• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Hey anyone want to mm me this Saturday if BigLou gives me a ride? I'll take up to $5 worth of mms whether it's 5 $1 or 1 $5 whatever. Post if you're interested. I've never done one before so PM me the rules too (prob just normal tourney rules I assume).

EDIT: The mm is for Brawl. Sorry forgot to say that.
I'll MM you. $2? My Tink V. Your ???

[[I've given up on just picking Brawl Or Melee. I'll just play Both, XD.]]

ArtDude

Smash Rookie
I'll do that Ni. Tink vs DK sound okay? Best 2/3 or 3/5 for $2?

My mains are DK/Kirby/Fox mainly... I bounce around to much. But DK stays consistent. My Fox I'm not to happy with right now. My Kirby is looking pretty decent right now though.

My main source of matches comes from a D3 so my DK is always playing an uphill battle if I get a decent map and play well (he doesn't do standing/walking/infinite so it's just bad against me and not lol). I hate the King :(

ArtDude

Smash Rookie
I'll do that mm for $1 Alby but I feel like you'd enjoy a D3 vs. Kirby match up better. My Kirby is pretty **** decent in the D3 match up section.

But a D3 vs DK I can do as long as no walking/standing chain grab (wall is fine). I actually don't mind the match up that much but I feel like the map choice is a HUGE portion of it. More so than normal.

Player-3

Smash Hero
srsly

sleepy beats marths with mewtwo and thats probobly worse than the dk:d3 matchup

just wait for d3 to trip and fsmash him

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
beating vietg and bbq is reallllly hard for me with mewtwo, no joke.

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah i was watching vietg right before i passed mine and he woulda won but he for some reason ffed a uair offstage at 0% on his second to last stock i was like
D: vietg you tripped

SleepyK

imo vietg still isn't above barline level from what i've seen, but idk how to get around spam with m2

tubes and bbq are clearly above barline but have consistency issues

p3 idk how you are doing right now but you did the right things when you played me

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Me and viet g's friendslies were really fun.
It wasn't fun when i was getting ***** by ihavespaceballz, but i learned a lot so it's all good!!
I've still never played p-3 or bbq in melee though. =S

I think i got better at melee after not playing for a few weeks....odd

SleepyK

you should play melee more often, vietg.

alby it's because you forget about your bad habits and develop new ones. if you're getting ***** and re-learning habits, it's like learning a better set of habits.
that's a bad way to learn, though.
you should be able to
1) change your habits through playing
2) learn from the best possible habits according to the metagame (ex - learning fox from col bol)

Player-3

Smash Hero
im doing allooott better than i was back then

although since i cant practice waveshining is hard when i hit someone with the shine cuz it throws my timing off and i never thought to practice when i hit someone <_<

plus ive been doing combos with falco and other chars, pretty much all of them especially falcon

my techchasing is pretty good, ive figured stuff out about falcos grab game too

ive gotten alot better at OoS stuff to, ive stopped spotdodging and rolling so much and can shine oos

so pretty much what i did before except with less tech mistakes

alby we played melee remember

i triple kneed you in teams

SleepyK

you should

1) practice comboing a level 1 or a controller that isn't there
2) practice approach strings (with them getting hit) by setting a character to 9 handicap with you at 1, and setting the damage ratio to 0.5
3) practice vs shields by putting stars on. if they have a star it's the same stuntime as a shield.
4) practice with p1

Player-3

Smash Hero
i only have one gc controller and my sister stole my gc still

i told her to bring it back next weekend though so hopefully i can practice then

T3h Albino

Smash Master
you should play melee more often, vietg.

alby it's because you forget about your bad habits and develop new ones. if you're getting ***** and re-learning habits, it's like learning a better set of habits.
that's a bad way to learn, though.
you should be able to
1) change your habits through playing
2) learn from the best possible habits according to the metagame (ex - learning fox from col bol)
I think im gonna stop watching shroomed video's and only watch Dogy's.
Like I like the way shroomed plays and all, but think it'd be more beneficial to just watch Dogy's.
Also I don't get to play humans enough so I can't really pinpoint my bad habits.
In brawl if I have a bad habit I'll just, play wifi, see what it is, and do my best to fix it.
Melee I have to wait to get ***** for it then try to fix it as the day goes by. =/
All i know is my worst habit is double jumping....=/
Or jumping as soon as I get in the air rather.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I think I lose to Sleepy's Mewtwo because I have to unnecessarily try too hard, and once I realize that, I'm like, why do I have to try so hard to beat Mewtwo, then I just get depressed and stop trying, and then I lose.

Personally, I think I'm solidly above the barline by my performance at TO5 in pools, friendlies, money matches, and seriouslies, and also with my performance against Rayku and other people at SPSU.

Player-3

Smash Hero
lol alby

just think when you play

thats really all it takes

just think what you do wrong and dont do it

bbq needs more ego

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Hey anyone want to mm me this Saturday if BigLou gives me a ride? I'll take up to $5 worth of mms whether it's 5 $1 or 1 $5 whatever. Post if you're interested. I've never done one before so PM me the rules too (prob just normal tourney rules I assume).

EDIT: The mm is for Brawl. Sorry forgot to say that.
I'm game for a MM.

I'll MM you. $2? My Tink V. Your ???

[[I've given up on just picking Brawl Or Melee. I'll just play Both, XD.]]
I'll MM you too.

SleepyK

p3 is trying to hide his true wisdom by posting spam-style
but he knows what's up

Player-3

Smash Hero
hush sleepy it worked on bbq at like the second tournament i ever went to

im such a pro mindgamer lol

bbq was like wtf :u i 4 stocked u in melee and u 2 stock me in barlw

i was like lololol mindgamze son

did i throw you guys off yet

Player-3

Smash Hero
oh **** i forgot hell be at his moms

maybe he can give us a ride back so my parents arent like you never win anything why do you go you dumb kid why do you have dreams theyll never come true

Player-1

Smash Legend
oh **** i forgot hell be at his moms

maybe he can give us a ride back so my parents arent like you never win anything why do you go you dumb kid why do you have dreams theyll never come true
I already talked to him and he said probably not, but you should enter brawl, I think you have a better chance of showing your improving to your parents if you play brawl.

SleepyK

i think he has a better chance of showing his improvement if he just drops his pants and walks around the house

Player-3

Smash Hero
umby i dont sandbag its much worse than that

___
sure pay for my entry fee and get me top seeding so i dont get ***** by brackets

sleepy knows whats up

ArtDude

Smash Rookie
K so I have the following mms set up. Correct me if I'm wrong or I forget someone...

$2 MM against Nih. Tink vs DK.
$1 MM against Alby. D3 vs DK?.
$1 MM against Desu. MK? vs DK?.
$1 MM against BBQ. Wario? vs DK?.

Think that's about it and that's my $5 worth of MMs right there. I may change my mind about playing DK but yeah those are prob going to be it. See you guys this Saturday for sure then. I'll wear a GT hat in case you've never met me before (prob haven't).

Player-3

Smash Hero
mars i play melee now and i beat sleepys mewtwo and i almost beat toastys ness at to5

last stock 100% almost
T_T

am i good yet

i doubt it

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i may not come saturday. i don't have a ride, money, and i have no skill at this game anymore (Halo ODST has seen to that). if i do make it, i won't be able to enter anything anyway....

anyway, there are my johns. take them with as many grains of salt as want.

Player-3

Smash Hero
AH

frozn u got ODST?!

be on friday night me and p1 gonna be playing firefight all night you can join us for fun

we played it yesterday cuz school got cancelled and we got 200k+ on crater

would have gotten farther but my brothers friend who brought the game decided to press the menu thing to see what the achievement was when i was charging a brute with a gravity hammer so we got *****

Top Bottom