• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Then 85 thousand Isaac votes globally sounds like an extremely close estimate if this sample is worth going by. We can tell it's not an exact science based on Krystal and Shovel Knight polling ahead of Ridley and still being an Assist. The question there would be, how did the ballot impact those characters in reality? We can run numbers all we want but if 2.6% global can't make shovel knight playable, then it beg's the thought, does the ballot overrule sakurai's typical rules for newcomer selection. I'd say yes honestly. Both of these de-confirmations were edge cases.

Shovel Knight is a third party character, who's very small, and has only one game to his name. If there was a shovel knight 2 and probably a 3 as well, then i'd bet money he would be playable. But that's not the case, he hasn't had a large enough impact on gaming as a whole to justify the third party inclusion.

Likewise Krystal was probably heavily considered at one point, but had to be denied on the grounds of Wolf's far higher numbers and overall importance to the starfox series and nintendo at large. If Wolf hadn't polled as strong as he did. Krystal would be playable.

The thankful thing to consider here is that Isaac's only true competition for a slot from a fellow first party is Bandanna Waddle Dee. And after looking over these number's, running the maths and the like, i'd say that both of them could easily make it. So yeah. Sakurai's typical rules for character inclusion had to have more or less been picked apart piece by piece because of the ballot.
I consider Isaac and Dee the two likeliest newcomers left (maybe tie Dee with Dixie). It certainly feels closer to what this game is trying to do than to have Incineroar and Ken be the last two newcomers.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I’ve had a terrible thought....

If Isaac is in the game... Now that we have a beautiful HD depiction thanks to Nazyrus Nazyrus , what if his official model looks worse?! :cry:
I would be seriously disappointed if they don't surpass my render easily tbh. Mostly because of the quality of the game overall and its renders are top-notch as usual and if Isaac gets in he definitely deserve no less than that same treatment. I still hope i can finish a full render of him before he gets revealed just to compare them hmm…

Seoxys

Smash Apprentice
Just out of curiosity, and if you remember, what characters did you guys vote for in the ballot? For me it was:
-isaac: duh
-geno: duh
-crono: I had recently replayed chrono trigger and felt hopeful :p
-Roy: ended up being a waste of votes...lol
-dark samus: at the time ridley felt impossible to make it and I really wanted more metroid representation

What about you guys?

Hem hem, please act surprised because here's an incredible twist no one saw coming : I voted for Simon Belmont. Deep down, I wanted both him AND Richter but was like "Naaah, Richter would be an alt costume for Simon at best, he'd just have a reference to him"...

Then Smash Ultimate f*cking happened <3

Last edited:

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I would be a little disappointed if he doesn't make base over ones like... *shudder* Steve... Cause only having added one new first party character would just be extremely weird to me. I don't know. I just don't like that outcome. And sorry I'm still not able to get behind Steve as much as some. I feel like his style wouldn't really mesh well. As a stage and assist sure thing. But character..? Not really. It does not feel "right" to me. But if he gets in fine. I won't be bitter about it.
But I'm allowed to be disappointed... right?

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Having only one new first party franchise added in base game would be so bad. Golden Sun is the natural next choice for inclusion imo. There are other good options, but for this game, I think it really ought to be GS. I'm going to be really disappointed if they still somehow think it's a good idea to ignore GS like this.

PokiehlthePoet

Smash Apprentice
Pac-Man is literally the most recognizable video game character in the world and has releases of some sort nearly annually.

But even if he wasn't, resorting to the uncommon exception or extenuating circumstance validates the exact point you're arguing against, that it would be unlikely.
I know Isaac is no where near as iconic a gaming icon as Pac-man and Duck Hunt but hasnt a character from a dormant series been added before?
I didnt say that adding dormant characters was common or likely.
With highly popular characters dormance has never been a deciding factor that resulted in that character having a no-can-enter seal placed over them.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Pac-Man is literally the most recognizable video game character in the world and has releases of some sort nearly annually.
While I understand the premise you are trying to set and I agree with your overall point, this just isn't true. Being older/first doesn't really mean more recognizable. Pac-Man might have been at some point one of the most recognizable video game characters, but Mario and Pikachu for sure are more recognizable universally in today's era.

For example, both of my parents and 5 siblings (and all of their spouses) know who Mario is, about half of them know who Pikachu is, but only about 3 or 4 (out of 12+ people) actually know who Pac-Man is even though all of them are 30+ years old and all (but my parents) played video games at some point in their lives.

I would also give the argument that gaming has grown exponentially. The amount of people who play video games immensely dwarves the amount of people who used to play video games 40 years ago. If you were to account for all of the "Soccer Moms" (who didn't use to play video games, but now play casual and mobile games) and all of the young kids of today who have still not learned about "video game history", I can imagine a lot of characters actually coming on top of Pac-Man in terms of how "recognizable" they are amongst that group of people which make a huge portion of the gaming world.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Pacman may not be the most recognizable, but the dude is top 5 at least

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Im not really arguing against the idea that a new game would be helpful, Im more so observing the fact that dormance hasnt ever placed a "no-can-enter" seal over a character before.
Nor did I ever say it would. I'm not dealing in absolutes. I said I agreed with Jon that he'd have better chances under different, more optimal conditions.

While I understand the premise you are trying to set and I agree with your overall point, this just isn't true. Being older/first doesn't really mean more recognizable. Pac-Man might have been at some point one of the most recognizable video game characters, but Mario and Pikachu for sure are more recognizable universally in today's era.

For example, both of my parents and 5 siblings (and all of their spouses) know who Mario is, about half of them know who Pikachu is, but only about 3 or 4 (out of 12+ people) actually know who Pac-Man is even though all of them are 30+ years old and all (but my parents) played video games at some point in their lives.

I would also give the argument that gaming has grown exponentially. The amount of people who play video games immensely dwarves the amount of people who used to play video games 40 years ago. If you were to account for all of the "Soccer Moms" (who didn't use to play video games, but now play casual and mobile games) and all of the young kids of today who have still not learned about "video game history", I can imagine a lot of characters actually coming on top of Pac-Man in terms of how "recognizable" they are amongst that group of people which make a huge portion of the gaming world.
Well as stated by Guinness Book of Records, it's Pac-Man. Unfortunately the link is dead now, but I assure you it was real at one point.
http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/...-gaming-s-most-recognizable-character/1383766
Here's another link that sort of corroborates it.
https://www.ign.com/boards/threads/marios-not-the-most-recognizable-video-game-character.188218350/
I remember the discussion surrounding it given so many thought it'd be Mario, including me.

Now, that was eight years ago, so who knows, things might look different now. But there aren't any more recent examples of empirical evidence as far as I'm aware. And I mean, that was still thirty years after his prime.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
you cannot convince me that if you showed someone pac-man in his classic pizza missing a slice shape, they wouldn't recognize him. It's Impossible.

Pac-Man along with Mario, Sonic and Pikachu are probably the most recognizable characters in video game history. show some random person on the street a picture of them, they'll immediately recognize them.

PokiehlthePoet

Smash Apprentice
Nor did I ever say it would. I'm not dealing in absolutes. I said I agreed with Jon that he'd have better chances under different, more optimal conditions.
A new game would help, I agree
Dormance hasnt excluded popular characters before, fact.
But even if he wasnt, resorting to the uncommon exception or extenuating circumstance validates the exact point you're arguing against, that it would be unlikely
I dont think I understand this. How does pointing out included characters that were relatively in the same boat as Isaac (popular in-demand character, dormant series) show how unlikely it is...?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
you cannot convince me that if you showed someone pac-man in his classic pizza missing a slice shape, they wouldn't recognize him. It's Impossible.

Pac-Man along with Mario, Sonic and Pikachu are probably the most recognizable characters in video game history. show some random person on the street a picture of them, they'll immediately recognize them.
Would you say the same if I rounded up my 7 nieces/nephews who are all younger than 8 years old and asked them?

Out of the top of your head without searching for it, which promotional art has Pac-Man been in in the past 10 years? In which medias has he been mentioned (I’ll give you one, Pixel)? What merchandise is being sold about him? Which books is he appearing?

Like to be 100% honest, I am a video game developer and I live video games every single day and I haven’t seen Pac-Man anywhere but Smash, Pixels and Ghostly Adventures in the past decade. I know he has had more games and I am sure he has some merchandise and promotions out there, but the fact is I don’t see it anywhere and I don’t even know what they are. If I didn’t know who Pac-Man was already, I wouldn’t learn about him in today’s world (at least not directly. At some point, being a gamer, I would learn about video game history which contains Pac-Man). I mean, I see a Mario related story, plushie, advertisement or media connection at the very least weekly.

In my flawed (because it’s mostly just my own experience, no real data to back it up) and uninformed opinion saying Pac-Man is the most recognizable video game figure is like saying George Washington is the most recognizable figure ever. Sure Americans learn about him in school, sure other countries teach him too and he’s discussed and mentioned in many different topics and most people who were educated will have some sense of who he is, but can you compare him to Iron Man in today’s world (I won’t say Mickey or Mario because Iron Man is a more “realistic” character)?

I would say Pac-Man is incredibly recognizable amongst a gamer-centric group. But Mario and Pikachu go way beyond “gamer centric”. A lot of people who have never touched video games can recognize Pikachu and Mario, which is what I sort of doubt about Pac-Man, at least world wide (In my native country for example, arcades were never a thing. Which means it wasn’t a topic of discussion amongst a generation during the 80s).

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord

Well as stated by Guinness Book of Records, it's Pac-Man. Unfortunately the link is dead now, but I assure you it was real at one point.
http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/...-gaming-s-most-recognizable-character/1383766
Here's another link that sort of corroborates it.
https://www.ign.com/boards/threads/marios-not-the-most-recognizable-video-game-character.188218350/
I remember the discussion surrounding it given so many thought it'd be Mario, including me.

Now, that was eight years ago, so who knows, things might look different now. But there aren't any more recent examples of empirical evidence as far as I'm aware. And I mean, that was still thirty years after his prime.
Pokemon is apparently the worlds biggest media franchise.

It might be Pikachu with Pac and Mario close behind.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Wouldn't it be cool if we had an Isaac AT showing up in Isaac gameplay section of the trailer, with the Golden Boy protecting the crying baby by pushing away the meanies ?

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I don’t know, I don’t think Sakurai considers DLC when making the game. If you look at what we know, DLC characters have only been veterans and characters from third party companies. You can’t very well have a veteran demoted to any other role as people will complain (not to mention that Lucas and Roy don’t really work as Assist Trophies), and we’ve only had two Assist Trophies from unrepresented third party franchises (Bomberman and Shovel Knight) and those two happened in Ultimate.

Plus, we don’t know Sakurai’s stance on upgrading ATs to playable through DLC.
I feel the fan demand behind Isaac is making him either playable in base or mark his return as an assist. If he's an assist, I really doubt he'll be changed to be playable through DLC. Majority of the new support gained from the Rathalos tweet and trademark renewal, along with other supporters who have no connection to Isaac, but want him for his fans, are likely to consider his assist reveal a done deal.

And the smash fan base would just move on to the next demanded character Rex/Pyra or new IP in Spring man (if Isaac couldn't make it playable rip any other just as dormant/older unrepped franchises). I only see maybe a small group of hardcore that will stop at nothing to have Isaac playable and his assist upgraded through DLC, but Isaac supporters will be split and some rather have the assist than nothing and thus won't fight Sakurai's decision.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Updated

1. _Sheik
  2. 1/128
  3. 9Blades
  4. ☆Jisatsu☆
  5. *Verrix*
  6. ?!?!?!
  7. Accursed
  8. Adeptmune
  9. Agk0001
  10. Aguki90
  11. airConditioner
  12. AirMac1
  13. aldelaro5
  14. alguidrag
  15. Akod
  16. Altais
  17. Amberloo
  18. Amtoj
  19. AncientArk
  20. andimidna
  21. Androobie
  22. Aeon Lupin
  23. Apollyon
  24. Aqua Rock X
  25. AquaDork1
  26. AquaSol
  27. Arcadenik
  28. ArkSPiTFirE
  29. Arsenal234,
  30. Arteen
  31. Asian_Charizard
  32. Astraltar
  33. Aureola
  34. Aurora Jenny
  35. AustarusIV
  36. AwesomeCauliflower68
  37. Awesomedude444
  38. aztimh
  39. Backgammon
  40. Baddies are back
  41. Balgorxz
  42. BandannaWaddleDee
  43. Bane84
  44. Banjodorf
  45. bassem6
  46. Bassoonist
  47. Billybae10K
  48. BillyBat
  49. Bingoshi
  50. Bkupa666
  51. Blackwolf666
  52. Blaziken
  53. Blue7113
  54. BluePikmin11
  55. BoltDragon
  56. BoN~
  57. Bowser-Daimao
  58. BravadoMan_13
  59. BridgesWithTurtles
  60. Brother AJ
  61. Browny
  62. Buddy002
  63. Bunny8093
  64. BUnit
  65. Burruni
  66. Calamitas
  67. Calane
  68. CactusBlah
  69. candyissweet
  70. Capita
  71. Cap'nChreest
  72. Captain Toad
  73. CardStealer1
  74. Cazzone,
  75. Chapter Serf
  76. CheckmateChuck
  77. CheeseBroJoe
  78. Cheezey Bites
  79. Chromfirmed
  80. Chrono.
  81. ChronoPenguin
  82. clearandsweet
  83. ClinkStryphart
  84. CliffJumper
  85. Clumsyzephyr
  86. cocy965
  87. Cos.
  88. Coaltergeist
  89. Confirmation
  90. Crap-Zapper
  91. CrossDispatcher
  92. cybersai
  93. Dalek_Kolt
  94. Darkdarkness
  95. Darkfur
  96. DatoSm
  97. Delta64
  98. Demonfunds
  99. Dendros
  100. Desert Croc
  101. Destroyer713
  102. Dezeray112
  103. Dhragen
  104. Dib The Crazy Kid
  105. Diddy Kong
  106. Dihan
  107. Dimensionsword64
  108. Dionaea_floridensis
  109. direktor
  110. DivinexRose
  111. DJ3DS
  112. DJBor
  113. D-Man9293
  114. DMurr
  115. DogManStar
  116. DoodleDuck97
  117. Doncalot
  118. DraginHikari
  119. Drakonis
  120. DrJayfox
  121. Dromader
  122. DukeNapoleon
  123. DustyPumpkin
  124. Dyllybirdy
  125. e105beta
  126. Eagle
  127. EclairSpark
  128. EclipseSmash
  129. EddyBearr
  130. ED Cantu
  131. Edlocke
  132. egaddmario
  133. ElPanandero
  134. El Syd
  135. EndlessChrom
  136. EndlessRain
  137. EnhaloTricks
  138. EricTheGamerman
  139. Essora
  140. ETFruitNinja
  141. ethanrodgers223
  142. Ezequileste
  143. Falgor
  144. Falkoopa
  145. False Sense
  146. FamiconDisk
  147. Felix_the_Slayer
  148. fenyx4
  149. ferioku
  150. Fire Rider
  151. Fire Tactician
  152. Fire_Voyager
  153. FirstBlade
  154. Flamel
  155. Flamingbird
  156. Flareon
  157. Flarzo
  158. Flik
  159. FlintIke
  160. Flynn.Scifo
  161. fogbadge.
  162. foolssigma
  163. FooltheFlames
  164. FrankAL
  165. FreddyOnDrugs
  166. Friesnchip
  167. Frosty Pops
  168. GalacticPetey
  169. Gameguy1996
  170. Gazorpazorpfield
  171. Geassguy
  172. gebi
  173. Geno Boost
  174. ghastmine
  175. Ghirahilda
  176. GhostStorm
  177. Gioka
  178. GladiusVortex
  179. GM_3826
  180. GoldenBoy01
  181. Golden Icarus
  182. GoldenSunIsAlive
  183. GoodGrief741
  184. Gotann
  185. GraveEclipse567
  186. gspindles
  187. Gurein
  188. Hakerson
  189. heylodom
  190. Highway20
  191. Holdenon
  192. hustler713
  193. Huanchi
  194. hwrdjacob
  195. iam8bit
  196. Icana
  197. iDazedX_x
  198. Inawordyes
  199. IntelliHeath1
  200. Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  201. isaac3000
  202. Isaac4SmashUltimate
  203. Isaac for Smash Pls
  204. IsaacOrRiot
  205. Isaac: Venus Adept
  206. Istry555
  207. ItsRainingGravy
  208. ItsYio
  209. IvanQuote
  210. JaidynReiman
  211. Jak_spoon
  212. JamesDNaux
  213. James Tutumbero
  214. Jamurai
  215. Jandlebars
  216. JarBear
  217. Jclubsandwich
  218. JDogindy
  219. JesseMcCloud
  220. Johnknight1
  221. JohnnySparkxs
  222. JoyStar
  223. Jupiter Ivan
  224. Jurae818
  225. Just a random scrub
  226. jweb22
  227. Kalaam
  228. Kalomaze
  229. KCCHIEFS27
  230. KeniththeGatherer
  231. KeybladeSmasher
  232. KHJason95
  233. Kikaru
  234. Kind Dedede
  235. KingCloud
  236. KingShadow
  237. KingTorra
  238. KiraYoshikage
  239. KirbyDragon
  240. Kirbyfan391
  241. Kisae
  242. Klimax
  243. KMDP
  244. Knight-Adept
  245. KoalaNut
  246. Kokirikory
  247. KoopaSaki
  248. Koori
  249. Kremling Man
  250. Kumatora
  251. KurouKamen
  252. Kycse
  253. Lady Palutena
  254. Lampy
  255. LaniusShrike
  256. lanky_gunner
  257. LasermasterA
  258. Leafeon523
  259. Ledfarmer
  260. LeeYawshee
  261. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  262. LegendOfDragoon
  263. legendofrob1
  264. LemmyKoopa
  265. lexpic17
  266. lightdasher
  267. LightheartedBum
  268. Lightosia
  269. Linq
  270. Lisbon Mapping
  271. littl-myth
  272. Liverpool19
  273. LoboRundas
  274. Lone (Thirteenth)
  275. Lonodel
  276. Lord-Zero
  277. Lucanic
  278. Lucimar
  279. Ludjinnado
  280. Luigifan18
  281. lunarum
  282. Lukingordex
  283. Lurxy
  284. Lynn Eslie
  285. M23-X0
  286. MacSmitty
  287. MagiusNecros
  288. MAGMIS
  289. MainJPW
  290. Malcolm Belmont
  291. MaskO'Gears
  292. Master Rapier
  293. MasterMushroom
  294. MatthewVenusAdept
  295. Mav485
  296. McLapras
  297. MeatOfJustice
  298. Mega Bidoof
  299. Mehdow
  300. Mendelsin
  301. MetalMario128
  302. Metocles
  303. Midnight Torch
  304. Miifighters4Smash5
  305. Minato Arisato
  306. Mike Cometa
  307. Mikegamer0608
  308. Mishudo
  309. Monkokaio
  310. MonopolyRubix
  311. MorbidAltruism
  312. Moydow
  313. MrGame&Rock
  314. MrMacBeth
  315. MrToxicVoltage
  316. Muirkat
  317. Mythzotick
  318. mynameisv
  319. MysticKnives
  320. N1N
  321. N3ON
  322. Nauzgo
  323. Necro Toad
  324. Neo Zero
  325. NessAtc.
  326. Niala
  327. Nimbostratus
  328. NineS
  329. Ninjakid41592
  330. Nintandy
  331. Nintendokusou
  332. NitrusVirus
  333. NonSpecificGuy
  334. NoOtherPersona
  335. NoR4U
  336. Nossnitro102
  337. Octillus
  338. Oddyesy
  339. oh.glory
  340. OhMyBanana54
  341. Olo
  342. Onassi2
  343. Oniric Spriter
  344. OpticalBlast
  345. OptimisticStrifer
  346. Oracle_Summon
  347. Organization XIII
  348. osby
  349. otarolgam
  350. Oz37
  351. Pacack
  352. Papagenos
  353. ParanoidDrone
  354. Pcubed007
  355. Pennate
  356. Phaazoid
  357. PhilosophicAnimal
  358. pholtos
  359. Pizza Robo
  360. P.Kat
  361. Plain Yogurt
  362. Playcube
  363. PlayfulMushroom
  364. POKEMANSPIKA
  365. PokiehlthePoet
  366. Powerman293
  367. praline
  368. proxian
  369. psb123
  370. PSIguy89
  371. PSYNergy
  372. PrinceGal3n
  373. PurpleStuff5
  374. PWN3
  375. Pwnapplez
  376. Pyzlnar
  377. QcSlayer
  378. Q-Long
  379. Quetzal77
  380. R.O.B.
  381. Radical Beam
  382. Radori
  383. Raetah
  384. Rafuki21
  385. Raykz
  386. Raziek
  387. Red Dasher
  388. Red Ryu
  389. RegiGygas117
  390. RenH
  391. Replica
  392. Rethuic
  393. Retroen
  394. RetroMetalSonic
  395. RhymeswithEmpty
  396. Roger Smith
  397. RosaPeach
  398. Royaru
  399. Royvolution Ream
  400. RumpletrellskiN
  401. Ryan
  402. Ryuji
  403. Ryuutakeshi
  404. Sabrewulf238
  405. Saer2k
  406. Sagittarius
  407. Salocin
  408. sandfall
  409. SanicJan
  410. Sari
  411. Scatmansworld25
  412. Scoliosis Jones
  413. scoobymcsnack
  414. Seb9k+
  415. SebasSancy
  416. Secret Sexytime
  417. Seleir
  418. Seoxys
  419. Sephazon
  420. ShadowGuy1
  421. Shawnullah
  422. sheik93
  423. shellshocker18
  424. Shin F.
  425. Shinhed-echi
  426. Shiny Porygon
  427. Shog
  428. Sidboylol
  429. Silo777
  430. SirCamp
  431. Skeleton o' Fun
  432. SkullKidKing
  433. Skyblade12
  434. Skyfox2000
  435. sman3975
  436. Smash_Handle69
  437. SmashBro99
  438. smashingDoug
  439. smashkirby
  440. Smashmar2
  441. smash puffle
  442. SmashShadow
  443. smashtriforce77
  444. smileMasky
  445. SmilingMad
  446. SMX
  447. Solbliminal
  448. Solfiner
  449. someonetookjacob
  450. SonicLink125
  451. SonicSmasher
  452. SoraSaturn
  453. Sordim522
  454. SorrowOfAcheron
  455. SoulofKhaos
  456. Soulsaint
  457. SoupCanMafia
  458. Sparkus
  459. Spatman
  460. Spazzy_D
  461. Speedwagon
  462. spoilerowl
  463. Spootondorf
  464. Sqid
  465. Squirtle/Mario guy
  466. SSBFan
  467. Staarih
  468. StaffofSmashing
  469. Strider_Bond00J
  470. StrikeBlade
  471. SuperBrawler
  472. Superfiremario
  473. SuperNintendoKid
  474. Supersmash77
  475. Superyoshiom
  476. Swampasaur
  477. Sykin
  478. Takasmash
  479. tamagone
  480. TappyBat
  481. TBone06
  482. tbuster766
  483. TCT~Phantom
  484. TeamFlareZakk
  485. Techno1000
  486. TeenGirlSquad
  487. TehEpicRyuga
  488. TempestSurge
  489. Tetiro
  490. ThatShadowLink
  491. THE 6r
  492. The Curious Volnutt
  493. The One Who Wrote This
  494. Thekewlusername
  495. T-Hell
  496. TheRealHeroOfWinds
  497. TheSeanMan
  498. TheSpaceKing
  499. The Stoopid Unikorn
  500. TheTactician
  501. THE TemporaryFool
  502. thethirdkoopa
  503. TheZoologist
  504. ThirdDay
  505. ThoughtfulWanderer
  506. ThunderOverload
  507. TiaSilvia
  508. TimeSmash
  509. Tinfoil
  510. Tiymako
  511. ToothiestAura
  512. topspin1617
  513. Travix Man
  514. TreeBranch
  515. True Blue Warrior
  516. Turmalinium
  517. tveye
  518. tyrus+
  519. UltimateWario
  520. Ultinarok
  521. Undella2
  522. User Name String
  523. UtopianPoyzin
  524. Vann Accessible
  525. Vegito2727
  526. Venus of the Desert Bloom
  527. Vintage Creep
  528. Violenceman
  529. walph
  530. warelander
  531. Warheart_666
  532. Wigglytuff ★
  533. winterofsilver
  534. Wintropy
  535. WhiteEaglePL
  536. Xelion
  537. Xenigma
  538. XenoWarriorX
  539. XeVioN
  540. Xiivi
  541. Xithyl_kykorl
  542. xLemmy_KoopaX
  543. xpnc
  544. XTremeGamer1234
  545. XxLtxX
  546. Yangfly Leone
  547. YellowLord
  548. Yggdra
  549. Yoh
  550. Yoshi444
  551. YoshiandToad
  552. Young Horsetail
  553. Your Hero
  554. Ypsen
  555. Yuki Setsuna
  556. Yusa
  557. YwhaletailY
  558. Zabadoo
  559. zabimaru1000
  560. zagman505
  561. zaiman12345
  562. Zalaresh
  563. Zandro
  564. ZanZero
  565. ZarroTsu
  566. ZeldaMaster
  567. ZelDan
  568. ZestyÑ
  569. zferolie
  570. zmero_
  571. Zulyar
  572. Zuppo

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
There is going to be a Smash tournament 3rd-4th November, I think it's nothing relevant to directs or something...

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
I really just want GS to get better representation than it got in smash 4. Preferably more visible things like ATs, Mii costumes, and other items. Obviously playable Isaac is what I want the most but I'll take what we get

TappyBat

Smash Ace
I feel the fan demand behind Isaac is making him either playable in base or mark his return as an assist. If he's an assist, I really doubt he'll be changed to be playable through DLC. Majority of the new support gained from the Rathalos tweet and trademark renewal, along with other supporters who have no connection to Isaac, but want him for his fans, are likely to consider his assist reveal a done deal.

And the smash fan base would just move on to the next demanded character Rex/Pyra or new IP in Spring man (if Isaac couldn't make it playable rip any other just as dormant/older unrepped franchises). I only see maybe a small group of hardcore that will stop at nothing to have Isaac playable and his assist upgraded through DLC, but Isaac supporters will be split and some rather have the assist than nothing and thus won't fight Sakurai's decision.
why do i feel him being an AT again is more likely? i'm scared guys. :<

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Belieeeeeeve in the boi

It can go either way but it just makes way more sense for him to be playable
More importantly their is no way that Sakurai is unaware of just how demanded and popular Isaac is! I am very confident in his chances to make it into the playable roster. No deconfirmation means I keep on hoping just like Shantae and Geno!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
lol What are you guys talking about? Pac-Man hasn't been around in media and whatnot? Don't you guys realize that he's always been around disguised as the LG face symbol?

Attachments

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Because news has been slow (and I have not seen it posted here), here is an arrangement I found that was posted on YouTube recently. Thought I would post it here to help pass the time.

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
Because news has been slow (and I have not seen it posted here), here is an arrangement I found that was posted on YouTube recently. Thought I would post it here to help pass the time.
I'd feel like that's one of those "nice to have but never used" type of tracks to me.

I could put the whole OST of the first two Games into Smash, but would probably only stick with Isaac Battle Theme or that Brawl Remix while playing.

Last edited:

PokiehlthePoet

Smash Apprentice
https://smashboards.com/threads/sun-moon-and-stars-theory.462525/ Hey everyone I thought I should leave this here, you might be interested in checking it out as it's a theory in favor for Isaac.
My friends wall ornaments solidly confirm the Sun, Moon and Stars theory.
http://tinypic.com/r/5ofbj6/9

Lol I turned around and noticed their arrangement while first reading it xD
In all seriousness, I find this theory convincing, especially the Sun and Moon part, I feel like were bound to see Isaac and Skull-Kid included.

Last edited:

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=729442469

just gonna post this here as a reminder not to give up hope my guys
Never saw this, thanks for posting. Even Shovel Knight being an AT is probably a good sign as he has noooo history to draw from and Sakurai still respected the votes enough to include him. Gives me hope for Isaac and Shantae, both of who I voted for. Shantae got more votes than Geno, lol, though none from Japan. I'm sure Geno got none from Europe tho lol.

Seems like Sakurai very much tried to deconfirm characters as assist trophies very early if they were highly voted on. RIP any Advance Wars rep dreams though...

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
guys what if the sun and moon theory are the sun and moon dudes from kirby lol
What if this was the main villain of Spirits mode?
KSS_Marx_2.png

"I got the Sun and Moon to fight. It was all according to my perfect little plan." Marx

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
What if this was the main villain of Spirits mode?
View attachment 170737
"I got the Sun and Moon to fight. It was all according to my perfect little plan." Marx
Ok, I've been seeing Marx frequently in this YouTuber, Mayo's videos. The ones that have been keeping me entertained throughout this "info drought" is his "Abridged Smash Directs" videos. Maybe you guys will get a kick out of them like I did.

This is the August Direct one and arguably my favorite one of his:
https://youtu.be/3M6HLhJW4ig

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
It’s been a hell of an emotional rollercoaster tho. I just want it to be over lol.

Good news is Ultimate comes out in roughly a month and a half. That means is less than that time we WILL know Isaac’s fate.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I believe in our boy still. Look at everything we've been through so far!
Especially compared to the days during Brawl, 4, and DLC. We had nothing but hope. For Ultimate, however, there's so much going for Isaac than against him. It's been an insane roller coaster so far.

Top Bottom