• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gfest 6: Kyonfest!!!! Orlando, FL 07/23/11

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
And y would that be kkk?
Cause the con itself was fine. Just the tourney was not so great

That experience shouldn't stop you from going to any other good cons that you come across. Dragoncon was pretty much the most fun weekend I had in 2010 only second to apex cause it was my birthday

(Megacon is booty though unless you want to buy merchandise)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Ill be here gallax. Thanks for having cheaper tournies. Helps on the wallet alot <3. Which is why i dint go to nll last time lol. So what's the ruleset gonna be this time ? :D

Edit:....fml. I just remembered the UCF fresman orientation is on this day... So if i come it'll be for MM/friendlies more than likely. Im pretty sure it lasts too long for me to enter singles T_T

gallax

Smash Hero
Yo chibo! Hows my fellow bbr doing?

Uhhh as for the rule set for this, im still thinking about it. I want it to be something that a lot of people aer going to enjoy.

Im definitely doing something interesting though for how singles is ran though. Its very similar to pools, but it definitely proves who the best is at the tourney.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Yo chibo! Hows my fellow bbr doing?

Uhhh as for the rule set for this, im still thinking about it. I want it to be something that a lot of people aer going to enjoy.

Im definitely doing something interesting though for how singles is ran though. Its very similar to pools, but it definitely proves who the best is at the tourney.
You should elaborate on this for me if i cant go to witness it. I'd like to know your idea.

gallax

Smash Hero
So ive been thinking hard and ive got two changes to this tournament thats different from normal tournies.

1) This entire tournament will be run by pools. No brackets. People will be eliminated each round until the top 5/8 are determined from one pool.

2) Teams will be 3v3. The rules to that will be posted shortly

3) Stages will be based on CEO

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
So ive been thinking hard and ive got two changes to this tournament thats different from normal tournies.

1) This entire tournament will be run by pools. No brackets. People will be eliminated each round until the top 5/8 are determined from one pool.

wait, what? there wont be normal 2vs2 teams?

and that pool thing is gonna take forever. 1 round of pools takes long enough

I suggest, that you still have 2vs2, add 3vs3 as well , and do just 1 rounds of singles pools into a bracket.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
wait, what? there wont be normal 2vs2 teams?

and that pool thing is gonna take forever. 1 round of pools takes long enough

I suggest, that you still have 2vs2, add 3vs3 as well , and do just 1 rounds of singles pools into a bracket.
this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

gallax

Smash Hero
Dont like my rules? Dont come. Thats what im doing. Im also going to hose an amateur bracket for those knocked out of each round.

Edit: I will host a 2v2's and on the side host a small 3v3 side event.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink

That's three things.

gallax

Smash Hero
It is three things, but the stages are not whats really being altered from usual. I put that in there os people wouldnt worry about stages.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Dont like my rules? Dont come. Thats what im doing. Im also going to hose an amateur bracket for those knocked out of each round.

Edit: I will host a 2v2's and on the side host a small 3v3 side event.
Now im sad. I like your mix-ups they funny/fun to watch go through. QQ ill prolly stop by for friendlies for a few hours.

Exdeath

Smash Master

I think that this is a great idea -- both for the sake of practice as well as for actually accuracy.

Top Bottom