• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Plot twist tabuu is marx in his final form

Speaking of tabuu, do you guys think he's coming making a comeback in ultimate?
Personally, I don't think so (I am not opposed to the idea though). I think that they are more likely to create a new final boss.
Smash 64: Master Hand, Smash Melee: Crazy Hand, Smash Brawl: Tabuu, Smash 4: Master Core, Smash Ultimate: ???

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I feel like the five unknown stages are giving me more hope than the Rathalos tweet for Isaac at this point.

Even if we factor in Incineroar and Geno getting a stage that would leave us with three more stages.

Personally I think the only plausible new stage not connected to a new character would be a stage based on Yoshi's Crafted World because of it's name not being officially announced at the time of the August direct (and even then I have my doubts that they would create a stage for a game that isn't even out yet...not even in Japan.)

So even with that it would leave two more stages.

We've already had 103 out of 108 stages revealed, that's already a huge amount and it definitely paints a picture of there being something notable about the remaining five stages.

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
The best

Personally, I don't think so (I am not opposed to the idea though). I think that they are more likely to create a new final boss.
Smash 64: Master Hand, Smash Melee: Crazy Hand, Smash Brawl: Tabuu, Smash 4: Master Core, Smash Ultimate: ???
I remember all the "good times" I had as a kid trying to beat boss rush on intense difficulty and always dying to tabuu lol. Only ended up beating it once and with zss

I'd personally like tabuu to come back, but only as a minor boss. I'm more interested in a new design for the final boss

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Plot twist the final boss is Isaac. He’s been Master Hand and Crazy Hand this entire time.
Hahaha no. Only Andross has the brains (and the massive floating hands) to claim the throne of Final Destination terrorize Smash Bros. rule Smash Bros. rule the Spirits of the fallen.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
https://vocaroo.com/i/s1d2tYaSWsW9

Pretty sure you guys have heard this already but I thought i'd post anyways. It's most likely a fake but cool nevertheless. It's depicts the audio for Isaac's reveal trailer which oddly enough has Felix' theme lol. Unless it was the segway part of the trailer where it reveals Echo Felix (which would be immensely hype mind you).

The music at the start reminds me of Rooftop Rampage from Crash Twinsanity. I want the fake leaker guy to come out and post the entire remix because it sounds lit.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Pretty sure you guys have heard this already but I thought i'd post anyways. It's most likely a fake but cool nevertheless. It's depicts the audio for Isaac's reveal trailer which oddly enough has Felix' theme lol. Unless it was the segway part of the trailer where it reveals Echo Felix (which would be immensely hype mind you).

The music at the start reminds me of Rooftop Rampage from Crash Twinsanity. I want the fake leaker guy to come out and post the entire remix because it sounds lit.
Interesting! This is a first I've heard of it. It sounds more like a reveal to Felix than Isaac. Probably a transition to Felix. Nice find!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Interesting! This is a first I've heard of it. It sounds more like a reveal to Felix than Isaac. Probably a transition to Felix. Nice find!
Yeah i'm thinking a transition to Felix after Isaac's part is all shown off. I'd imagine this would be the part where Felix comes out of nowhere, removes his mask, and the camera zooms in to him and he does his pose.

Of course it's most likely fake but it's still nice. I found it in the Official Smash Discussion thread.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038

It sounds like that could be an official smash direct. Although it could most likely be fake, since Nintendo really wants to keep this game leak-free.

Last edited:

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice

Source music found.

https://soundcloud.com/dew-2/golden-sun-felixs-battle-theme

Leak confirmed fake.

hustler713

Smash Apprentice

I didn't hear this remix yet. COULD be an official one just in terms of quality.

The Sound effects sound straight up ripped from the Gba Games. Not that i would be surprised if this was the case, but to me it just sounds too rough.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That's a shame but at least there's a link to the remix which I thought is great.
I didn't hear this remix yet. COULD be an official one just in terms of quality.
The Sound effects sound straight up ripped from the Gba Games. Not that i would be surprised if this was the case, but to me it just sounds too rough.
It sounds like that could be an official smash direct. Although it could most likely be fake, since Nintendo really wants to keep this game leak-free.
Yeah but it was confirmed fake as the remix is from Soundcloud.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, I'll just preface that I don't believe this is real, but at the very least it's a good topic of conversation.

The clip claims to be an exert from the Golden Sun rep reveal trailer. For those not initiated, it uses the remixed version of Felix's Battle Theme (leading some to suggest that it would be for his introduction as an Echo, ala Richter) and the GS Sound effect from the Unleash "Megiddo" which came from Felix's weapon, the Sol Blade.

Of note, I have not been able to find this particular remix of Felix's theme anywhere. It could exist, but I've yet to find it.

It's probably fake, but at the very least it's an interesting fake. Audio leaks are very unusual.

EDIT: And as soon as I hit 'Create Topic' the source of the music is found.

Shows over, kids. Oh well.

Was posted on Gamefaqs, supposedly it was audio from Isaac's unveil trailer. The theme was Felix's battle theme a remix of it. Sadly it has been debunked, and Isaac, is still not confirmed. But thought you guys want too see it if you're interested. Full credit to who posted it. Oops already ben discussed well disregard this then.

Last edited by a moderator:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
So, I'll just preface that I don't believe this is real, but at the very least it's a good topic of conversation.

The clip claims to be an exert from the Golden Sun rep reveal trailer. For those not initiated, it uses the remixed version of Felix's Battle Theme (leading some to suggest that it would be for his introduction as an Echo, ala Richter) and the GS Sound effect from the Unleash "Megiddo" which came from Felix's weapon, the Sol Blade.

Of note, I have not been able to find this particular remix of Felix's theme anywhere. It could exist, but I've yet to find it.

It's probably fake, but at the very least it's an interesting fake. Audio leaks are very unusual.

EDIT: And as soon as I hit 'Create Topic' the source of the music is found.

Shows over, kids. Oh well.

Was posted on Gamefaqs, supposedly it was audio from Isaac's unveil trailer. The theme was Felix's battle theme a remix of it. Sadly it has been debunked, and Isaac, is still not confirmed. But thought you guys want too see it if you're interested. Full credit to who posted it. Oops already ben discussed well disregard this then.
Yeah, Sakurai wouldn't leave the bit crunch in the game

D

Deleted member

Yeah doubt a leak like this would get out. Oh well still no Isaac, but let's keep hoping.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I find it interesting that when it comes to fake leaking Isaac, it is quickly torn apart faster than you can say, "what?". But with other characters, it lasts longer until they do debunk it. Of course, I don't pay much attention to other fake leaks so I could be entirely wrong on that.
Which makes me think that if Isaac is in, Sakurai is doing an amazing job at hiding Isaac like he did with K. Rool, Dark Samus, Richter and Chrom. These next 50 days are going to be interesting.

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
something I frequently see overlooked on Item wishlists is the Psyergy items like the pound cube or the cloak ball for example
Yeah, I considered the pysnergy items but I also had in mind they might become abilities for the playables. Pound for instance could be a down throw, also Force and Scoop for the other directionals. I suppose that doesn't rule them out as items though.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I find it interesting that when it comes to fake leaking Isaac, it is quickly torn apart faster than you can say, "what?". But with other characters, it lasts longer until they do debunk it. Of course, I don't pay much attention to other fake leaks so I could be entirely wrong on that.
Which makes me think that if Isaac is in, Sakurai is doing an amazing job at hiding Isaac like he did with K. Rool, Dark Samus, Richter and Chrom. These next 50 days are going to be interesting.
That’s because us Isaac fans are bored out of our minds, so when a leak happens, we leap at its throat.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
The waitinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.
Sorry. I'm also bored as well. Cept I'm playing Insurgence bit by bit.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
So cause my phone does this newsfeed thing where it brings up related things of what I search or whatever, I see this news article from Destructoid titled, Golden Sun Paradox. And I'm thinking, is this some theory regarding Isaac in Smash or something? Anyways I click on the link and it starts off with the author going on about how he hasn't slept in days and he's tormented by this one question in his mind that he can't stop thinking about no matter what other games he plays and it's, 'Was Golden Sun a good game?'

He continues by saying he loves the series, voted for Isaac in Smash, jams out to the soundtrack, yada yada and that Golden Sun was the one game that stuck around more than others, but as he grew older seeds of doubt was making him question the mechanics/game design and then he saw on GameFaqs a user who stated how, 'Golden Sun sucks.'

I'm thinking, oh no dude, don't do this. Don't let this article take a sudden turn in how this one user on GameFaqs is totally right and this series does suck and now I'll explain to you why and let's spread negativity for Isaac and his games in the midst of Smash speculation season! But wow, plot twist, it didn't and in fact just restates his love for the series; the little quirks and sound effects it's like kind of sentimental and makes you wanna go, 'Aww!'. Also I love how it ends with him wanting to get the jump on the said GameFaqs user who mentioned that Golden Sun sucked lol.

The Golden Sun series was part of so many childhoods it's just mind boggling to think he didn't pull his weight in the ballot.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I'm seriously thinking we might get the last reveals before those events. Last week of October happens to have the first two days of November and then the weekend is the first event in Tokyo. I could easily see the direct happening that wednesday if not the one before it which would be next week. So yeah either next week or the one ahead that is the start of November could be easily the time we finally hear news… Then they just use that event to keep people hype in japan as the month goes by.

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
So cause my phone does this newsfeed thing where it brings up related things of what I search or whatever, I see this news article from Destructoid titled, Golden Sun Paradox. And I'm thinking, is this some theory regarding Isaac in Smash or something? Anyways I click on the link and it starts off with the author going on about how he hasn't slept in days and he's tormented by this one question in his mind that he can't stop thinking about no matter what other games he plays and it's, 'Was Golden Sun a good game?'

He continues by saying he loves the series, voted for Isaac in Smash, jams out to the soundtrack, yada yada and that Golden Sun was the one game that stuck around more than others, but as he grew older seeds of doubt was making him question the mechanics/game design and then he saw on GameFaqs a user who stated how, 'Golden Sun sucks.'

I'm thinking, oh no dude, don't do this. Don't let this article take a sudden turn in how this one user on GameFaqs is totally right and this series does suck and now I'll explain to you why and let's spread negativity for Isaac and his games in the midst of Smash speculation season! But wow, plot twist, it didn't and in fact just restates his love for the series; the little quirks and sound effects it's like kind of sentimental and makes you wanna go, 'Aww!'. Also I love how it ends with him wanting to get the jump on the said GameFaqs user who mentioned that Golden Sun sucked lol.

The Golden Sun series was part of so many childhoods it's just mind boggling to think he didn't pull his weight in the ballot.
I don't think you need some Destructiod guest writer to validate Golden Sun as a great game. You'd probably get a more accurate or better picture from the people in this thread. You probably already know most of it if you've played through GS and TLA and thought about it at all.

It's a fleshed out world with a suitably epic and engaging story that works on a macro scale with the Lighthouses and on a very micro scale, like the various villages and subplots and whatnot. It's got beautiful and interesting combat with summons and djinn mechanics that keep things fresh and reward exploration and puzzle-solving. The puzzles are well-designed and are worth the effort of fully understanding them. There's a bunch of cool variations on the normal combat, like aboard the ship for the first time or in the tournament, often tied into field psynergy and how that interacts with the world. Plus, there's a ton there to explore, random islands with djinn or the desert and Crossbone Isle or the summon stones in TLA, to different rooms in the dungeons that you'll miss at first glance.

People say it's overly talky. I'll not dispute it, but I'll say it never bothered me. If the dialogue was worse, it would be grating, but it honestly felt like the appropriate amount of people talking appropriately in these situations, and it gave a real voice to Garet and Jenna and the rest. The other criticism is that it's easy (combat-wise) if you put in the time level up or explore, though I've never thought this was a bad thing. Metroid games are easy too if you get all the upgrades, plus the optional bosses require a ton of strategy. I think that viewpoint stems from people who play more conservatively too, not using summons or djinn as often as you should and slowly grinding down with psynergy and heals. Boring and slow.

I don't think you have to appeal to your emotions or nostalgia to shore up your belief that Golden Sun was a great game. It holds up just fine on facts alone.

D

Deleted member

Golden Sun is an amazing, series that many love and adore.

Another's option should not change that for fans.

Glad this didn't happen for this fan.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I don't think you have to appeal to your emotions or nostalgia to shore up your belief that Golden Sun was a great game. It holds up just fine on facts alone.
I think I am a prime example of this. I love Golden Sun and think it is a great game. I first played Golden Sun in early 2015 and I was over 20 years old at the time (Golden Sun was a 13 year old game at the time), so yeah I can't say Golden Sun was a part of my childhood or has any major nostalgic value. That doesn't stop me from appreciating the charm of a GBA classic.

I did grow up playing GBA titles, so I am familiar with other games on the system that I can compare it to. (Unfortunately, Golden Sun was not one of them)

Last edited:

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
It's quite funny because it's not like Golden Sun is particularly easy. It's obviously not ridiculously hard. You don't have to get to level 99 to get through all of the content, but I don't think the content that you go through is easy. I'd say it's average difficulty comparative to most RPGs. I mean, the people that make that statement, I sort of wonder if they remember fights like Deadbeard. Poseidon is a terrifying gatekeeper boss that legitimately gives people a hard time when they're not prepared for it. Most people die at least once if they don't see him coming. Then obviously stuff like Valukar, Sentinel, Star Magician and Dullahan as optional and also hard bosses.

I mean, if you don't prepare and know about Dullahan, you're dead. Not to mention that there are other parts that can be challenging if you don't deal with it well. In my recent runs I actually had some difficulty with the second Colosso battle.

I mean, just to compare it quickly to others in the genre. I never had any difficulty going through Suikoden III or V (still great games). Breath of Fire I & II is about on par, if not lower. All fun games though with tons to offer. Challenge does not always equate to being good. I'm sure all of us can think of one or two games that are hard yet remain non-enjoyable despite that. For me, a good example of Final Fantasy XII (sorry XII fans).

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I don't think you need some Destructiod guest writer to validate Golden Sun as a great game. You'd probably get a more accurate or better picture from the people in this thread. You probably already know most of it if you've played through GS and TLA and thought about it at all.

It's a fleshed out world with a suitably epic and engaging story that works on a macro scale with the Lighthouses and on a very micro scale, like the various villages and subplots and whatnot. It's got beautiful and interesting combat with summons and djinn mechanics that keep things fresh and reward exploration and puzzle-solving. The puzzles are well-designed and are worth the effort of fully understanding them. There's a bunch of cool variations on the normal combat, like aboard the ship for the first time or in the tournament, often tied into field psynergy and how that interacts with the world. Plus, there's a ton there to explore, random islands with djinn or the desert and Crossbone Isle or the summon stones in TLA, to different rooms in the dungeons that you'll miss at first glance.

People say it's overly talky. I'll not dispute it, but I'll say it never bothered me. If the dialogue was worse, it would be grating, but it honestly felt like the appropriate amount of people talking appropriately in these situations, and it gave a real voice to Garet and Jenna and the rest. The other criticism is that it's easy (combat-wise) if you put in the time level up or explore, though I've never thought this was a bad thing. Metroid games are easy too if you get all the upgrades, plus the optional bosses require a ton of strategy. I think that viewpoint stems from people who play more conservatively too, not using summons or djinn as often as you should and slowly grinding down with psynergy and heals. Boring and slow.

Honestly, it's just fun reading gushing experiences like that lol. It's nice to get out of the echo chamber once in a while and see other fans just as passionate. We all know how we feel about Golden Sun in here, there's hundreds of pages of love and support for Isaac. Also I'd be crazy if all this time I've been here, through all these hundreds of pages, and didn't think Golden Sun was a good game until now lol.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
A well designed sprite based video game ages well.
A well designed 3D based video game with a unique graphical style (Windwaker for instance) ages well.
A well designed 3D based video game of the PS1/N64 era plus realistic style graphics ages poorly.

This is my viewpoint.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Personally I think anyone who thinks Golden Sun didn’t age well is mistaken. I played it in 2009-ish for the first time, never having had a GBA or anything and I thought it was great. For reference, I was born in the year 2000 and my first console was a PS2.
It aged better than many others did. Mostly because of its art-style and modeling work. It's not as grating to the eyes as many of the PSOne RPGs can be which use a lot more polygons and sharp edges. Actually I compare it a lot to Suikoden I & II, also on the PSOne, which did it the right way because of how its art-style is and all of the sprite work. It simply feels like you're playing a retro game rather than something that looks like it was filmed in 240p.

I dunno, maybe it's just an opinion. Most of the SNES RPGs are much of the same in how they age well.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
It aged better than many others did. Mostly because of its art-style and modeling work. It's not as grating to the eyes as many of the PSOne RPGs can be which use a lot more polygons and sharp edges. Actually I compare it a lot to Suikoden I & II, also on the PSOne, which did it the right way because of how its art-style is and all of the sprite work. It simply feels like you're playing a retro game rather than something that looks like it was filmed in 240p.

I dunno, maybe it's just an opinion. Most of the SNES RPGs are much of the same in how they age well.
SNES games always age the best, it's just a fact of life

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
It's quite funny because it's not like Golden Sun is particularly easy. It's obviously not ridiculously hard. You don't have to get to level 99 to get through all of the content, but I don't think the content that you go through is easy. I'd say it's average difficulty comparative to most RPGs. I mean, the people that make that statement, I sort of wonder if they remember fights like Deadbeard. Poseidon is a terrifying gatekeeper boss that legitimately gives people a hard time when they're not prepared for it. Most people die at least once if they don't see him coming. Then obviously stuff like Valukar, Sentinel, Star Magician and Dullahan as optional and also hard bosses.

I mean, if you don't prepare and know about Dullahan, you're dead. Not to mention that there are other parts that can be challenging if you don't deal with it well. In my recent runs I actually had some difficulty with the second Colosso battle.

I mean, just to compare it quickly to others in the genre. I never had any difficulty going through Suikoden III or V (still great games). Breath of Fire I & II is about on par, if not lower. All fun games though with tons to offer. Challenge does not always equate to being good. I'm sure all of us can think of one or two games that are hard yet remain non-enjoyable despite that. For me, a good example of Final Fantasy XII (sorry XII fans).
Yeah golden sun isn't too difficult at all, but funny thing that I remembered during my first playthrough of TLA when I was like 9: it took me one full month to beat dullahan. I'm talking about like 5 tries a day for almost an entire month just trying out different strategies to beat him LOL. To this day that was the most I've ever struggled in a video game :p

PokiehlthePoet

Smash Apprentice
I remember all the "good times" I had as a kid trying to beat boss rush on intense difficulty and always dying to tabuu lol. Only ended up beating it once and with zss

I'd personally like tabuu to come back, but only as a minor boss. I'm more interested in a new design for the final boss
Ahhh man.. those "were" good times haha I always used to do boss rush on intense too, dunno if i ever beat it. Maybe once with Link aha.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Ahhh man.. those "were" good times haha I always used to do boss rush on intense too, dunno if i ever beat it. Maybe once with Link aha.
I remember spending hours upon hours upon hours trying beating the Boss Mode on intense difficulty. It was the last achievement I needed to 100% the game too and I refused to use ANY of my hammers. And of course, Tabuu was the one that would give me the most trouble. I beat it with Toon Link. lol

Top Bottom