• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

VietGeek

Smash Hero
door fee $15? <___<

dammit the moment smash gets included with real fighting gamus

smashers are also expected to pay leik real fighting gamu players

sadface

Any way VietG dont forget if i beat u in melee u have to enter brawl singles :D.
dont make this hurt any worse

Player 3

Smash Apprentice
i dont even have 10 dollars to do melee singles with

what teh ****

i cant go unless i find money on the ground
<_<

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
This is true dyno.

We usually have monthlies on the third saturday, and combo breaker on the last saturday of the month.

Impact Clash V was on our monthly date and instead of interfering with their turnout, we decided to merge it with combo breaker.

For this time only door fee with be 15 dollars to enter, 10 dollars with a fight club membership, and waivered with a FULL setup

and i DO MEAN full setup (wii, brawl, and tv ; melee, gamecube, tv)

Please note that i said that and tell everyone, Combo breaker will be using a great deal of tv's that we already have for other games, therefore we will need more tv's from you all to actually run our event smoothly.
Well i have like 20 allisbrawl folks that want to come to this and i dont think they will be to happy with showing up and having to pay 5-10 more than they wanted to without any notice, also i dont think they will be happy with a 4 day notice saying "bring an extra $10 for door, no food or drinks included"

@ full set up: if i bring a tv and brawl set up do i get in free? without club membership?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
If I go to this I'll MM anyone with my ICs if their character is lighter than say... mario.

>.>

<.<

Purple

Hi guys!
no vietg, you can't.

i think snake a big heavier than mario :(. can i friendly you though dan? i need to get used to mk / oli / and ics

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i'm gonna assume two halves don't make a whole either. <_<

now im just pushing my luck to see what it takes for me not to **** my old man back

Umby

Smash Master
Well i have like 20 allisbrawl folks that want to come to this and i dont think they will be to happy with showing up and having to pay 5-10 more than they wanted to without any notice, also i dont think they will be happy with a 4 day notice saying "bring an extra $10 for door, no food or drinks included"

@ full set up: if i bring a tv and brawl set up do i get in free? without club membership?

Bolded contradictions.

I guess they won't be happy then. That's the way **** rolls. Hey, at least it's a 4 day notice to tell you that you have FOUR DAYS TO FIND $5 EXTRA DOLLARS. I understand that a late change in price can be a kick in the shins, but it shouldn't be that hard to scrounge up 5 more dollars.

No outside food or drink was implied. That's been the rule at Waba since day one.

The full setup should get in you in free regardless of club membership, yes.

If I go to this I'll MM anyone with my ICs if their character is lighter than say... mario.

>.>

<.<
If I come to this, I'll remember to bring your Classic Controller. Question, though: were you also missing a Wiimote? People left **** at in such disarray at my setup at Halloween Bash, so I might have yours while missing mine.

GOD!

Smash Ace
is this $5 door fee and then $10 singles? You can't really mean $15 door fee?

If that's true then **** this, its ridiculous.. paying that much to walk into a building..

Umby

Smash Master
is this $5 door fee and then $10 singles? You can't really mean $15 door fee?

If that's true then **** this, its ridiculous.. paying that much to walk into a building..

The DOOR fee for THIS COMBO BREAKER ONLY is $15 without Fight Club membership. Normally it's a $10 door fee for Combo Breaker.

The fee for a day pass at Waba anyway is $15. =/

Tournaments have done $15 door fees in the past, so it's not that big of an issue. It's just more incentive for people to actually bring full setups.

By the way...

BRING MORE SETUPS.

Besides the fact that often people are ******** and don't claim their free entry into the **** door, the more setups we have, the faster the tournament runs, the quicker we can get to Stevi-Bs or Emerald China.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
@umby: i knew about the food rule, i was asking if they are going to do free sodas and hotdogs this time like the last time. and last time they gave us free food for $10 now they are asking for $15 and no food =[

is diddy lighter than mario?
same weight as mario:
luigi
pit
sonic

Below mario:

ness
marth
diddy
lucas
toonlink
IC
Falco
Peach
pikachu
oli
zamus
zelda
shiek
mk
kirby
fox
gnw
squirtle
jigglypuff

GOD!

Smash Ace
The fee for a day pass at Waba anyway is $15. =/

Tournaments have done $15 door fees in the past, so it's not that big of an issue. It's just more incentive for people to actually bring full setups.
It was $5 last september. inflation is really kicking in lately.

Big door fees for big/expensive venues. I guess we do live in an inefficient market after all. High school economics is garbage, btw.

I'll bring my set-up then, but my av inputs on my TV are finicky.
And if anyone doesn't have a ride or something like that, if you can get to doraville marta station I can give you a ride from there.

Edit: fullmetal, I'd really like to get some advice at this.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Just got done talking to Jamaal.

I quote:
"Paying the $15 means that you can play all games. That's why it's so high."
I'm assuming that "play all games" means that controllers will be provided.

I get to play some sweet, sweet, Tekken 6. (Played it at a friend's house, and am In love.)

Then again, I'm bringing my own Full Set-Up, so it's cool.

[ENTIRELY OFF TOPIC:]
Anybody know of any GOOD card stores in the Norcross/Duluth area? I'm looking for specific M:TG cards, as well as other stuff.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Forrealz: Everyone just bring a full setup.

Melee singles with be 10$/person
Melee teams will probably not happen if people ***** out on money johns, but I'd like to see 20$/team

If you're there for melee, all you need to bring is your tv+cube+Melee and 20$ for the events.
Not that hard, and I -think- the same holds true for the brawl-only entrants (Assuming the pot fees will be the same as the ones I listed above?)

Don't ***** about the door fee- bring your setup.
Problem solved.

@VietG and RJ- your MMs are also accepted.
=)

-----------------------------
1$- VietG/RJ/P3/Jamaal

Purple

Hi guys!

this is the price.

5 dollar door fee with fight club membership, 10 dollars with out it.

door fee is not waivered with a full setup, however it is deducted and brought down for to five dollars door fee.

people with a fight club membership who brings a full setup will get in free.

Just got done talking to Jamaal.

I quote:
"Paying the $15 means that you can play all games. That's why it's so high."
I'm assuming that "play all games" means that controllers will be provided.

I get to play some sweet, sweet, Tekken 6. (Played it at a friend's house, and am In love.)

Then again, I'm bringing my own Full Set-Up, so it's cool.

[ENTIRELY OFF TOPIC:]
Anybody know of any GOOD card stores in the Norcross/Duluth area? I'm looking for specific M:TG cards, as well as other stuff.
you can ignore all of this, the email was messed up.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
no vietg, you can't.

i think snake a big heavier than mario :(. can i friendly you though dan? i need to get used to mk / oli / and ics
Sure thing. :D

is diddy lighter than mario?
No. :embarrass:embarrass:embarrass

same weight as mario:
luigi
pit
sonic

Below mario:

ness
marth
diddy
lucas
toonlink
IC
Falco
Peach
pikachu
oli
zamus
zelda
shiek
mk
kirby
fox
gnw
squirtle
jigglypuff
New cutoff... Mario is heavier than I thought. O.o

= or <Falco

...and excluding ICs. That ditto is dumb. T_T

RJsHouse

Smash Apprentice
you guys should just come to my smashfest :D

No walk-in fee only tournament entry fee yay

THere's a thread about it somewhere in the club.

GOD!

Smash Ace
its not money johns when you really need to save money, especially if your parents are poor as hell and you are going to a good school.
The people who want everyone to pay are the people whoa re taking the pot anyway.

So if someone complains about money, don't just ***** at them.

Umby

Smash Master
its not money johns when you really need to save money, especially if your parents are poor as hell and you are going to a good school.
The people who want everyone to pay are the people whoa re taking the pot anyway.

So if someone complains about money, don't just ***** at them.
Money johns are understandable in general. They just sound ******** when

- If you're trying to save money for something more important the video game tournaments, then you probably shouldn't be trying to enter anyway.
- The price is only increasing $5. (resolved, but the point is still there)
-The people who want people to pay are part of a business. Their services are there to cater your gaming wants/needs, but in the end, it's still business, which requires money. The people taking the pot are often there just to kick ***. Money is just an extra incentive to actually pay the business for playing in the tournament. So they're pretty much in the same boat as you, except they're better at the game.

So no one's really *****ing, it's just you should understand some things about the money and why you shouldn't be completely shocked about a place asking for X amount of dollars just to get in.

GOD!

Smash Ace
Money johns are understandable in general. They just sound ******** when

- If you're trying to save money for something more important the video game tournaments, then you probably shouldn't be trying to enter anyway.
- The price is only increasing $5. (resolved, but the point is still there)
-The people who want people to pay are part of a business. Their services are there to cater your gaming wants/needs, but in the end, it's still business, which requires money. The people taking the pot are often there just to kick ***. Money is just an extra incentive to actually pay the business for playing in the tournament. So they're pretty much in the same boat as you, except they're better at the game.

So no one's really *****ing, it's just you should understand some things about the money and why you shouldn't be completely shocked about a place asking for X amount of dollars just to get in.
-It's called a budget. I allow certain amounts of money for each area. So if you're saving up to buy a house or pay your way through college, you should never go out to eat, ever, or never spend $ on a video game, right? um, wrong. I am just trying to spend less than $30 a month on non tuition, period. So a big hike in one of my few expenses is annoying.
-The price is doubling.
-I was surprised that the entry fee was tripled. I'll just bring my set-up and pay $5. Please don't give me a lecture in why businesses raise their prices. Any market has producers and consumers. Producers will have the upper hand when they are the only one offering in that market. Seriously, you dont understand why I have a problem with price increases..

..but idk now. $5 with set-up.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I'm going to bring my FULL SETUP on Friday, and leave it there and come to the tournament on Saturday. I hope that is okay, and if it's not then that's ****ed up.

What's the Brawl+ interest level at?

What's the Low Tier Brawl Tournament interest level at?

I really would like to know these

Also, DON'T FORGET THAT I WILL BE HERE. That means whoever wants to take the Barline Challenge for BRAWL will have their chance here.

Player 3

Smash Apprentice
what don't bring a full setup do you guys not understand?
Forrealz: Everyone just bring a full setup.

Melee singles with be 10$/person
Melee teams will probably not happen if people ***** out on money johns, but I'd like to see 20$/team

If you're there for melee, all you need to bring is your tv+cube+Melee and 20$ for the events.
Not that hard, and I -think- the same holds true for the brawl-only entrants (Assuming the pot fees will be the same as the ones I listed above?)

Don't ***** about the door fee- bring your setup.
Problem solved.

@VietG and RJ- your MMs are also accepted.
=)

-----------------------------
1$- VietG/RJ/P3/Jamaal
i agree

my problem though

is that i dont OWN a setup
<_<

Top Bottom