-town right now and it's pissing me off if you're actually town.

@Everyone: More votes on Inferno. Inferno needs to claim asap.
You really want to get the pressure off of you don't you?

I'm not convinced Bardull is scum at all. I retract my town read on him for sure but I still don't think there's enough in this interaction to label as scum.

Inferno, on the other hand, is scum. I don't give a hell about what connections I get from the flip if I'm not confident he'll flip scum.
So what happens when I flip town?

Scum and scum.

:phone:
Again, people thinking I'm bad. You think I would openly defend a scummate and Banana thinks I'm trying to get town points from this. First of all, these contradict each other. Second, stop thinking I'm bad. I'm town and I thought the wagon was scummy. Just because you are willing to follow every wagon doesn't mean that I have to.

Inferno scum is legit, when I read his post a first time I got a null off it, so did Joey. Then when Ryker aske Jay to think of it, along with your quote of the first section with an explination I went

"oh"

Didn't notice it like that, I had my doubts at first because Ryker wants Inferno dead in every game he is in with him. Thought there was no meat then he posted more info and it made sense. I agree with Inferno scum.
Have I even made 5 posts since the game started?

@Everyone who says they see me as scum after rereading - What did you see? I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

I hope you're joking about not reading Bardull vs. MB.

Super Vegito

Smash Rookie
What scum would NKill RR/Joey? I'd feel perfectly fine in roleblocking him because that would make him completely ineffective.

Now then, Bardull, WHY are you pretty sure you know his role?
Scum that think they are a PR. Me/RR got nk'd in ... I can't remember the game. xD Anyways it was Kuzi's game... I forgot the anime. Sue me. We had a posting restriction and were nk'd because scum thought we may have been a pr.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagaan Mafia, we crumbed heavily we were a PR when he had to post flamboyantly gay and pretty much was obvious we were Leron if you know the anime.

He's trying to insult our ability to play mafia.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
@Everyone who says they see me as scum after rereading - What did you see? I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
It was simular to John, said a lot but no read or take on the play, and even then some of the comments seemed to conflict in it. You listed what happened but no really take on what you thought.

Top Bottom