• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

BattleandBrew

Smash Rookie
at B&B we are thinking about switching up a few tournaments and incorporating some new ones into our line-up. One tournament we are considering bringing in is Smash Bros. We are trying to gauge interest in us hosting a tournament of this type.

If you would be interested in participating in a Smash Bros tournament on a Thursday evening at 8pm at Battle & Brew, possibly on a monthly basis, please email BattleBrewTournaments@gmail.com and let us know!

Even just a simple "I'm interested in a smash bros tourney" would be enough, although more information is always welcome and appreciated!

SStrife

Smash Rookie
Just sent the melee fb group a req, but just wondering if anyone around the Alpharetta (30004/30005) area plays melee?

SoggyEagle

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask but I have a friend down in Savanah and I was wondering if there were any melee players down there? She really needs to find a crew...

I'l be moving to Statesboro in mid-August. I'll essentially be up to an hour away, but I would be available maybe two weekends each month to play.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i kind of wish we didn't already have a tourney or else i'd be there :(

we have this: https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/186877848130174/ on the 10th of august. NC smash hasn't been going to it for reasons that don't make any sense, but it's a great venue, and it's a really good monthly for the other fighting games. i really want nc melee to attend next months rese to keep the evo train rolling.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah. i'm getting the hype train moving on it in NC melee. i think at least charlotte and greensboro are confirming. i think with the pressure we're pushing for, raleigh will cave in and make it happen. columbia has always been interested, and with the three big cities of NC confirmed, i'm sure they'll arrive. it'd be really nice to see northern georgia come through, cause i've really been interested in what you guys have been up to (i remember saixander putting in work in that scene, but i guess it died down? idk what happened; i lost touch :( )

SoggyEagle

Smash Journeyman
I am SaiXander.

My grades started to slip a bit, but I got back over a 3.0 this past summer.

I lost track of SC and am going to try to work with the Cola folks to reignite that scene. They don't seem to network out very much, but there is a crew in the Cola/ Lexington area.

I'm moving to Statesboro in a couple of weeks, as it stands, so I'll be trying to develop a scene down there, but transportation and scheduling has always been my consistent issue, personally.

I believe you'd have a better chance getting the Atlanta area interested in things in NC, but I could be mistaken.

I'm gonna focus on establishing a more independent scene in southeast GA, encompassing Savannah, Statesboro, and maybe an hour's worth of travel's radius.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Oh ok. School def comes first; glad ur stuff is bback in order so u can consider a return. Cola has been pretty active; I just saw butch, yoshido and his brother on last Thursday. They've been sorta helped by a player that moved down recently. Idk how they keep in touch though.

Hope to see you again sooner than later bro

SoggyEagle

Smash Journeyman
I think they just live close enough together to use phones...

Might catch you in December.

I've initiated the groundwork for a December tournament for the state of SC, preferably hosted in Columbia.

b_rad

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. My roommate and I are pretty avid smash bros fans and play often (Project M recently, but also Melee) and we're looking for more people to play and practice with us. If anyone lives in the Aiken/Augusta area and is interested hit me up on here

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
So I'm going to be in school for the next three years and I'm thinking I might try once again to do this here Melee thing. I'm in Midtown Atlanta and I think SleepyK has met me once or twice.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
I don't use Facebook, I'm afraid, but I'm aware of the page's existence. I think I've attended one of the Georgia Tech smashfests, but I can't remember any of the names of the people who played with me other than SleepyK. I've been to a few smashfests at differing places over the years, though. A few Georgia smashers might recognize me on sight.

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
Hi all is anyone here in the Stockbridge, Riverdale, Mcdonough or jonesboro area? Looking for players to play locally

Rawkuz

Smash Cadet
Im trying to get back into the scene too. Its been a long time, im looking for some good comp in GA. Willing to drive to get some smash action going. I moved from NY like 8 or so years ago, i played against some names in NY like KillaOR and the like. hit me up.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
I just sent a request to join the Georgia Melee group on Facebook. I had to actually make a Facebook account; I hope you people are proud of yourselves.

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
I just sent a request to join the Georgia Melee group on Facebook. I had to actually make a Facebook account; I hope you people are proud of yourselves.
Idk what is up with these people who are in these groups on facebook but they never respond to anything AT ALL. They only post about things in other states rather than things in GA.

Top Bottom