• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gfest 6: Kyonfest!!!! Orlando, FL 07/23/11

gallax

Smash Hero
Sweet. SO depending on how many people show i will decide whether or not 3v3 is happening instead of 2v2's. if there at least 18 people entering doubs then i will do 3v3. If not, then we shall do 2v2's.

And i decided no to distant planet.

gallax

Smash Hero
3v3 Teams!!!

All the rules to double apply unless stated otherwise.

Whichever team wins the match has to switch out one teammate
Loser gets the choice to stay or switch team members

After that they then go back to the the stage and character selection.

Bo5 in non-finals
Bo7 in finals

You have to win 3 games but have to win with every team combination. This means you can win 1000x's before you win the set because you still havent used all 3 team combinations and won with all 3.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
hey can i consult with you on the 3v3 team rules because we should just make them like SSF4 thats what every tourney dose

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Well, Gallax like's doing things that not everyone dose. ie. PTAD.

I peronally am pumped for teams. I think it's going to be awesome.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Well, Gallax like's doing things that not everyone dose. ie. PTAD.

I peronally am pumped for teams. I think it's going to be awesome.
I wasnt talking to you
gallax is making it more difficult than it needs to be with that combination thing

Exdeath

Smash Master
I wasnt talking to you
gallax is making it more difficult than it needs to be with that combination thing
The 3v3 rules are kind of confusing/unfamiliar to me, but I like that he has made it so that a team can't be carried and also gives a higher incentive toward being thoughtful about character strategy.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
The 3v3 rules are kind of confusing/unfamiliar to me, but I like that he has made it so that a team can't be carried and also gives a higher incentive toward being thoughtful about character strategy.
Just get better if you dont wanna get OCVed like foreal if there some1 too good on there team o well they win.

gallax

Smash Hero
Ok so ive been talking with toneh(radix) for the last few days and ive got the rules changed a bit for 3v3s to suit competitiveness.

3v3 Rules

1.) Every set is a bo3 until finals matches which are bo5.
2.) In the finals matches ONLY do you have to win with every team combination
3.) Once you win with a certain team combination you can no longer use that team combination.

CP'ing goes like this:

Losers choose stage
Winners choose team + chars
Losers choose team + chars

And remember, if you win with players A + B you CANNOT use that combination anymore! It has to be B+c or A+ C

Edit: And i will posting the Singles and Team rules in the OP later today.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Ok so ive been talking with toneh(radix) for the last few days and ive got the rules changed a bit for 3v3s to suit competitiveness.

3v3 Rules

1.) Every set is a bo3 until finals matches which are bo5.
2.) In the finals matches ONLY do you have to win with every team combination
3.) Once you win with a certain team combination you can no longer use that team combination.

CP'ing goes like this:

Losers choose stage
Winners choose team + chars
Losers choose team + chars

And remember, if you win with players A + B you CANNOT use that combination anymore! It has to be B+c or A+ C

Edit: And i will posting the Singles and Team rules in the OP later today.
What if you win with all three combinations? What are we left with then?

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I'm legitimately serious. Basically, the rule doesn't say what a team can do after they win 3 sets. A team in said circumstance is gonna have to use a team they already won with.

gallax

Smash Hero
Dtorr im not sure where ur getting at or if ur just missing the obvious.

To win the set when u arent in any finals matches its best of 3. Which means you have to win with 2 combinations for teams. This means that out of the possible 3 team combinations, you only need 2 combinations to win with until you reach WFs/LFs/GFs. You cannot use a team combination that you win with in any more matches in that set. Starting a new set, like lets say the team from losers beat the team that advanced to GFs in the first set. Now its a new set, the last set to be played, which would still be a best of 5. No matches have been played in the second GFs set so any team combination is possible. Now the team that wins the first match CANNOT use that team combination in the next 4 games. If they lose the next match they can retry that same combination they just lost with at any point in the next 3 games, until they win with that comibnation.

Does that help?

@jeff- Stop. We will not use SSF4 rules. The rules I have are solid.

gallax

Smash Hero
I'm legitimately serious. Basically, the rule doesn't say what a team can do after they win 3 sets. A team in said circumstance is gonna have to use a team they already won with.
And to be crystal clear, if a team wins with 3 combinations in a set, that means that they have won 3 matches in the set. Which means they have won the set!!! Haha. Its a bo5 in finals, which is the only time you will have all 3 team combinations being used.

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
hmmm
so if I time out someone...I have to redo the match?

challage: Time out twice >:3

with that, I'll be practicing my dodging skills.

gallax

Smash Hero
OK, so I kinda get it now.

So, with that said, how is the 3v3 gonna work, like Crews or 1 person a stock?
Think of the matches as the exact same settings with doubles. Whats being altered is that you have a 3rd teammate that will play with you eventually. Its 2 teammates vs 2 teammates. Everyone 3 stocks, 8 minutes, no items, TA set to on.

hmmm
so if I time out someone...I have to redo the match?

challage: Time out twice >:3
R we talking singles or doubles? Actually in either case timeouts are still a way to achieve victory.

Top Bottom