• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I do play...

I main falco....

I'm beginning to come to more tournaments....

And fox also does really well vs mk....

P.S- Idc if you ban him either way. GA doesn't have enough MK's to warrant me giving a ****.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Well i mean no one really answered my question, but I picked up Mk cuz of gay GRs and getting ***** off stage with Ness. Pretty much the limits of my character, i had/have no problem against him and since Ga only has 1 mk atm idky banning him would even benefit us. Especially since that mk main is originally a falco main.

Mk problems sound personal so ill stay out of you alls problem. But tbh if we only played neutrals hed be tolerable.

:phone:

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Well i mean no one really answered my question, but I picked up Mk cuz of gay GRs and getting ***** off stage with Ness. Pretty much the limits of my character, i had/have no problem against him and since Ga only has 1 mk atm idky banning him would even benefit us. Especially since that mk main is originally a falco main.

Mk problems sound personal so ill stay out of you alls problem. But tbh if we only played neutrals hed be tolerable.

Yo, I don't really care because like you said, there's only 1 MK main really in our state now and I never plan on going out of state except occasionally to a nearby or a few select tournies. And I gave up playing seriously... but for everyone else you're thinking too local. You're right, it wouldn't affect US that much but it'd really help on a national level. MK is a problem, even on neutrals and to say otherwise means you've never played against him on a large scale.

This is the GA Social Thread though, not pro/anti MK Ban discussion thread so everyone should be allowed maybe one more post with their opinions but I think it should quiet down some. This is my last.

Also, our scene blows right now. Alabama scene is taking off it seems and it'd be nice if GA could help them along. You guys should seriously consider signing up for the ASL program they have because even if you only make it to 2 tournaments you're still saving and getting free pizza. And if you make one tournament? Barely lose money if any at all and you help support the AL community as a whole. I'm going to be their unofficial GA Spokesman :D

Hawky

Smash Rookie
Hey sup everyone.

I'm from the south side of GA (not to far south tho because I'm close enough to transportation) Union city to be exact. And I was wondering if you guys knew of some smashfest and stuff that happens weekly. Because I would really love to get into the offline smash scene. So if someone could like give me a call or something letting me know that would be real cool and helpful.

718-930-7549 (I'm from NY and I like to keep my NY number >_>) The names David.

Umby

Smash Master
You're not far from me. Nothing really happens in the area. You'd have to go into Atlanta and maybe there are guys at GSU or GT that want to play. After that, most of the action is further north. I'd say you could chill with me occasionally but I live with my folks and this place pretty much off limits until we get things straightened out. I occasionally try to host stuff in the Atlanta University Center when the semester starts there, so you can check those out if you want.

Hawky

Smash Rookie
You're not far from me. Nothing really happens in the area. You'd have to go into Atlanta and maybe there are guys at GSU or GT that want to play. After that, most of the action is further north. I'd say you could chill with me occasionally but I live with my folks and this place pretty much off limits until we get things straightened out. I occasionally try to host stuff in the Atlanta University Center when the semester starts there, so you can check those out if you want.
I figured that not much happens in my area. And someone told me about GSU and GT, though I haven't had the motivation to go because I'd be going by myself. I do wanna go to the north since like you said thats where all the action is. But th only problem with that is the fact that its out of my transportation range. Sadly Marta only takes you so far =/ Thats fine and i understand, thank you for offering anyway. And I'll try and see if I can get someone to go with me so I can check those out.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Is there anyone that goes to GSU that is active in the smash community? Just wondering since I'm going there and didn't want to miss out on some good practice.
Also marta goes to GT and GSU.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Yo, I don't really care because like you said, there's only 1 MK main really in our state now and I never plan on going out of state except occasionally to a nearby or a few select tournies. And I gave up playing seriously... but for everyone else you're thinking too local. You're right, it wouldn't affect US that much but it'd really help on a national level. MK is a problem, even on neutrals and to say otherwise means you've never played against him on a large scale.

This is the GA Social Thread though, not pro/anti MK Ban discussion thread so everyone should be allowed maybe one more post with their opinions but I think it should quiet down some. This is my last.

Also, our scene blows right now. Alabama scene is taking off it seems and it'd be nice if GA could help them along. You guys should seriously consider signing up for the ASL program they have because even if you only make it to 2 tournaments you're still saving and getting free pizza. And if you make one tournament? Barely lose money if any at all and you help support the AL community as a whole. I'm going to be their unofficial GA Spokesman :D
Yeah i understand i just want the best for our scene either way. Id just rather us have a ready attitude for the situation rather than a complaining one on the matter ya know?

I think whereever i move my pride will be for ga as far as smash goes. So i really wanna c us do well either way the entire community goes on the matter. I feel like there will be a big divide as far as TOs go that throw mk/non mk banned tournies. And the people who attend the banned ones though talented will get ***** 10x harder when they decide to attend non mk banned ones bc of lack of practice and overall acceptance of the character in the game. And i dont want those type of people to be us.

Sorry about bringing the discussion about it back up if it bothers anyone, thisll be my last if its really a problem.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
aren't GT and GSU pretty close to each other?

i guess you'll be working on the doctor for the fateful moment we meet again. :012:

Axel1315

Smash Rookie
Hey ppl...I've had an account here for a while, but never did anything other than lurk up until now. lol Anyways, looking for some people in/near/around Cobb/Spalding county who're into brawl. Maybe a few tournies here or there. Not that anyone really cares to know, but I go to KSU. Go nuts...
My # is 678-572-8099 if anyone cares to meet/play... but if you call leave a message cause I usually ignore unknown #'s. I'll call back almost immediately if you do.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Any eastern Georgia players out and about here?

Talkin' Augusta, where you may as well be in South Carolina.
Haha, I haven't been around in so long.

Yeah, I'm from the Clemson area and am gonna be here for the rest of the summer (til the middle of August). Augusta iirc isn't too far away. I'm really only any good at Brawl, although I haven't had anyone to play all summer + life, job, etc., so I'm hella rusty.

Speaking of which, any good tourneys in the next couple of weeks in Georgia coming up?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
The Salt Mine is August 6 in Lithonia. Some of the GA people also want to carpool to the Geeks and Gamers tournament in Montgomery on August 13.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Yeah so Heroes of Newerth is having a sale on their accounts for only $10 now (originally $30). Limited time offer (not sure for how long). The game is very similar to DotA if you've ever played it. I don't know if anyone here is interested but it's a really fun game and I actually play it a lot more than Smash. I'm pretty good at it too and I have extra accounts I can use to help you learn. However, I warn you that the learning curve is really high and takes a lot of time and knowledge to get good at it. However, it's pretty competitive and has a decent comp scene too (hard to crack into due to nature of the game though but watching competitive games is fun).

If you have any questions PM me. Also, if you use my referral link I get bonus coins. I don't care if you do, but it'd be nice. My link is http://heroesofnewerth.com/ref.php?r=7M7YCH5L

Also, I am aware there is League of Legends which is Free2Play but I don't want to have some big debate about which game is better. I've played both extensively and I enjoy HoN more because I appreciate the way the game is designed in comparison to LoL. If you want to have a debate about it, PM me because I'd enjoy the talk.

Also, if you are unwilling to pay the $10 then I urge you to try out League of Legends which is similar but a Free2Play game. I personally believe HoN is much better than LoL and worth the one time payment of $10 but there are a lot who disagree and I'd just like it if I got you guys into this genre because they're very fun games. So whichever path you choose, have fun!

EDIT: if you want to watch some competitive HoN matches before buying it, take a look at http://www.honcast.com/ and check out some of the games. The Top 10 Plays are fun to watch.
Reposting this because the $10 HoN account sale ends sometime tomorrow and I'd really like it if some of you guys played with me. I know it's a long shot but still... I tried :)

Player-3

Smash Hero
Reposting this because the $10 HoN account sale ends sometime tomorrow and I'd really like it if some of you guys played with me. I know it's a long shot but still... I tried :)
i like it

ign wampuh

play it sometimes its pretty fun if you aren't being perma-stunlocked

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah but the guys saying its gonna shut down LoL are very wrong

it'll take the higher ELO people most likely, casual scrubs will always stick to league tho

-619-

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I'm new to this site lookin for some ppl to play melee with. I live in aiken sc (right by the state line) and thought id see what's going on with the ga melee community

Hawky

Smash Rookie
The Salt Mine is August 6 in Lithonia. Some of the GA people also want to carpool to the Geeks and Gamers tournament in Montgomery on August 13.
I'll be at the salt mines. Can't wait to meet some of you guys even though I don't know any of you at all. Still is gonna be a great experience for me nonetheless, can't wait.

Axel1315

Smash Rookie
saltix and hero both go to KSU
so does dr. pepper the melee player
Yeah, I played Saltix a few times actually. Bro plays gay. Just wondering if there was anyone else in the area. I helped a friend host a tournament once so I probably saw Hero there and just didn't know it.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
nothing wrong with playing 'gay'

makes you a better player for shutting it down

also you're playing brawl so it's kinda hard not to play 'gay' :012:

which is a misnomer because there is no happiness with playing such a game

to each their own :048:

HeroChima

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I played Saltix a few times actually. Bro plays gay. Just wondering if there was anyone else in the area. I helped a friend host a tournament once so I probably saw Hero there and just didn't know it.
Yo. If you hosted a tourney at KSU then chances are we have seen or played each other. I live on campus but have gone home for the rest of summer break. I'm definitely down to play when I get back though. Just PM me after school starts and we can go from there.

Axel1315

Smash Rookie

Lol, dude I was joking. He used that as a tag, and actually described his playstyle that way. I just brought it up as some stupid pun. Maybe quotes around it would have made it more obvious. Oh well...

Yo. If you hosted a tourney at KSU then chances are we have seen or played each other. I live on campus but have gone home for the rest of summer break. I'm definitely down to play when I get back though. Just PM me after school starts and we can go from there.
Yeah, I'm the guy who came in third. Ya'll were playing on my Wii and we did some friendlies afterwards. You used Peach/Falco right?

Axel1315

Smash Rookie

Lol, dude I was joking. He used that as a tag, and he described his own playstyle that way. I just brought it up as some stupid pun. Maybe quotes around it would have made it more obvious. Oh well...

Yeah, I'm the guy who came in third. Ya'll were playing on my Wii and we did some friendlies afterwards. You used Peach/Falco right?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Lol, dude I was joking. He used that as a tag, and he described his own playstyle that way. I just brought it up as some stupid pun. Maybe quotes around it would have made it more obvious. Oh well...
nah it's cool man. not serious over here either. it's brawl. just relax~ :012:

HeroChima

Smash Apprentice

Yup that was me! If I remember correctly, you used Marth?

Axel1315

Smash Rookie
Yup that was me! If I remember correctly, you used Marth?
Yeah man, that was me. I got a little better since then... and I think he might do another tournament this semester, but I'm not sure. (If he does... I'll actually find out if I'm running it BEFORE I get there this time). lol I didn't expect him to make me do everything... or anything really. I figured the RA's would do it. lol

Top Bottom