• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

getting sick of this lol...

Royta

Smash Journeyman
Everytime I use Ike, and lose, I get the "yeah you lost and you even used Ike lol..." and stuff like that. While I'm fighting Snakes, Metaknights, Dedede's and Wolfs.
I know Ike looks strong and 'overpowered' when you start the game but its getting annoying that people always think Ike is SOOOO OVERPOWERED while he's not, he's got a huge share of weaknesses.

Anyone else having this constantly thrown at him:p? Just curious (and had to vent some of it:p)
And someone know some 'counterarguments' that people will listen too:p?

Atsu

Smash Ace
Everytime I use Ike, and lose, I get the "yeah you lost and you even used Ike lol..." and stuff like that. While I'm fighting Snakes, Metaknights, Dedede's and Wolfs.
I know Ike looks strong and 'overpowered' when you start the game but its getting annoying that people always think Ike is SOOOO OVERPOWERED while he's not, he's got a huge share of weaknesses.

Anyone else having this constantly thrown at him:p? Just curious (and had to vent some of it:p)
People are ignorant. You just have to deal with it.

Royta

Smash Journeyman
true, it stays annoying still:p
I usually just say that his horrizontal recovery blows and he's easily juggled. The usuall response is "HIS SMAHSEZ A ZO STRUNG!" which you can barley read :p

XACE-K

Smash Master
Tell them what you're going to do. Say "I going to charge my f-smash". If they walk towards you while they do that say "You're an idiot".

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
These people must be really dumb, Ike is one of the easiest people to fight against if you know how to punish his moves correctly.

Royta

Smash Journeyman
hehe couldn't agree more on that:p
He's pretty much, looking 'tierwise', on the same spot Roy was in Melee. Which I don't care about since I mained Bowser and Roy in Melee.

Glad to say btw that I finally beat the **** out of him =] (well...****...I won lets keep it at that :p)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
There is a place for Ike complaints, it's called foreigners coming to the Ike forums calling him cheap when there are so many ways around this guy, he may be a buff dude but power sacrifices speed sadly.

smashfriend

Smash Rookie

yes ike does have a share of weakness hes one of my best fighters too

Calm101

Smash Rookie
Ike has weaknesses, but that doesn't change the fact that he still kicks *** and if you play porperly he's not easy to fight against at all..

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Ike has weaknesses, but that doesn't change the fact that he still kicks *** and if you play porperly he's not easy to fight against at all..
...You need to be schooled.

Ike is slow, and cant deal with projectiles very well. Sounds kinda ****ing easy to fight to me.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
That is one of the most naive yet common responses I see on the boards. Ike may be a powerhouse, but he lacks speed and recovery skill. That much is known by all players who at least gave the character a test run.

Players that are completely overwhelmed by an weilded by a low ranked casual player should just go trade the game for something that would match their level of intellect. Perhaps some Dora the Explorer, but then again I feel that it maybe too much for their simple minds to comprehend.

Overall, players that stick to the mindset that particular characters are gods for n00bish reasons, then they shouldn't bother playing at all. Maybe if they see their so-called god fall before them, maybe then they can see the reallity of it all.

Sorry for making it seem so harsh, though it's probably nothing in comparison to most others.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
That is one of the most naive yet common responses I see on the boards. Ike may be a powerhouse, but he lacks speed and recovery skill. That much is known by all players who at least gave the character a test run.

Players that are completely overwhelmed by an weilded by a low ranked casual player should just go trade the game for something that would match their level of intellect. Perhaps some Dora the Explorer, but then again I feel that it maybe too much for their simple minds to comprehend.

Overall, players that stick to the mindset that particular characters are gods for n00bish reasons, then they shouldn't bother playing at all. Maybe if they see their so-called god fall before them, maybe then they can see the reallity of it all.

Sorry for making it seem so harsh, though it's probably nothing in comparison to most others.
well, i'm not defending him, or well maybe i am, but his statement didn't say Ike was amazing but instead said at least he can put up a fight. he didn't say Ike is the greatest. He is acknowledging that Ike has things against him, but he can still work around it.

Royta

Smash Journeyman
Ike is a wonderfull character in my opinion, he's strong, has some fast moves. But he also has tons of weaknesses that sometimes overshadow his good sides if you're fighting a guy that knows Ike too.

Someone that has never used Ike will always think he is good, but after a good Metaknight ****** he'll probably think otherwise.
Ike is imo, one of the more mindgame demanding characters. Kinda like Roy and Bowser in Melee I think to make a comparison. He is by far not the Falco or Marth from Melee that people make him out to be.

ynnek123

Smash Ace
OMG U LOSE WITH IKE? LOL n00b hez da best carectur!!!

On a serious note thoug, these topics are getting annoying...what's the deal with everyone thing ike is so good? Maybe you're spamming fsmash, noobs cand stand his Fsmash =p

Zanoske

Smash Journeyman
OMG U LOSE WITH IKE? LOL n00b hez da best carectur!!!
Okay heres the deal guys, if you see something like the words written on this quote.

GRAB CAPTAIN FALCON AND KNEE THEM IN THE EFFING FACE!

his knee caps are like stronger than the god of lightning.

I hope this helps everyone dealing with these kinda problems.

Royta

Smash Journeyman
hehe I hardly use his Fsmash (though I sometimes lean to use it as edge guard).
And I didn't say anyone here thought he was the Falco of Melee, but some people I know tend to view him in that perspective.
My main point here is that a lot of people still view Ike as broken whereas he is more broken in a bad way (such as vertical recovery and extreme weaknesses against fast opponents, atleast to my knowledge).

When I lost to a Snake and told my friend, he started laughing speaking that Ike is too powerfull and it served me right that I lost.
Also @ the people who are getting annoyed by topics like this, don't read them then. It was just a topic created to see if other people experienced things like this, not to start flame wars going around. Free world free topics, better then inb4landmaster i'd say :p

Zanoske

Smash Journeyman
hehe I hardly use his Fsmash (though I sometimes lean to use it as edge guard).
And I didn't say anyone here thought he was the Falco of Melee, but some people I know tend to view him in that perspective.
My main point here is that a lot of people still view Ike as broken whereas he is more broken in a bad way (such as vertical recovery and extreme weaknesses against fast opponents, atleast to my knowledge).

When I lost to a Snake and told my friend, he started laughing speaking that Ike is too powerfull and it served me right that I lost.
Also @ the people who are getting annoyed by topics like this, don't read them then. It was just a topic created to see if other people experienced things like this, not to start flame wars going around. Free world free topics, better then inb4landmaster i'd say :p
Just ignore those ignorant noobs about them still calling Ike broken. Obviously they are outdated and you should update them WHY Ike is not broken and has weaknesses. If your friend is still ignorant and won't listen?

Zanoske said:
GRAB CAPTAIN FALCON AND KNEE THEM IN THE EFFING FACE!
If you don't want to do this, I understand, and I hope captain falcon does too. What i suggest is getting Meta Knight and abuse his nado, side-B, everything that he cant avoid and after the match and you win? Laugh and tell him, NOW THATS BROKEN YOU ******.

Royta

Smash Journeyman
Just ignore those ignorant noobs about them still calling Ike broken. Obviously they are outdated and you should update them WHY Ike is not broken and has weaknesses. If your friend is still ignorant and won't listen?

If you don't want to do this, I understand, and I hope captain falcon does too. What i suggest is getting Meta Knight and abuse his nado, side-B, everything that he cant avoid and after the match and you win? Laugh and tell him, NOW THATS BROKEN YOU ******.

Maybe I can convince him to use Ike while I'll use MK against him, maybe that will convince him:p

Top Bottom