• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
LOL every time I see Steel2nd's sig of Tomoyo I think of:

not too sure if thats really her in ur sig tho. lol

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Sleepy make it 50 cents and you have a deal.

I'm gonna get *****.

Also I may be entering melee. And I don't need a ride (Directed mostly towards AntiC) since I'll be driving down with Rayku and chilling out for Saturday and Sunday. Need housing though if anyone's willing to put me up for the night.

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
Sleepy make it 50 cents and you have a deal.

I'm gonna get *****.

Also I may be entering melee. And I don't need a ride (Directed mostly towards AntiC) since I'll be driving down with Rayku and chilling out for Saturday and Sunday. Need housing though if anyone's willing to put me up for the night.
no driving to SPSU? =[

Well on that note i'm giving rides to the tourney, however i get lost easily if it's way farther out of duluth. so be able to give relatively good directions back =[.

my entry in the tourney is directly dependant on how much money i get from my friend/ make at work for the next two days. wish me luck.

but i am wondering why is everyone ignoring my money matches in SFIV?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Hey everyone. its offical. i am going to be there on sat. infact im going to be there at 1:30 (bro has work at 2 and cant take me any later) so i hope to see u all there :D

@Octix- whats ur status on commin?

OldBoy=Min

Smash Rookie

Saltix

Smash Lord
I'm in language arts right now writing a persuasive essay on being a competitive gamer.
I'll post it here when it's done :)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
HOLY **** A PUZZLE FIGHTER TOURNEY, GET *****.

And a Dr Mario tourney? Why Do i feel obligated to entering that, and then getting completely assraped cause I blow horribly at Dr Mario.

my god, if i wanted to enter everything I want to, i'd need atleast $60 dollars.

Good ****in god.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Same feeling Dogy. :(
Also, Albino add me to you $5 MM list. Best 3o5 :)
Dyno, as it stands right now, I'm going. Money's good and everything. Just need the ok from my mom. What time does teams start?

here's the essay: Don't flame too hard <3
Competitive gaming is an activity that is earning it’s spot in many people’s lives. In some places, even in the United States, it is regarded as a professional sport. A casual pastime back by competitive attitudes and the support of the community has allowed a “hobby” to undergo a magnificent metamorphic process into something serious.

Why even bother with this? Surely at one time or another you might’ve found yourself in front of a console, hands wrapped around an ergonomic controller, feeding inputs into the game. Now the thing that attracts most people, of course is money. If you can win money from something you’re good at and more importantly that you enjoy, why not do it? This is on the same page as the lottery. Albeit less money is involved, it actually takes skill to earn it.

If not deterred already, generally people start to say things like “I’ll probably have to play a lot.” Or “I’m not going to play for hours on end to get good!” Athletes do the SAME thing. Hours and hours for years and years people engage in some sort of physical activity, some hoping to go to the next level. Most either do it for the fame, the money, or the sheer enjoyment they get out of it. The same thing applies here. Just like the NFL or the NBA, leagues exist for competitive gamers. The best of the best like Tsquared get drafted by leagues such as MLG and earn a paid salary in addition to the money won from tournaments, gifts from sponsors, and other added luxuries.

About now you might be thinking, “There’s no game that I can earn top dollar for playing!” That’s nonsense. There are a plethora of competitive games made to appeal to every demographic. Racing freak? Try Project Gotham Racing. Sports connoisseur? Perhaps Madden is the game for you. Want to get off the couch and get your body involved? Dance Dance Revolution is a good choice. Looking for a psychological battle as well as fast paced action? Try Smash Brothers like myself. Even games like Rock Band, which can be played with a group, are competitive. The only thing stopping one from competing is the level of enjoyment that they would receive.

At this current disposition, the socialites might have their cheeks turned. Naturally, to be able to support this “sport” in your area, there needs to be a community. Becoming a part of this community yields many results. You meet a vast amount of new people all the time, simply because you all have one thing in common. Not to mention traveling out of state and even out of the country to places like Japan.

Competitive gaming’s growth from a hobby to a worldwide phenomenon is no mistake. This is something that applies to both genders, young and old, everyone. Tactical geniuses, social butterflies, sports fanatics, EVERYONE. It’s fun, brings people closer together, and has benefits. There’s nothing stopping me from competeting. What’s stopping you?

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
HOLY **** A PUZZLE FIGHTER TOURNEY, GET *****.

And a Dr Mario tourney? Why Do i feel obligated to entering that, and then getting completely assraped cause I blow horribly at Dr Mario.

my god, if i wanted to enter everything I want to, i'd need atleast $60 dollars.

Good ****in god.

if i was there i would mm you in just about everything.
@reflex one day you will bring everyone form your town to play everything

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
@Octix - don't use as big of words, like being serious, don't try to sound too smart in an high school essay. you oddly enough might lose points, or find yourself using the word wrong.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Y'know, Umby, maybe if you were online more often I might be able to arrange something. Too bad you think AIM is the devil

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Octix. that was really good. i dont agree with antic all that much bout the big words in a high school paper. im glad u talked about that topic... good sh*t. i finally convinced my mom last night to let me go but on the down side she is only gona let my brother take me and he has to be at work at 2 so i am gona be waiting out there for bout 20-30m... all good tho :D

@REFLEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ill be the one who asks.. who are u bringing?

EDIT: Yi-gi-oh still on for some giggles?

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
Min, do you guys sell Nintendo brand GC controllers at WABA, and if so, how much?
i bought mine for fifteen, so it would be around that price. Just so it's easier btw Player, i recommend using the PM system to message Min.

Who's coming to the tourney, and who needs rides.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I'll be definitely coming. Because while you guys ignore me online, you guys only ignore slightly less offline.

And that's what counts! ^_^

Umby

Smash Master
Maybe if you didn't play Sonic people would actually pick you up. O_o

Play Brawl+ with me. Sonic is dumb in that game. Assuming you come...
Well, maybe if you didn't main Marth you'd actually pick girls up.

I may play Brawl +. Idk. I still owe Dark Sonic and ass kicking in that game.

Y'know, Umby, maybe if you were online more often I might be able to arrange something. Too bad you think AIM is the devil
Well, usually I'm playing Persona 3 or SC4. If not I'm usually idle on AIM. O_o

That said, BigLou said he's got me. Thanks for the feedback guys.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
marth's higher on the tier list.
Therefore mindgaming others into thinking I'm some wannabe that thinks he's a hotshot with Marth.

When in fact my Marth sucks.

I should get a Red Bull and grow wings. We all know what Marth + wings equals mirite?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Therefore mindgaming others into thinking I'm some wannabe that thinks he's a hotshot with Marth.

When in fact my Marth sucks.

I should get a Red Bull and grow wings. We all know what Marth + wings equals mirite?
Or you can just play :metaknight:

VietGeek

Smash Hero
holy shit you guys are hilarious -.-

by the way are we still doing the yugioh thing
No one said I was trying to be funny. He would seriously not get any credit if he couldn't justify his answer. <_<

Btw Desu, I'm giving you a dollar tomorrow.

Just do like three matches with me. I mean it's suppose to be a best out of 5 or something.

Top Bottom