• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting In The Green November 13th, 2010 Ft: Dr PeePee RESULTS IN OP

0Room

Smash Lord
That was me. That set against karn was definitely the hypest set I've ever played. So fun.
That definitely was fun

Chris and I stopped our set to watch that match

Had to run over there and commentate
And by commentate I mean
scream loudly into the microphone

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Id like to go ahead and say to everyone that im sorry for not being there on the mic more tonight, i had a headace and was just not feeling it.

The guy who took my place was definitely new. Soooo my bad there.

Fire G

Smash Rookie
Fun Tourney Chris.

Good thing we didn't play in the doubles bracket, me and 0Room would have gotten ****ed up.

Sucks that my first match was Karn in the singles, had no chance of winning, simply had to hope for the Falcon Punch to mind game my way through.

Commentating was fun as hell, especially during the Vzakat (Roy) vs. Karn (Fox) second round. Best match I've ever seen.

0Room

Smash Lord
Very much so. I don't make any excuses for that.
But it's just for fun, so I enjoyed myself.

I like commentating because I always know what to do, just don't have the personal tech skill to pull it off.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
good **** with hosting this tournament, it was nice until the bull**** with the venue happened. me and david scurried out of their before that happened though.

speaking of which, I think this tournament has sparked a rivalry between karn and david.

0Room

Smash Lord
good **** with hosting this tournament, it was nice until the bull**** with the venue happened. me and david scurried out of their before that happened though.
What happened? I keep hearing people talking about it, but no one really knows.

Fire G

Smash Rookie
Id like to go ahead and say to everyone that im sorry for not being there on the mic more tonight, i had a headace and was just not feeling it.

If you're talking about me then my bad dude. I've commentated stuff before, just not smash (and I'm not a smash pro either). I thought my commentary was decently full of the tactics they were using and what each should probably do to counter that.

speaking of which, I think this tournament has sparked a rivalry between karn and david.
Most definitely, that match needs to be uploaded now so we can all re-watch it in it's glory.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
What happened? I keep hearing people talking about it, but no one really knows.
the people in the dorms next to the student center got mad about the noise, and called the cops. the people who I guess "run" the student center were like "lololol we have power you guys need to leave by 11."

0Room

Smash Lord
the people in the dorms next to the student center got mad about the noise, and called the cops. the people who I guess "run" the student center were like "lololol we have power you guys need to leave by 11."
Gotcha.
Did we finish singles or no?

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
If you're talking about me then my bad dude. I've commentated stuff before, just not smash (and I'm not a smash pro either). I thought my commentary was decently full of the tactics they were using and what each should probably do to counter that.

Most definitely, that match needs to be uploaded now so we can all re-watch it in it's glory.
Nothing personal against you or anything im glad someone Did it.

Commentary is a pivotal part of competitive melee IMO

i just normally do it and everyone started to Expect it from me now, Im glad BEHR was in there for his bit, hes decent.

Didnt listen to too much of yours but at the next tourney if youd like i could definitely give you some pointers perhaps, I also used to commentate sports games for a public access channel for my high school, the transition to smash was natural.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
singles was finished at malks place.

by that time i was so out of it that i don't exactly know what happened. my laptop got left here, and i wasn't paying too much attention to what was going on. it seems as if the players involved know what was left in the bracket, and played it out accordingly. however i think it was:

1. PP
2. Yay
3. Twitch
4. Josh
5. Karn
5. Cam

that is what i THINK happened. i have no true idea what was going on, as after josh beat cam, me sneak cam and rohan were playing amazing *** teams for the rest of the tourney more or less.

i'm sorry for how this turned out. everything was amazing until about 9:30. i really thought we would've been completely safe from all kicking out until midnight. but we couldn't even make it to 10:30. The heat is off of me, and i don't think i'll get in trouble in the least. this venue was amazing, and props to matt for having the equipment, and zakat for having the baller *** roy to make some of the hypest (NC) matches i've heard in a while. Good **** to all who came for making this an awesome tourney.

side note: i don't think i'm ever doing this again. ROFL.

Fire G

Smash Rookie
Nothing personal against you or anything im glad someone Did it.

Commentary is a pivotal part of competitive melee IMO

i just normally do it and everyone started to Expect it from me now, Im glad BEHR was in there for his bit, hes decent.

Didnt listen to too much of yours but at the next tourney if youd like i could definitely give you some pointers perhaps, I also used to commentate sports games for a public access channel for my high school, the transition to smash was natural.
Yeah, Commentary adds an extra layer to the games. I watch a ton of SSF gameplay from tourneys and the best matches are ones with Commentary, whether it's funny or informative.

Yeah, next time there's a tourney in an area I can get to we can sit down and talk about commentary. Maybe you could come up to our usuals here at ASU.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well i just can't here. like...i can't.

maybe i'll try to host in the EUC. but that would require jumping through some serious hoops i think. i'll see about it. if i do that though, its gotta be hyped, and i'll actually have to collect venue fee, cuz i doubt itd be free.

Fire G

Smash Rookie
side note: i don't think i'm ever doing this again. ROFL.
****. ASU will take up the torch Chris. Me and 0Room can get everything together either at one of the convention halls in the Student Union (most likely without charge).

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Police kick us out, and I have 9 people at my house.
Plur took Snap and Rhiannon's sleeping spot.
Josh took Kevin's sleeping bag.

I find this mad unacceptable to just take, but whatever.
Kevin's in my bed and theres no longer a single spot to sleep in my whole house.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
oh **** really?
I didn't know, I just heard about Rhiannon talking to you about it.
I mean I really can't *****, I just want people to not be upset.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
I mean, rhiannon talked about them having a spot on the couch, I just thought it was a different spot so I moved to another end and tried to curl up to take up as little space as I could.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Either way

[Johns]I played terribly more or less throughout this entire tournament.[/johns]

Anyways, good matches to everyone I played. I hope you guys didn't get too annoyed with me being frustrated with myself. I'll try to keep it inside next time.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
rest oos shield poke at that. that would only happen to me, and only at the end of a beautifully spaced set like that. ah well. thats how this game works lol.

SO. i looked at the room reservation fees for hosting in the EUC.

There will be a getting in the green 2: **** the police.

it needs to be twice as hype as this.

and the venue fee will actually need to be paid.

but it will pretty much be another amazing event, without the bull**** of dealing with RA's, or police.

expect this to be held maybe 3 weeks after pound 5.

0Room

Smash Lord
boone people: thanks for coming out. I hope you guys will be able to make it to more events.

0room: I love your hair, want to trade?

overall, this was a really fun event, and a good way to transition into ROM next week. I'm proud of you NC, we are getting good, and really competitive as a state.
1) Everyone I brought with me really had a lot of fun and want to keep going to these tournaments, so shout out to Bl@ckChris for hosting an awesome tourney.

2) Not particularly, no, but I appreciate it.
I know you didn't really get to see me play, or have seen me play before, but I did a lot better than I thought I was going to. Switching from Falcon to Fox'll do that, I suppose.

3) I totally agree, I remember Josh writing an entire essay about holding the next big tournament here in NC, and how we have one of the best smash scenes in the US. I totally agree. Not just as a competitive side, but it's just lots of fun to go and see everyone again and again. As I said before Karn and Chris started their match, NC is really just a big family.

But everyone here knows that already.
So just a shoutout to you guys for making tournies so **** fun.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i can't explain why, but i thoroughly enjoyed hosting this, and i want to host more.

i believe GITG 2 can, will, and should be the next big NC tourney.

but as you all know, i CERTAINLY cannot host it alone.

to that end, i'd like to have those that are interested, to assist me to making it a solid event, with upwards of 50 entrants.

after ROM3, i will probably start putting some serious effort into carving out the details.

NC, you are amazing. You make me want to host these.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
chris, hosting MM?

my next event vs your next event, winner gets $10? :awesome:

emb1234

Smash Apprentice
I'm really glad no one got in trouble. And that things got finished, for that matter.

Thanks, everyone that played me. I really enjoyed it.

Next one sounds ****.

Top Bottom