• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting the most out of the N/Dair

NNID
Budget_Player
Any decent techs with this? I know if you hit with all of them it's (IIRC) 30%+ with Dair and 40%+ with Nair... any good way to pull them off (all 4 hits) with both players on the ground? AT/Combo?

Lawlmahbawls

Smash Journeyman
Full hop Nair/Dair allows you to get out all of the hits. Just hold the jump button and hit the A button at the same time. You can also double jump nair so that it autocancels. (One of my personal favorite mindgames is to double jump nair into a f-tilt/u-tilt)

Also d-air after a dthrow is too good. Only if you read their roll or if they just lie there.

cycon365

Smash Apprentice
I might be playing against stupid people

but i find people tend to jump over my grenades, So I just use my Nair to make up for a wasted grenade

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
They aren't so great at racking damage -- since they're multihit your opponent can SDI out.

I'd say the main priority with these two is hitting your opponent with the last hit (really good knockback).

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Full hop Nair/Dair allows you to get out all of the hits. Just hold the jump button and hit the A button at the same time. You can also double jump nair so that it autocancels. (One of my personal favorite mindgames is to double jump nair into a f-tilt/u-tilt)

Also d-air after a dthrow is too good. Only if you read their roll or if they just lie there.
QFT.

10char

You can also try to nair out of cypher if your opponent is trying to intercept and you might be able to catch them off guard and land all the hits.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Full hop nair is a great edgeguard. Leave a grenade right on the edge, and full hop nair as they're getting up. The grenade forces them off since they'll get stage spiked if they stay.

If they use a get up attack, it'll go under you. If they just get up, they eat the last hit of nair. If they jump up, they eat the whole thing. If they roll, they're behind you with too much lag to punish. If they just jump away, the situation resets.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Full hop nair is a great edgeguard. Leave a grenade right on the edge, and full hop nair as they're getting up. The grenade forces them off since they'll get stage spiked if they stay.

If they use a get up attack, it'll go under you. If they just get up, they eat the last hit of nair. If they jump up, they eat the whole thing. If they roll, they're behind you with too much lag to punish. If they just jump away, the situation resets.
To expand on this, if you drop the grenade right at your feet and full hop nair, you'll pick it up as you nair. If the nair hits, it launches them away. Your grenade has already been cooked, and it's in your hands, so go ahead and throw it at them for a nice finish.

Panix

Smash Ace
I also find that Using the ledge tech with a nair while fading backwards connects most if not all hits, I've KO'd my friends from the ledge just by jumping down, fading back, and using nair.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Double jumped nair is also great for extra platform pressure on stages like battlefield

and it ***** shields pretty good too

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
Jab->Dair I hear is useful, I don't use it myself that much.

For Nair, d-tilt->Nair usually works great at lower percents.

DUB

Smash Lord
Never tried the jab to dair.

I need to try to get more nair/dairs in. awesome damage builders/killers.

The only time I really use the dair is OoS or after a spot dodge which I think works fine.

Zezima0123

Smash Apprentice
Double jumped nair is also great for extra platform pressure on stages like battlefield

and it ***** shields pretty good too
Yeah Battlefield is like Snake's Battlefield..IMO that's the best stage with Snake considering the platforms and such it can really screw up a opponent (Captain Falcon) <-- But can't any character **** this low tier son of a *****?

Johnny Pteran

Smash Journeyman
Something about the Nair I use sometimes:

The opponent knocks you off, so you recover and grab the ledge. If an opponent (presumably a nooby one) stands right on the edge of the platform intending to edgeguard you, fall down, immediately jump, and do a Nair. All 4 hits will hit them. Note that this only works if they're standing on the edge, and most experienced players know not to do that.

Top Bottom