• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Giant Ness made me do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah i dint believe it either at first, i asked him alot if he had codes on
he said no, and it replayed on normal brawl.. so i BELIEVE

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
I just tried to replicate the raptor boosting to the neutral air squirtle in slowmotion but still nothing. Can someone else try to recreate it to see if it's valid? I'm going to sleep now
I'll come back tomorrow to see whats going on :3

lol @ tocador's post on this, the link is broken :D

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Slow motion wouldn't help. Still really hard to time frames and training mode acts different.

What would really suck is if this as also % based for some stupid reason. LMAO imagine how situational this could be? XD

I'll try and test it tomorrow.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
This better not be a joke.....

Thats some seriously muffed up shiz lol

could you imagine Falcon being banned? LMFAOO

oh and....if we ever find out how to do this.....let's uhh.....only tell the falcon mains....then at tourneys we can get 1st easy. :]

Player-3

Smash Hero
IxxI has taken over my thread
T-T

lion its not fake as far as i know, im being completely honest

HizoSturm

Smash Apprentice
maybe its because squirtle got hit with the middle of the raptor boost? maybe that means that falcon has a sweet spot.....

HizoSturm

Smash Apprentice
alright i did some testing and this is wat i got.
first tested out the pummels.
i noticed that each of falcon's pummel's do 2% and they dont weaken. in the video you do 4 pummels. the first three did 2% but the last pummel did 1%.i think the struggle made the pummel 1%
Next is the raptor boost. wen i did it against squirtle in 1.0 damage ratio, the knockback was average. so then i tried it in 2.0. it was an instant kill. same as 1.9. but then came 1.8. it wasnt and instant kill until i got squirtle to 7%. then i attacked falcon with squirtle and noticed that there isnt a knockback big enough to get you KO'd. just sends you flying.

so my verdict is... the damage ratio was set to 1.8. if the match was wifi, it couldve been randomly put on 1.8. ive seen stuff like this before. while playing with one of my friends from school on wifi, rainbow cruise was the stage. none of us chose rainbow cruise. so it was just all a coincidence

Player-3

Smash Hero
was offline, if the ratio was 1.8 squirtles attacks would have done more damage and knocked me back further.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
Still looking foward to seeing solid proof it's not fake...lol, I mean honestly, >_>....lol

It's unbelievable...lol.
Hurry up and get proof P-3 >:[

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
Any new discoverys since last night?
As far as I'm concerned, I'm starting to believe it was just a freak occurrence ie. a one time thing but I hope I'm wrong cuz I really want to use this "uber-boost"

Acedude55

Smash Ace
It's either one of these.

1. Hax
2.Handicap (or something)
3. A freak accident/Glitch/One time thing.

And if it were a glitch, who knows, maybe we could expose it, and make use of it.

Player-3

Smash Hero
we shall see what happened then

handicap doesnt do that, does it?
ithought it just did starting damage

edit: i just checked, all handicap does is change the starting %

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
I highly doubt it had anything to do with the ratio/handicap. The idea of a (super) sweetspotted raptor boost is starting to get to me.
btw: lol susa 2 guitars+bass+amp+weeks worth of clothes? you are starting to sound too cool :D

HizoSturm

Smash Apprentice
im telling you guys... its on damage ratio 1.8. try it yourselves. squirtle hits the same distance and falcon KO's Squirtle at 7% with the raptor boost

SuSa

I highly doubt it had anything to do with the ratio/handicap. The idea of a (super) sweetspotted raptor boost is starting to get to me.
btw: lol susa 2 guitars+bass+amp+weeks worth of clothes? you are starting to sound too cool :D
I went on a 2 week vacation. Had my clothes packed. Didn't feel like unpacking so I took the bag. (I only own a week worth of clothes. XD)

Then there is my Yamaha Acoustic, and my little starter Fender Starcaster (not Strato), then my amp. Grandpa's Kramer Classic II is in the shop because for the life of me I hate floating Floyd Rose's.

I doubt it's a sweetspot - but that is possible. Although if it does exist; why have none of you found it yet? XD I think it has to do with the Squirtle animation.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
I went on a 2 week vacation. Had my clothes packed. Didn't feel like unpacking so I took the bag. (I only own a week worth of clothes. XD)

Then there is my Yamaha Acoustic, and my little starter Fender Starcaster (not Strato), then my amp. Grandpa's Kramer Classic II is in the shop because for the life of me I hate floating Floyd Rose's.

I doubt it's a sweetspot - but that is possible. Although if it does exist; why have none of you found it yet? XD I think it has to do with the Squirtle animation.
Ya, thats what i was thinking too....Something with the animations

Still in theory, It could still be a one time thing. Remember that.

Player-3 bettahz not be lyin >.>

SuSa

In theory I doubt it could ever be a one time thing.

It could be an extremely situational move that only happens on Squirtle during 1 frame of nair, with 1 frame of our hitbox, while Squirtle is at 7% and slightly moving towards us.

Of course, that would suck.

tocador

Smash Lord
In theory I doubt it could ever be a one time thing.

It could be an extremely situational move that only happens on Squirtle during 1 frame of nair, with 1 frame of our hitbox, while Squirtle is at 7% and slightly moving towards us.

Of course, that would suck.
And of course it would only happen on fridays before Genesis :D.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I call shenanigans.

And even IF this isn´t bs (which this almost certainly is), falcon will not be god tier (he wont even go up one spot) as the circumstances are too strict for this to occur, as it hasnt happened before and people all over the world have been pulling of raptor boosts since brawl's release.

/Serious respondse.

On topic:
omg falcon manly1 manly2 manly3 manly4 epic coolzorz L33t H4x Uber zomg.

Player-3

Smash Hero
I call shenanigans.

And even IF this isn´t bs (which this almost certainly is), falcon will not be god tier (he wont even go up one spot) as the circumstances are too strict for this to occur, as it hasnt happened before and people all over the world have been pulling of raptor boosts since brawl's release.

/Serious respondse.

On topic:
omg falcon manly1 manly2 manly3 manly4 epic coolzorz L33t H4x Uber zomg.

omg inorite falckn so manallyyyy

im at my house again so whenever susas home ill just call my friend and tell him to add and send it to you

its not damage ratio 1.8 hizo, it makes the damage % you do go up too, and im pretty sure squirtles aerials dont do 5% normally

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
It'll just teach squirtles not to nair lol

I'm thinking its a damage ratio being set to 1.8 thing. Squirtle's aerials are doing an awful lot of knockback <_<;

Edit:
omg inorite falckn so manallyyyy

im at my house again so whenever susas home ill just call my friend and tell him to add and send it to you

its not damage ratio 1.8 hizo, it makes the damage % you do go up too, and im pretty sure squirtles aerials dont do 5% normally
Damage ratio doesn't do that, you're thinking handicap. damage ratio sets how far you fly when hit, which is probably the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom