• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gfest 6: Kyonfest!!!! Orlando, FL 07/23/11

_Dice

Smash Ace
You should change your name to _Jerk
you should change your name to pushover. :)

But really gallax the two stages i like to play on most are RC and Picto, and you just stepped all over that. why come when I'm forced to ban brinstar by it's existance in the list and then auto loss one game to battlefield. so god forbid i lose the first match. And with RC and Picto gone i no longer have a CP to bring anyone to where sonic has an advantage. so i don't see much point in coming and paying $ for a tournament where i have an inherent disadvantage before the match even begins.

though i might come an enter as ganon.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Haha. Well then i guess just call me pushover then. If you come for picto then ill add it.
well the reason i'm wouldn't come would be.

Battlefield (2nd worst for sonic)
Final Destination (neutral for sonic only ever bad vs the obivous, and only good vs very very slow characters)
Yoshis Island(Brawl) (Sonic's best) (will never be played on)
Smashville (neutral for sonic, only ever bad vs mk, snake, falco, any character that controls space better)
Lylat Cruise (Sonic's 3rd or 4th worst stage)

Counterpicks
Pokemon Stadium 1/2 (pokemon 1 has serious problems for sonic vs snake, MK and others, MK) (pokemon 2 has 2 transitions that significantly weaken sonic's approaches)
Brinstar (sonic's worst, will never be played on)
Castle Siege (neutral for sonic, only ever bad vs DDD and mk)
Delphino Plaza (below average stage for sonic, only good with a jab lock.)
Battleship Halberd (Neutral for Sonic)
Frigate Orpheon (Bad for sonic)

so out of this 12 stage list i have only FD for neutrals, and Halbred for CPs. those are the stages sonic would do alright on. that won't be banned. and halbred is bad when it's flying, but good when it lands, so i have to pretty much camp for 1/4 of the match. and FD is iffy vs certain players (ones that can play DDD, ICs, Falco)

gallax

Smash Hero
well the reason i'm wouldn't come would be.

Battlefield (2nd worst for sonic)
Final Destination (neutral for sonic only ever bad vs the obivous, and only good vs very very slow characters)
Yoshis Island(Brawl) (Sonic's best) (will never be played on)
Smashville (neutral for sonic, only ever bad vs mk, snake, falco, any character that controls space better)
Lylat Cruise (Sonic's 3rd or 4th worst stage)

Counterpicks
Pokemon Stadium 1/2 (pokemon 1 has serious problems for sonic vs snake, MK and others, MK) (pokemon 2 has 2 transitions that significantly weaken sonic's approaches)
Brinstar (sonic's worst, will never be played on)
Castle Siege (neutral for sonic, only ever bad vs DDD and mk)
Delphino Plaza (below average stage for sonic, only good with a jab lock.)
Battleship Halberd (Neutral for Sonic)
Frigate Orpheon (Bad for sonic)

so out of this 12 stage list i have only FD for neutrals, and Halbred for CPs. those are the stages sonic would do alright on. that won't be banned. and halbred is bad when it's flying, but good when it lands, so i have to pretty much camp for 1/4 of the match. and FD is iffy vs certain players (ones that can play DDD, ICs, Falco)
Game 1: You strike BF. Your opponent Strikes FD or yoshis. That leaves FD/YI or SV or Lylat. That means you have a 2/3rds chance of getting a stage you like.

Game 2: Opponent bans either FD or yoshis or picto. Either way you have any 2 of those other stages to choose from. Also excluding halberd.

Seems good to me.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Game 1: You strike BF. Your opponent Strikes FD or yoshis. That leaves FD/YI or SV or Lylat. That means you have a 2/3rds chance of getting a stage you like.

Game 2: Opponent bans either FD or yoshis or picto. Either way you have any 2 of those other stages to choose from. Also excluding halberd.

Seems good to me.
FD isn't super great for sonic and it's just flat out bad vs falco, DDD, diddy, snake, IC.

while SV is terrible vs even MORE popular characters (for sonic). so i really only want to play on YI, or FD. so i have 1/3 chance.

while game 2, assuming i LOSE. ;) They ban YI again, and if picto is legal then yeah i have a positive stage choice, otherwise i have to pick a sonic neutral stage that is best for the matchup (which would only be one stage depending on opponents character). so it's just difficult you know. :) but yeah allowing picto relieves alot of the issues with stages sonic would face vs common characters.

however allowing rainbow cruise allows sonic to troll the hell out of MK. :)

MK Counterpicks to Rainbow Cruise.

Sonic:

gallax

Smash Hero
Cant allow RC dice. ANd you need to learn to play on the nuetrals like espy and x and speed have and make them your best stages. Picto is allowed. I dont want to hear any excuses about stages for you not coming.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Cant allow RC dice. ANd you need to learn to play on the nuetrals like espy and x and speed have and make them your best stages. Picto is allowed. I dont want to hear any excuses about stages for you not coming.
Oh i know RC is banned. i have no issue with that as long as picto is allowed. (thank you btw).

And really i tend to ONLY play on neutrals. i'm not claiming any complaints about RC being banned btw. just was stating that Sonic v MK on Rainbow is fun as hell. lol

allowing Rainbow AND brinstar gives MK a free win every match if they play properly.

gallax

Smash Hero
Uhhh wow. Thats like totally in my favor. Lets change it to :ganondorf: vs :snake: and you got urself a deal. Loser takes a shot each time.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
What.

DICE.
You better do some work with ganon or i will be HEAVILY dissapointed.

I've taught you my best.

Remember, grounded side B comboes into jab on snake and MK.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Lies. Dont listen to him.
more importantly when you buffer a down b on landing you have the ability to super jump. :) and ganon can infinitely gain jumps without ever landing. :) and ganon can combo a shnair into up air and then on a read get a down air to up air on MK. lookin at around 80 damage there.

<--- been lookin at ganon stuff

What.

DICE.
You better do some work with ganon or i will be HEAVILY dissapointed.
:) don't forget i did place as well as you did with your mains when i played only ganon. :troll:

_Dice

Smash Ace
Just want to point out that Mike doesn't stand a chance against my ganon with MK. upsidedown tier list FTW.

Renki

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking about it, but probably won't due to lack of practice and anyone inviting me to practice...except Mink.

:awesome:

Edit: GDX at least has an open invite, but it's 40 min away, and he's only free 8:30pm onwards. :I

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Unfortunately, I won't be here. I have a prior engagement with another video game community.

:phone:
8/10

:diddy:

I'll try to drop by there myself. I need a lot of super practice though. I finally found it ..should've just played all day Wednesday instead of what actually happened

2-DJeff

Smash Master
8/10

:diddy:

I'll try to drop by there myself. I need a lot of super practice though. I finally found it ..should've just played all day Wednesday instead of what actually happened

We should all just go to bar fights and have smash setups and celebrate mikes and wills bday there

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I want to do dubs though =/

Ill go to barfights right after since I'm not a drinker

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I want to do dubs though =/

Ill go to barfights right after since I'm not a drinker

We can do dubz training there. The turn out for dubz at gfest will be hrnut and garb, gindler and gallax and you and who ever. Let's just play at bar fights and apple bees after

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
We can do dubz training there. The turn out for dubz at gfest will be hrnut and garb, gindler and gallax and you and who ever. Let's just play at bar fights and apple bees after

lol...fine. ill just go to barfights (sorry gary oak) ill bring a brawl setup so we can put it somewhere so i can play something between myself getting ***** in super

i need to play alot of super tomorrow or saturday morning if im gonna enter the tourney. or at least look at a ****load of vids or something lol

2-DJeff

Smash Master
lol...fine. ill just go to barfights (sorry gary oak) ill bring a brawl setup so we can put it somewhere so i can play something between myself getting ***** in super

i need to play alot of super tomorrow or saturday morning if im gonna enter the tourney. or at least look at a ****load of vids or something lol
Now tell hr black and garb. Gallax go I want maximum training and I want to enter super. I blew off bar fights last month for your event. I don't want to leave you hanging so I rather you go. It will be great to explore another community.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Now tell hr black and garb. Gallax go I want maximum training and I want to enter super. I blew off bar fights last month for your event. I don't want to leave you hanging so I rather you go. It will be great to explore another community.

what, you tell them scrub

Top Bottom