• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I remember spending hours upon hours upon hours trying beating the Boss Mode on intense difficulty. It was the last achievement I needed to 100% the game too and I refused to use ANY of my hammers. And of course, Tabuu was the one that would give me the most trouble. I beat it with Toon Link. lol
I did the same, refused to use a single hammer. I guess you could say using the hammers was "taboo"...

...have a good night everyone.

PokiehlthePoet

Smash Apprentice
I remember spending hours upon hours upon hours trying beating the Boss Mode on intense difficulty. It was the last achievement I needed to 100% the game too and I refused to use ANY of my hammers. And of course, Tabuu was the one that would give me the most trouble. I beat it with Toon Link. lol
Years ago, we all fought together in spirit, engaged in the collective Tabuu conflict.
Working to destroy Tabuu just for being the main boss in a smash game where Isaacs an AT. Then years later when the forces of nonsense would threaten to condemn Isaac to being an AT again, destiny would call upon us to gather in a SmashBoards thread so the battle may be continued....

or uhhh....what...

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Years ago, we all fought together in spirit, engaged in the collective Tabuu conflict.
Working to destroy Tabuu just for being the main boss in a smash game where Isaacs an AT. Then years later when the forces of nonsense would threaten to condemn Isaac to being an AT again, destiny would call upon us to gather in a SmashBoards thread so the battle may be continued....

or uhhh....what...
will it end in our favor though?

PokiehlthePoet

Smash Apprentice
will it end in our favor though?
I wholeheartedly believe we shall achieve victory!!! (I really do, ballot favorites being added left and right is almost as strong a hint as the rath pic imo)

Our force is strong! And our numbers grow along with our conviction! To war!!!! Spam the internet with Isaac content! Leave no website un-spammed!! Flame the non-believers!! (dont do that) Report any Isaac deserters immediatly!! Find the leakers who say Isaacs an AT and factually dismantle that heathen!!!

...what am I saying

Last edited:

PokiehlthePoet

Smash Apprentice
Your right. I shall cosplay as Isaac and seppuku myself on top of a building to simultaneously redeem myself and to let the world know....just how far....HAHAHA oh my goodness that wouldnt even be cool...

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I will try to contribute to that Isaac spam you talking about after November 10th since I go free of a con I am going! I can wait to see how the internet explodes with gorgeous renditions when Isaac get's announced

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
"An evil spirit grips TappyBat!"

Dont despair Tappy, Sakurai will cure you soon.
Oh, hey, the Tret fight! IIRC, you can actually put this off until after you have Mia in your party, and if you do, Tret's stats will be increased to compensate for your larger party.

PokiehlthePoet

Smash Apprentice
Oh, hey, the Tret fight! IIRC, you can actually put this off until after you have Mia in your party, and if you do, Tret's stats will be increased to compensate for your larger party.
Hey thats actually...amazing.. cause Im planning on replaying GS1 soon and the whole Tret segment is one of my favorite parts. I've never fought his buffed version with Mia there so that should be interesting.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah on my Wii U playthrough of the game I actually did this. I bypassed Kolima Forest and went to Mercury Lighthouse first before battling Tret. I didn't know he had higher stats, but I'm not surprised.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
I'm bored...

Anyway, what would be a good Victory Theme and Victory Animations for Isaac?

Vasculio

Smash Cadet
If... Isaac doesn't make the main roster, Nintendo would be foolish to deny us him as DLC. However... I really am hopeful for Isaac inclusion.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Do you think Nintendo would try to pull misdirection by leaking all these other characters just to try to pull a fast one by revealing someone "unexpected"? I wouldn't put it past them. Bamboozles have happened before.

PokiehlthePoet

Smash Apprentice
I'm bored...

For the theme, Im hoping for the regular victory fanfare. Golden Suns victory fanfare is amazing imo

Animations hmmm...
A djinni floats up to Isaac and he gives it a high five and then puts his hands on his hips and smiles (LOL JK xD)

Maybe he would "set" a djinn to himself at the end of the fight? You would hear that little sound you hear when they re-charge as you wander the world map.

Maybe he could sheathe his sword with psynergy? :o So it just floats back in the sheath (feel like this one would have to be done just right or might look corny)

The teleport spell maybe? All the colored balls will fly around and Isaac will dissappear from the victory screen.

I think Isaac simply casting "Cure" on himself at the results screen would be pretty cool.

Man I actually can't wait to see what they're gunna be now.

Last edited:

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
Do you think Nintendo would try to pull misdirection by leaking all these other characters just to try to pull a fast one by revealing someone "unexpected"? I wouldn't put it past them. Bamboozles have happened before.
I kinda hope that's the case with Ken... But would they really bother to model a face, make a portrait and give him a specific pose just for to throw us off?

JIrish780

Smash Rookie
Hello there! I'm a Shantae thread lurker, coming in to say I hope you guys get Isaac in the game. From what little I know of Golden Sun, his moveset potential looks to be exceptional, and it would be very nice to see another new Nintendo franchise represented in Smash. Besides, a bunch of you have come to visit our thread, so it's only fair that the favor is returned, right? Best of luck, guys and gals!

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I'm bored...

A faster version of the first 13 seconds. It's Isaac's Lighthouse and the theme itself sounds triumphant.
He could use Sand to go towards the screen or do that pose where he raises his arms while shaking the earth or sit on the ground while petting a Djinn or one jumps around him.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I'm bored...

Either The Victory Fanfare theme or the "To Be Continued" theme. Both work for me.

So many possibilities on victory animations. I hope that the Venus djinn, Flint is involved. One that I do want him to do is use his Psynergy hand as a chair. That would be hilarious!

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I'm bored...

The classic victory fanfare is the most obvious choice and it'd be cool if it lingers like Cloud's victory theme. For victory animations I'd love them to focus on the djinn and his sweet psynergy skills

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
I think a version of this would be a good Victory Theme.

As cool as this would be, I'd say it would be a crime to not add the original victory theme of the game.

By the way, I have a question regarding trademarks, let's say Isaac is in the game and playable, would they need to renew the trademark before making the assets or simply renew it before revealing him?

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
As cool as this would be, I'd say it would be a crime to not add the original victory theme of the game.

By the way, I have a question regarding trademarks, let's say Isaac is in the game and playable, would they need to renew the trademark before making the assets or simply renew it before revealing him?
Golden Sun was renewed this year.

ZelDan

Smash Master
The first time I ever played Golden Sun I actually did go to Mercury Lighthouse and got Mia before going to Tret, since I kinda just ended up going in Mercury Lighthouse's direction instead of where tret is. I don't think I actually completed Mercury Lighthouse before Tret since I got stuck on something there and decided to leave and explore elsewhere (eventually running into Tret), but yeah I had Mia with me.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord

By the way, I have a question regarding trademarks, let's say Isaac is in the game and playable, would they need to renew the trademark before making the assets or simply renew it before revealing him?[
Golden Sun was renewed this year.
It was also renewed twice within the ten year period which is really interesting and suspicious

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace

Typically companies renew trademarks before they expire, when they decide to amend something, or before they have plans to announce something regarding the property.

Right now we’re hoping it’s the third option, but it’s just as likely the second or maybe even both, who knows?

Shin F.

Smash Master
I remember all the "good times" I had as a kid trying to beat boss rush on intense difficulty and always dying to tabuu lol. Only ended up beating it once and with zss

I'd personally like tabuu to come back, but only as a minor boss. I'm more interested in a new design for the final boss
I only beat it legitimately with three characters. I tried so hard with Charizard because of Rock Smash's insane damage, but ultimately the first character I won with was Sonic, followed later by Fox and Toon Link.

CrocoLoco

Smash Rookie
NNID
CrocoLoco
Hello!
How do i join?
I'm a new user and that stuff
Isaac is one of my most wanted so...

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Hello!
How do i join?
I'm a new user and that stuff
Isaac is one of my most wanted so...
Welcome to the thread! You can show your support for Isaac however you'd like, feel free to mention anything you want about golden sun or smash

Smash news has been dry recently so we're still waiting on a direct announcement and stuff

PokiehlthePoet

Smash Apprentice
Out of all the newcomers so far, who is everyone most hype for? For me it was the Belmont duo.
After that probably Ridley. Almost more so for what it meant in terms of possibilty.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Out of all the newcomers so far, who is everyone most hype for? For me it was the Belmont duo.
After that probably Ridley. Almost more so for what it meant in terms of possibilty.
Chrom or K. Rool. Simon would probably have been up there, but he got leaked to hell.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
For me it's ridley>dark samus>belmonts>k rool>inklings>daisy>chrom>isabelle

Ridley and dark samus are the ones I was genuinely hyped for in their reveals. I didn't consider myself much of a k rool or Simon fan but I'm actually really glad they're in and excited to try them out

Havent played splatoon but Inklings are cool, daisy>peach, and chrom and isabelle were just meh inclusions to me. Nothing against them but I personally wasn't hyped

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I remember all the "good times" I had as a kid trying to beat boss rush on intense difficulty and always dying to tabuu lol. Only ended up beating it once and with zss

I'd personally like tabuu to come back, but only as a minor boss. I'm more interested in a new design for the final boss
Only ever beat boss rush twice, once as Samus, and once as Roy.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Uh-oh. I just saw this in the General Speculation thread...

Suddenly, new franchises look a lot less likely.

Last edited:

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I wholeheartedly believe we shall achieve victory!!! (I really do, ballot favorites being added left and right is almost as strong a hint as the rath pic imo)

Our force is strong! And our numbers grow along with our conviction! To war!!!! Spam the internet with Isaac content! Leave no website un-spammed!! Flame the non-believers!! (dont do that) Report any Isaac deserters immediatly!! Find the leakers who say Isaacs an AT and factually dismantle that heathen!!!

...what am I saying
They shall be blinded by the sun's brillance, and all naysayers shall be consumed by the golden light.

Top Bottom