• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
K lsiten up fools. Apparently, there is a tournament or some kind of glorified smashfest going down at GX tomorrow (the Lithonia venue). There's not many people confirmed at this point but I think it's because no one really knew about it. So now you know about it. Be there or be square. Also, if you live off 400 I might be able to pick you up on my way. PM me and I'll see if I can do the drive (I already have to drive over an hour so I dunno if I'm going to go out of my way that much).

I know it's last minute notice but I just found out about it too so don't complain to me. Try to make it because I don't want to drive all the way there for a 5 man tournament or worse, the people confirmed bail and I'm all alone. Don't bail; come with me.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
not feeling smash anymore. I'm done guys. doubt i'll come to any tourneys, even if just to say "hi." Its been real. you can still hit me up on facebook...

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. Honestly the only place I can go to for smash for now on is GX since it's only 5 minutes away from my house. I wish I could go to other places but my parents are usually very lazy when it comes to driving me to different places that are far away. /:

@frozenhobo - aww man. that sucks!

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Well, I'm now bringing P-1 and Hichez (maybe P-2) too. Neo-X you should come and we can play some and you can teach me Wario :) I decided I'm doing like 80% Wario from now on I think. He's just too much fun.

Also I think Miles and Zatch are coming and Chima is thinking of bringing a person or two so if you guys can get a ride you should try to make it. It's the Lithonia venue, http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301551&page=2

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Yeah so Heroes of Newerth is having a sale on their accounts for only $10 now (originally $30). Limited time offer (not sure for how long). The game is very similar to DotA if you've ever played it. I don't know if anyone here is interested but it's a really fun game and I actually play it a lot more than Smash. I'm pretty good at it too and I have extra accounts I can use to help you learn. However, I warn you that the learning curve is really high and takes a lot of time and knowledge to get good at it. However, it's pretty competitive and has a decent comp scene too (hard to crack into due to nature of the game though but watching competitive games is fun).

If you have any questions PM me. Also, if you use my referral link I get bonus coins. I don't care if you do, but it'd be nice. My link is http://heroesofnewerth.com/ref.php?r=7M7YCH5L

Also, I am aware there is League of Legends which is Free2Play but I don't want to have some big debate about which game is better. I've played both extensively and I enjoy HoN more because I appreciate the way the game is designed in comparison to LoL. If you want to have a debate about it, PM me because I'd enjoy the talk.

Also, if you are unwilling to pay the $10 then I urge you to try out League of Legends which is similar but a Free2Play game. I personally believe HoN is much better than LoL and worth the one time payment of $10 but there are a lot who disagree and I'd just like it if I got you guys into this genre because they're very fun games. So whichever path you choose, have fun!

EDIT: if you want to watch some competitive HoN matches before buying it, take a look at http://www.honcast.com/ and check out some of the games. The Top 10 Plays are fun to watch.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Yeah so Heroes of Newerth is having a sale on their accounts for only $10 now (originally $30). Limited time offer (not sure for how long). The game is very similar to DotA if you've ever played it. I don't know if anyone here is interested but it's a really fun game and I actually play it a lot more than Smash. I'm pretty good at it too and I have extra accounts I can use to help you learn. However, I warn you that the learning curve is really high and takes a lot of time and knowledge to get good at it. However, it's pretty competitive and has a decent comp scene too (hard to crack into due to nature of the game though but watching competitive games is fun).

If you have any questions PM me. Also, if you use my referral link I get bonus coins. I don't care if you do, but it'd be nice. My link is http://heroesofnewerth.com/ref.php?r=7M7YCH5L

Also, I am aware there is League of Legends which is Free2Play but I don't want to have some big debate about which game is better. I've played both extensively and I enjoy HoN more because I appreciate the way the game is designed in comparison to LoL. If you want to have a debate about it, PM me because I'd enjoy the talk.

Also, if you are unwilling to pay the $10 then I urge you to try out League of Legends which is similar but a Free2Play game. I personally believe HoN is much better than LoL and worth the one time payment of $10 but there are a lot who disagree and I'd just like it if I got you guys into this genre because they're very fun games. So whichever path you choose, have fun!

EDIT: if you want to watch some competitive HoN matches before buying it, take a look at http://www.honcast.com/ and check out some of the games. The Top 10 Plays are fun to watch.
lol is better

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Copy/paste from Facebook--

APEX is January 6-8. Since I didn't go to Genesis 2, I'm going to APEX. It's about a fourteen-hour drive from Billy's house (which is what I tend to use as a placeholder, heh).

~850 miles, which turns into ~1700 on the way back. It'll probably be around $200 in gas money. My car will not make that drive, but I would be happy to help with the drive otherwise. What are we going to do?

If we can't get a car volunteered in the next couple months, I'm just going to buy a plane ticket.

http://www.facebook.com/event.​php?eid=228381060507909

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I think a plane ticket would make more sense; Apex is far enough to save up for a plane ticket imo.
True, but, part of the experience is hanging out with your friends, and it makes for part of the memories. That, and splitting gas between five people makes the trip itself cost ~$40 instead of $260 (what the cheapest flight appears to cost right now).

I'm gonna ask around for free housing, too.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Yeah thats the only reason to drive, gas pricing split,hanging with friends and stuff.

Too bad im moving so i wont be involved.

:phone:

Scatz

Smash Champion
Even if I gotten my car before apex, I won't be driving it that far. Too much stuff happened lately for me to chance it.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Is it possible to rent a car and register it under two people. That would still be cheaper than plane tickets if u are worrying about price.

:phone:

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Does any know how to reinstall bootmii?
if you have homebrew channel then all you have to do is run the bootmii installer from HBC and install bootmii to boot2. Now any SD card with bootmii files in it will cause you to load bootmii on the wii's start-up.

but that seems too straightforward. what's the problem?

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
if you have homebrew channel then all you have to do is run the bootmii installer from HBC and install bootmii to boot2. Now any SD card with bootmii files in it will cause you to load bootmii on the wii's start-up.

but that seems too straightforward. what's the problem?
the problem is that I don't have the boot mii files because I had to get a new SD card.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Just go to Wiihacks and use one of their tutorials. They have bootmii files all over that place.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I just had to run the installer again. Wish it was painfully obvious. lol

VietGeek

Smash Hero
...wait isn't that what i just said?

:048:

EDIT: Anyone going to AWA this year? If there's nothing to do there I probably am not going. Yes I am looking for something to do.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
generally have to be 25 to rent a car, i thought
Prices for renting drop a good bit when you're over 25, which I am. :awesome:

(Profound sadness for me being old. :crying:)

However, I can say that I am heavily interested in going to APEX 2. Obv. :012: I haven't thought of the game plan that much, as we're 6 months away. However, I'll let you guys know of plans and such as we approach the fall months.

EDIT: OH, and we should really come out for ATL-R on Sat. I'm officially putting myself as going, so anyone on the 316-->85 way gets a free ride (provided you're not too off my route and traffic.) I really hope I'm not the only one going.

Player-1

Smash Legend
The problem with ATL Revival is that they don't supply us ANY set ups at all and if we do bring set ups they don't even give discounts which would be an incentive to bring more set ups. IDK if most ATL revivals were like my last experience, but if they are then IDK about going. If we get some people to confirm bringing set ups then I'll go, I for one can bring mine too, I'll also probably need a ride if I do decide to go.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
we don't matter as a community to ATL revival other than door fee.

Top Bottom