• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Schooled! - 3rd Semester - The training course for SIIS6! $5 entry!

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
I've been throwing matches waaaaaay before it was frowned upon, like that one I threw to Gio at GSS.... Yet he still lost.... how is he PR'd? :yeahboi:

fZk

Smash Lord
I didn't know about this. Not sure if Kevin is still in EL and going to this but I'm gonna try to find a way to get there. I may need housing Saturday night if I decide to bus.

What's the cop situation? You know what happened at the last Mason Hall tourneys.

Also, I will need a teammate. Anybody?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
The last time people decided to meet up at Mason Hall, they got kicked out because they stayed past 10-11 and did not reserve the room. Neither of these apply here. I'd rather pay 60 bucks to be cop proof than risk it. We'll be fine.

fZk

Smash Lord
I agree. I'm assuming they gave you some paperwork or something right? Cops may still show up asking around and may ask to see a permit or something.

I don't doubt that we'll be out of there way before anything like that happens but just asking.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I dont get why they didnt pay the $60 before, its not like there wasnt a venue fee.....i thought that the venue fee was for that, but it didnt go towards it?

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Some people are probly gonna take offense to this but I've always suspected/knew that venue fees got pocketed, part of the reason i don't enter tourneys

fZk

Smash Lord
I don't mind the TO pocketing a little money for their trouble but endangering the whole tourney by not taking the necessary precautions to make sure the tourney runs smoothly are inexcusable. That's why I applaud Tech for having everything in order for this one, especially in a venue that has proven problematic in the past.

ZTD | TECHnology

@fZk: Thanks. I will always take every precaution I can to ensure the tournament goes smoothly.

@HarmS: Though I understand what you're saying you need to realize that TOing is generally doing charity work. These are people giving up their day and often times their free time at the tournament to ensure the enjoyment factor of everyone else.(if you're doing it right) Its not easy. All the planning you have to do..its almost like a job. So in all honestly if there is extra money left over, I wouldnt blame the TO for taking it.

However, I am different. I'll always be willing to make those sacrifices. Truth is, I have more than 12 people attend and pay venue then I'll have extra money. I had plans to toss that money into the pot for singles or doubles or have a free side event with the payouts coming from the extra cash. I will ALWAYS go the extra mile for anyone who attends my tournaments. I dont need to pocket extra cash, I'm comfortable with my income. I'm just speaking for myself.

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
No I think TOs should be able to keep some of the money, any that is left over after the paying for cost of reserving the venue and such. I can only imagine how much work it is, that is why I really would not have any interest in it, seems like sooo much work, plus it would be sooooooo hectic if you also entered the tourney.

Also, I wanna do doubles, but do not have a teammate at this point. Anyone?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I dont get why they didnt pay the $60 before, its not like there wasnt a venue fee.....i thought that the venue fee was for that, but it didnt go towards it?
Some people are probly gonna take offense to this but I've always suspected/knew that venue fees got pocketed, part of the reason i don't enter tourneys
You obviously don't realize that there are a ton of expenses for me to pay for that STILL haven't been paid off yet even with all the UM Triweekly venue fees so far.

~$110 for the diag board placement + materials, which runs through September 2011

~$60 for the website domain name, UMSmash.com, which runs through May 2012 ($5 per month for a minimum of 12 months)

~$50 in flyers for the first event, these things are not cheap, like, at all

~$40 in TO materials that I usually have to buy every time because people ALWAYS lose things at my tourneys, including clipboards, pencils, even **** like batteries for the bullhorn from GSS.

+$60 every time we reserve the venue, which has been every tourney but one, and the cops just happened to show up that one time.

Diag Boards: http://www.umich.edu/~sorc/adprices.html

Website Domain Name: http://order.1and1.com/xml/order/In...051B4D34A788413AFAF9FC939E.TCpfix141b?__frame

Flyers: http://www.fedex.com/us/office/copyprint/brochures/flyers.html

Venue Rental: http://www.lsa.umich.edu/UMICH/lsa_...Reservation Procedures for LSA Facilities.pdf

Stop being ignorant...

EDIT: BYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

oh my god i just died imagining rob screaming his post out loud then yelling BEEEYAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW

juggleguy:

hot arms' reaction:

lain at the bar after turning 21:

me after pimpin some fine young hos:

that is all.

ZTD | TECHnology

Gio has won this thread...rofl.

Also I am bringing back the old school tradition and taking pictures of the top placing teams/players in the OP of the results thread. So keep it pimpin' that day.

:cool:

JonathantheMeSa

Smash Journeyman
I really wanted to put the gif of 'Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a *****?!?!' but I don't really know how nor feel like taking 10 seconds out of my life to google it real quick. So for now all I will say is.... 'Is Wayne Brady gonna hafta choke a *****?'

ZTD | TECHnology

So two things:

1. I think I want to have a free side event with payout. If I do it will actually be before doubles. The reason for that is that it will motivate people to come out early and possibly enter doubles as well. Plus I will have extra cash if I get more than 12 people that pay venue. I think we can manage that.

2. Who wants to get ****ed up after the tournament?

And .......

You may put in your replies of joy now.

:phone:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'm still lookin for a teammate Kyle. I had a bunch of fun teamming at SiiS5 and I wouldn't mind doing it again :)

Top Bottom