• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Umby

Smash Master
-It's called a budget. I allow certain amounts of money for each area. So if you're saving up to buy a house or pay your way through college, you should never go out to eat, ever, or never spend $ on a video game, right? um, wrong. I am just trying to spend less than $30 a month on non tuition, period. So a big hike in one of my few expenses is annoying.
-The price is doubling.
-I was surprised that the entry fee was tripled. I'll just bring my set-up and pay $5. Please don't give me a lecture in why businesses raise their prices. Any market has producers and consumers. Producers will have the upper hand when they are the only one offering in that market. Seriously, you dont understand why I have a problem with price increases..

..but idk now. $5 with set-up.
- To be honest, if you ARE saving money for important stuff like that, then it's not necessarily the case that you should NEVER go spend money on eating out or video games, but if losing extra cash because of a minor price increase on those things is going to be a big loss, then you shouldn't be mad about it because IT'S NOT IMPORTANT as college or getting a house.
- The price is not doubling. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since the whole Brawl monthly to Combo Breaker transition was confusing for us all, but let me make it clear:

The Brawl Monthly is $5. Combo Breaker is $10. It should be assumed that because the Brawl monthly is not being moved to Combo Breaker's date, but actually ADDED to the event itself, that you pay the same amount as if you were going to Combo Breaker which, once again, is $10.

- I don't see where the entry fee tripled.

I also wasn't lecturing on why businesses raise their prices. I was simply countering a statement of yours in which I disagreed with:

The people who want everyone to pay are the people whoa re taking the pot anyway.

To which I'll reiterate - The people who want you to pay aren't the ones winning the money, it's the people who are trying to run a business. More people = more money is a side incentive for better players to want to try and take that money, but considering Waba and any other tournaments with good turnouts are full of people that mainly want to compete and have fun, the "more people" part is guaranteed to happen without pushing for poorer people to join in. Hell, in my case, I'd just push for people to play so we can have a decent community. I'm always trying to influence people to go to in-state tournaments because it's more fun when more people are there, and I'm not good enough to make a dime at these tournaments.

In any case, Waba would have the upper hand in this case of marketing. There aren't too many large tournaments going around in GA on this date, at least not for Brawl. If you're really itching to go to a Brawl tournament in the near future, Waba would be your best bet, in which case you'd be obliged to pay the necessary door fee.

But at least you get one thing that half these people don't...

BRING A **** SETUP SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY AS MUCH!!!

Please? :(

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
church.

anyway ill come to this and enter for brawl+

if kale dosent go ill need a doubles partner. (for brawl+)

dyno? anyone? i play wolf btw.

Rayku

Smash Lord
church.

If there is a Brawl+ side tournament, I highly doubt doubles would even happen, much to my dismay.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
hey guys, since i am leaving for family vacation on thursday, i'd like to get as much bros in tomorrow and wednesday as possible. for tomorrow i alreayd have plans with gawes and for wednesday i'd like to smash all day then leave around 7:00 pm.

is anything going on?
I'd prefer not to pay dollars for a smashfest since i need to save up for p4 tickets.

GOD!

Smash Ace
If you're really itching to go to a Brawl tournament in the near future, Waba would be your best bet, in which case you'd be obliged to pay the necessary door fee.
I don't see why, when you call a specific saturday a combo breaker, you can justify doubling the door fee. And when the door fee was advertised as tripled, that tripled what the door fee has been for weeklies and monthlies since I've been playing melee.

The players who win are getting more money if they convince the poor scrubs who add to the pot to stay. I know the extra door fee isn't going to their pockets. You can say money is just an incentive all you want, it is a big reason to win. W/e.

And I couldn't care less about brawl.

Umby

Smash Master
I don't see why, when you call a specific saturday a combo breaker, you can justify doubling the door fee. .
Because it's initially a day where door fee is $10 anyway. The only time the door fee is $5 is on a Smash monthly. This weekend is not a Smash-exclusive monthly. It's Combo Breaker.

If you want, you can also think of it this way:

Combo Breaker includes several fighting games, which means Waba will be stretching its resources across all of those games to run the tournament. The lesser number of setups there are, the slower the tournament runs. That means people need to bring setups to help out. Because people are lazy, an incentive may be needed to further this cause. An incentive would be to waive/reduce door fees if they bring full setups to be used. With a low door fee, people don't really mind not bringing a set up, since it's cheap. If you were to raise the door fee, however, people are more inclined to bring setups so they don't have to pay as much.

Even if it weren't the case, and people are bringing setups to waive a low door fee, it's then a matter of how much money is not being made. Of all the people that aren't getting their fee waived, they're only getting $5 from each of them. To make up the difference of what could be made, you raise the door fee.

The players who win are getting more money if they convince the poor scrubs who add to the pot to stay. I know the extra door fee isn't going to their pockets. You can say money is just an incentive all you want, it is a big reason to win. W/e.
How often do you really see players pressuring other players to stay in brackets just so they can get money? Money is an obvious reason to do well in tournament, but unless the pot is going to be relatively low, no one's going to try and pressure players to join just for the sake of getting 10 more dollars into the pot.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
What's the Low Tier Brawl Tournament interest level at?

I really would like to know these

Also, DON'T FORGET THAT I WILL BE HERE. That means whoever wants to take the Barline Challenge for BRAWL will have their chance here.
ill take the barline
and i am interested in a $5 low tier (i dont think we have decided on the price yet nor if its <E or <D)

If there is brawl low tiers, I'm entering.
this man's mario is scary, run away people.
church.

i dont understand anything about brawl+ i sometimes play it for fun when i get the chance to get butt ***** by VietG or people, other than that i dont know anything about it :( sorry =/

Player-1

Smash Legend
I probably wouldn't enter a low tier tournament this monthly since it's already $10 more to get in and if i go then me and p3 will have to split our set up 50:50 and pay half of $15

stealth3654

Smash Lord
ill take the barline
and i am interested in a $5 low tier (i dont think we have decided on the price yet nor if its <E or <D)
I think it should be <=E, but we can include Ike for Rayku. :p

Hmmm.... Maybe we should include D, E, F, and the very bottom of C. :chuckle:

Rayku

Smash Lord
it actually cancelled out the smashfest at waba.
The smashfest at Waba hasn't even been made public yet, only word of mouth has made that known.

I intend to just bring my setup for Friday so I can get it there for Saturday to waive my door fee. I think Lounis and I are going to RJ's, but it's up to him.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
that one is also bad..

you need more wits and less insult >_>

Also: flaming me gets you tons of cool points with the rest of south, laijin =D

Purple

Hi guys!
not true rayku, it was on gent's club, alby edited the post entirely.

i'm confused, why are you guys coming friday? are you having housing for friday night or something?

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I had an Idea. PSA tourney. Only PSA characters woud be allowed.
I have quite a lot of them atm.

Link > Zero/Young Link
Sonic > Shadow/Metal Sonic
Tink > Geno(Cosmic)
Jiggs > Wisp
Lucario > Mewtwo
Pikachu > Pichu/Manchu
Mario > Dr. Mario/Phoenix Mario
Luigi > Thunder Luigi
ICs > Frozen's Popo(Still have to put it on there)
Marth > Roy
Any Others
Input on the idea of a PSA tourney?

Top Bottom